• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

(Children)>hunted for life
    (zhou)>ofc u hear things cus ur still a virgin
    :zhou:i dont wanna go deaf bro

Comment

you could always make it so that there will be one warbird elim then javelin, then wb again etc. or you could just make it so one ship isn't played more than 3 times in a row.
      TWDTJ & TWDTB FINALIST 2019

Comment

Fix

BASEELIM: Dezmond (3:1) is bringing the zone to shame with 6 consecutive kills! Type ?go elimbeta to redeem yourselves! -Robo Ref

Should be consecutive wins, not kills.

Help Promote TrenchWars - www.trenchwars.org/donations - www.trenchwars.org/donationsoverview

Comment

Originally posted by Twenty Four View Post
          BASEELIM: Dezmond (3:1) is bringing the zone to shame with 6 consecutive kills! Type ?go elimbeta to redeem yourselves! -Robo Ref

Should be Oranje, not Dezmond.

Agreed

Comment

UPDATES!

Originally posted by Twenty Four View Post

Should be consecutive wins, not kills.

Thank you, it has been corrected.

I really appreciate everyone's participation in Robo Ref's beta testing (even though I didn't really give you a choice). A ridiculous amount of bugs and inconsistencies have been corrected as a result. As of right now, the bot is relatively bug free. The last phase of testing will be the verification or the correction and re-verification of all things STATS related. This will require a significant amount of play (test) time in order for the amount of data collected to reach a point that is viable for proper stat checks. Everyone will be important to this process, in that, if everyone is aware of his or her own ship stats and reports any inaccurate data then it will be easy to weed out the bugs.

That being said, here are some settings that I currently have programmed into the bot that you may or may not find interesting/agreeable:

Time for each voting period: 10 seconds.
            Time allowed after voting and before the arena is locked: 15 seconds + whatever additional time is needed for the bot to receive any missing player stats (usually 0).
            Time after lock until go go go: 10 seconds.
            The game will terminate itself if there aren't at least two people currently playing in ships.

For in-base ship games...
            After spawning a "go to base" warning is issued if still outside after: 20 seconds
            - After this warning the player is eliminated in 10 seconds if still outside.
            Time allowed outside of base after having had already entered: 20 seconds
            Players leaving base a second time are instantly eliminated.

For out of base games...
            The hiding player finder is enabled by default.
            If a player is found to have not fired a shot or died in 60 seconds or more, their location coordinates are spammed to every other player in the arena.
            The hider finder can be enabled/disabled as necessary by staff.

Individual stats are updated immediately after a player loses/wins.
            The !stats # command will display statistics as they currently stand in the database. This means that if it won't show the stats of a game you are currently playing.
            Each ship has its own set of stats recorded, however, a summation of every ship's stats can be seen by using -1 for the ship #.

Player ranks are updated every game after the MVP announcement.

Comment

Merging the arenas is most likely going to alienate the majority of players who like to only play jav or only play wb. Its like living through x10 more levi voted elims where you just sit and spec for the players who refuse to play wb or vice versa. Also, combining the elims will hamper people's attempts to get big consecutive win streaks when every other elim isn't even going to be the same type of elim for the same person to keep trying to win
              Trench Wars' # 1 Solo WB

TWEL WB Season 1 '03 Champ
              1st Annual WB Tournament '04 Champ
              2nd Annual WB Tournament '05 Champ
              Elim King '03-'11

Sirius> Raspi I want to explore this fetish of yours
              Raspi> AAAHHH THE ZOMBIES ARE COMING!!!! sirius> finally... raspi> unhhhhhunhunh

Comment

its like living through x10 more levi voted elims where you just sit and spec for the players who refuse to play wb or vice versa? i think you shoudld rephrase that as its like a piece of shit warbird who cant do anything besides aim and pres ctrl who cant comprehend that a bomb can bounce off a wall and if it does its pure luck. for the rest of ur post, combining elims will hamper peoles attempt to get big win streaks? this just will prove that untalent players cant luck their way in to zoners like most warbirding faggots do. to be honest warbird would be a fucking bomb ship if it didnt turn in to who can hide on the radar and stray the most. the only fun thing about warbird is rushing, and the fact that only 50% of warbirds do it proves that jav is a more fun/difficult ship and if u think ur still good at this game cuz you've been a "top dueler" since 1998 well then i think you should take a second to count up the total # of people who give a shit about dueling and then at the same time realize how long you've been playing and how many ships you've learned over the man years that you've played you fuckin nerd afk
                Gun remembers.

Comment

Originally posted by Sirius View Post
                  Also, combining the elims will hamper people's attempts to get big consecutive win streaks when every other elim isn't even going to be the same type of elim for the same person to keep trying to win
                  You raise a good point here. Perhaps the win streaks for jav and wb can be kept separate so that way a streak can't be affected by a different ship being played.

Originally posted by fLaReD View Post
                  for the rest of ur post, combining elims will hamper peoles attempt to get big win streaks? this just will prove that untalent players cant luck their way in to zoners like most warbirding faggots do.
                  However, I do agree that keeping the win streak ship-blind might actually raise the skill level required to get recognized in a zoner.

Comment

ps the only reason i was defensive to your post is because you tried to vs wingzero, he's one of the best things this zone has EVER SEEN and anyone who doesn't appreciate the amount of time/effort he puts in this game probably doesnt know shit about the development of subspace so next time you try to pull your inactive head out of your ass i suggest you take a few minutes to talk to the people who actually give a shit about this game and ask them why/how they do the shit that they do. wingzero for sysop.

sry for the anger, luv always
                    Gun remembers.

Comment

Originally posted by WingZero View Post
                      You raise a good point here. Perhaps the win streaks for jav and wb can be kept separate so that way a streak can't be affected by a different ship being played.
                      Don't do that. You just combined the elims so why separate streaks? It's much more satisfying to build a streak over several different ship types. The way you have it now is perfectly fine. If someone is mad that they aren't able to streak because it isn't their ship of choice it's their own fault for being so limited.
                      Phiz> I probably am gay
                      Phiz> I just haven't realized it yet

Comment

fu all seperate the shit.
                        1:Vergilius> ive been wondering something
                        1:Gazo> tell me!
                        1:Vergilius> suppose that i would clone myself
                        1:Vergilius> but i change the y chromosome into an x chromosome, thus making a female version of myself
                        1:Vergilius> and then fuck that clone
                        1:Vergilius> would that be masturbation or incest?

1:Jason> i think soupero is slightly underdeveloped or something

Comment

i know you're still trying to squash bugs so you won't be adding new features just yet, but when you get around to it:

it would be neat to have a "sudden death" option. if a game gets down to two players, the bot will announce "Two players left! Would you like to make it sudden death?" and then each remaining player would have to pm the bot with a command to accept that they agree to sudden death.

it always sucks when you come in for a game and you see two people with just a few deaths and the game is to 10. plus, we've been doing sudden death since the beginning of elim, but it's always been done on the honor system and sometimes people aren't so honorable.
                          jasonofabitch loves!!!!

Comment

Put ?go Javs arena onto the elim map too so that people waiting in spec can play while waiting for a new elim to begin! ?go javs ftw ))))

... more importantly- when are they gonna spend the donated advertising money? More people is better than any improvement.
                            1:Hece> iv done good A (amphetamine) many times and ppl say u cant get your dick up on it..my dick works on every chemical i have tried so far

Comment

that's another feature i'd love to see, fork.

two extra sections of the map, one for birds and one for javs and you pm the bot with !ffa (standing for free-for-all) and you can dick around while waiting for the next game to start.
                              jasonofabitch loves!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Jason View Post
                                that's another feature i'd love to see, fork.

two extra sections of the map, one for birds and one for javs and you pm the bot with !ffa (standing for free-for-all) and you can dick around while waiting for the next game to start.
                                Agreed but not scoreresets for the javs

Comment

Working...
                                X