Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yes i !signup'd on Brumal

Comment

From what I can tell, the applet cannot communicate to the server, which is why you get a "failed to connect". You don't have to setup any kind of port forwarding and the problem is not the !signup. My guess is a firewall blocking the connection. It can be something else.. try to narrow the problem. Keep in mind TWChat is a simple bot inside an applet.

Try with Wireshark and see if TW even reply when the applet is trying to connect.
      TW Bot Developer
      TW Web Developer
      Friends> All I saw was arobas+
      Friends> It's like death

Comment

Install firefox or some other browser and then reinstall java. if this does not work then move to firewall/AV troubleshooting. Turn each one off (AV and firwall) in turn and see what happens. Are you running XP or Win7? If its Win7 i can give you a few more things to try
        eph

Comment

this is going to be great for reducing the game population!
          can we please have a moment for silence for those who died from black on black violence

Comment

(sigh)

alright, time to put together an exploit
            USA WORLD CHAMPS

Comment

Lol, Your funeral if you do. Abuse of TWChat will be subject to severe consequences. Both in which I hope you will be banned that's everything TW related. Just sayin'.
              Last edited by Dezmond; 08-05-2011, 04:33 AM.

Comment

dez, think of it as a pentest

except hes helping you find exploits that can hopefully be blocked after they are found

you should be bowing down to him, not threatening him

Comment

Xog, stop interfering.

Thanks.

Comment

have you sorted it out yet Xog?

are you running Malwarebytes AM?

Comment

• Originally posted by Xog View Post
                      dez, think of it as a pentest
                      except hes helping you find exploits that can hopefully be blocked after they are found
                      you should be bowing down to him, not threatening him
                      Oldest hacker scam around. Find some dupe in the company you want to break into and befriend him with the line, "your company hired me to find security vulnerabilities, they are paying me to do this… if you help me I will give you x%. Since your company has hired me it’s cool if you help, in the long run this help everyone!” doh
                      No matter what security crap you put into place, at the end of the day the problem is still people and the solution is still people. To his credit, Dez apparently realizes this.
                      eph

Comment

• but i want to see d1s hax tw

Comment

• I don't understand why you find this funny. I can name quite a few players that wouldn't be very happy if this was suddenly took down because some idiot wants to ruin it.

Also, thanks Eph.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ephemeral View Post
                            No matter what security crap you put into place, at the end of the day the problem is still people and the solution is still people. To his credit, Dez apparently realizes this.
                            You're right on the first part, but wrong on the second. The actual problem is that Dezmond doesn't realize the horrific security vulnerability he has enabled, even after it was pointed out months ago with multiple alternatives presented to achieve the same goal. The guy can't even figure out how to harden a trivia bot, why the hell should you believe he has the server protected? While it's always refreshing to see people get enthusiastic about development in this game, they're in way over their heads on this one.

Nice to see his attitude hasn't changed though. Maybe someday you'll learn how to threaten someone effectively, Dex. Just sayin'.
                            USA WORLD CHAMPS

Comment

• bots!!!
                              can we please have a moment for silence for those who died from black on black violence

Comment

• Originally posted by Dezmond View Post
                                I don't understand why you find this funny. I can name quite a few players that wouldn't be very happy if this was suddenly took down because some idiot wants to ruin it.

Also, thanks Eph.
                                i find it funny because youre literally putting this up knowing its unsafe, with the full will to just take it down "when some idiot ruins it"

thats like decorating the slums with gold bars, expecting nobody to steal it. then saying "if anyone steals any of the gold bars im going to take them away"

Comment

Working...
                                X