No announcement yet.

TW Web-Based Chat Client

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I appreciate what you're doing here, and the web chat is actually a lot cooler than I expected, but the fact that it opens a security hole and the indignant reaction to criticism about it is pretty shocking. If you were working for someone and knowingly coded something that opened a huge security hole, you'd probably be fired on the spot.

For one person publicly claiming that they're going to exploit the security hole, you could have 100 people that don't say anything when they do it.
    sdg

Comment

• Can we just stop talking about 'security'? I think one person saying it is enough rather than loads of people talking about.

Comment

• let's just keep ignoring this 'security' issue all together

it's not like it's the

or anything
        jasonofabitch loves!!!!

Comment

• I didn't say totaly ignore it. But keep going on about it isn't going to do much. As said, if there is an exploit, it'll be fixed. No point in keep dragging it...

Comment

• :argue:
            jasonofabitch loves!!!!

Comment

• alot of these people, myself included, know & respect d1st0rt and you really went overboard in the disrespect department. as far as the security thing, whatever, arobas made a good point. but hot damn that came off as unprofessional, dez.
              NOSTALGIA IN THE WORST FASHION

internet de la jerome

because the internet | hazardous

Comment

• --
                Last edited by Dezmond; 08-07-2011, 08:33 PM. Reason: ugh I give up

Comment

• >read thread about new web-based chat client
                  >comment on security of said web-based chat client
                  >get told to stfu

Comment

• Xog you get told to shut the fuck up 12 times a day and you still haven't.

JAMAL> didn't think there was a worse shark than midoent but the_paul takes it

turban> claus is the type of person that would eat shit just so you would have to smell his breath

Originally posted by Ilya;n1135707
                    the_paul: the worst guy, needs to go back to school, bad at his job, guido

Comment

• everybody just settle down

i got this
                      can we please have a moment for silence for those who died from black on black violence

Comment

• Originally posted by the_paul View Post
                        Xog you get told to shut the fuck up 12 times a day and you still haven't.

>get included in a list of people to stop talking about something
                        >get informed he's told to stfu 12 times a day
                        >confused

Comment

• you forgot to add

>ignore requests to shut up
                          >continue speaking like a fuckhead
                          JAMAL> didn't think there was a worse shark than midoent but the_paul takes it

turban> claus is the type of person that would eat shit just so you would have to smell his breath

Originally posted by Ilya;n1135707
                          the_paul: the worst guy, needs to go back to school, bad at his job, guido

Comment

• So wait.... you guys are arguing... in public.... about a security flaw? Aren't subjects of this matter usually discussed in private? You know... for security issues? I mean... wouldn't it be highly ironic for people who supposedly care about security to NOT speak about security related issues in a secured chat...that is secured from public view? Aren't there other forms of communication of security flaws? Private message? E-mail message? Text Message? Phone Call? United States Postal Service? UPS? FedEX?

Comment

• It was brought up previously in a private development forum, where it was met with pretty much the same reception as it did here. I'd give you the exact date of the discussion but after replying in this one, they revoked my access to all of the development forums. I tried several times to not bring it out into the open, but eventually I felt I was left with little recourse. You will notice I have not mentioned any details, just that it's a fundamental flaw in their implementation and cannot be "fixed" short of a redesign that uses a different mechanism. I feel I've done my due diligence at this point so I'm just going to wash my hands of the whole situation.

Seacrest out.
                              USA WORLD CHAMPS

Comment

• so, uh, is this outgoing traffic still going through port 5400?

sorry if this was brought up already.

Comment

Working...
                                X