Comment

Originally posted by Jones View Post
      Trench Wars Amateur League
      Trench Wars Amateur Tournament

Comment

Subspace Winter Wargames
        Former TW Staff

Comment

Well I hate to piss on stuff that people try, but this appears to be just another ill-fated attempt to breathe life into TW. But perhaps I simply don’t understand what the objective is…but perhaps that is because communication sucks. I thought Will was supposed to be some kind of communication liaison, wtf happened to that? Why isn’t there communication of this idea weeks before-hand? Why hasn’t there been communication of the changes that have occurred with the TWHT league? As far as I can tell there hasn’t been a word about sign up for TWHT, just random changes without any notification of what is even going on. Is this new league going to be the same kind of situation? Consider TWL, even there people have to start posting questions before any new information is posted.

Is there a ‘master’ plan to begin to consolidating some of the SS zones? If not, why not?

Unless this is the beginning of a planned consolidation, my opinion of adding yet another poorly planned, poorly communicated, poorly run, non-competitive league makes no sense. TW reminds me of a retail store that is slowly dying, while moving and changing the items displayed for sale might give the appearance of things getting better, what really needs to be done is a fallback to what the store does best, its core competencies. This means making a plan, implementing it, and then measuring its effectiveness.

But if this is just another round of ‘hey, I have a good idea!’, in a complete vacuum of any plan or metric, than it will do nothing positive for TW.

Sorry to hijack this thread but there isnt any other thread for 'the new league'.
          eph

Comment

Bitch got told! -league

Comment

Continuum Cyber Athlete Tournament: SSCU Trench Wars & SSCX Extreme Games Joint League

CCAT for one roof, tournaments in each zone

Comment

DIX

i dont know what it should stand for but it shoudl be called DIX

1996 Minnesota State Pooping Champion

Comment

This just seems like a complete and utter waste of time and effort? I didn't even know a joint league had been suggested so this is a surprise to me. Not only that, how can any one name a league we know nothing about?

Don't waste your effort on a league that's going to be as popular as TWFD or TWSD, actually spend time working on that supposed new website or proper advertising for once, jesus.....
                  TWL-J Season 11 Champion
                  TWL-J Season 21 Champion
                  TWL-B Season 21 Champion
                  TWL-B Season 22 Finalist
                  TWDT-D 2017 Champion
                  TWDT-J 2017 Champion

Comment

We are very well preparing this as we speak, Ricko, and others who seem surprised by a new league. But this time, we're giving the public the opportunity to name the new league and be more involved with it as well, as an effort to get something new and exciting going league wise, and improve our working relationship with other zones, EG as an example for this new league type. Once we make our plans public to the crowd, we can get ideas of interest of both zones players in this league and their willingness to participate, so we can make a final decision on amount of players, amount of squads, prices connected to it, etc. Currently it basically comes down to this:
                    - Based on TWLB and EGFL; one game per squad in EG and one in TW per week;
                    - 8vs8, where a squad always needs to field 4 EG players and 4 TW players;
                    - Number of squads participating is still to be decided, based on players that have signed up (draft style);
                    - Each signed up player needs to be designated as either an EG player or TW player, based on that they will receive two ratings, one for TW, one for EG;
                    - Each squad will have one EG and one TW captain, draft style picking will be done once signups have been closed.;
                    - Rating will be based on our TWDT and the vp rating from EG, each squad can field a max rating per game;
                    - There will be one website+forum for this new type of league, after we have voted on a name for this league this will be put into motion.;

So say you're picked in squad X, it has two captains, one from EG and one from TW. They both obviously know their own zone's players and who to field in which game, while keeping their max rating rules in order. You're from TW, but you have never played in EG. So in EG, your rating is 2 out of 10, while in TW, your rating would be 7 out of 10.
                    Its more beneficial to give you some playing time in EG as well, since there is a rating cap in place, and so the captain can field some higher rated EG players next to you.
                    Two games a sunday per squad, one in EG and one in TW. Each zone's staff hosts their own game, and the league will be supervised by league coordinators, one from each zone.

That's what I can tell everyone of you right now. I know everyone is skeptical when it comes to a new league idea, but don't shoot it down before you've actually tried it, because we're damn well trying to give you all something new and exciting to play.
                    Retired SSCU Trenchwars Head Sysop

1:24> they'd rather add afks than me
                    24 is in for Freq 1 as a Warbird.
                    1:M_M God> gg

help: (renzi) (Public 33): is it possible for a washing machine to cause a wireless connection to lag?

Candy King, -C4L-

Comment

Ye, the same as u did to Racing League. Get gud, mm.
                      "Action is the real measure of intelligence. "
                      Napoleon Hill

wiibimbo>I'm gonna take u out next week for a beer and pizza at Leonardo's...no homo tho! I prefer big boobs
                      Dral>I can get implants

Comment

* Ultimate Subspace or Subspace Ultimate
                        * Subspace Royale
                        * Transcendental
                        * Progressive
                        * Sacrosanctally Subspace

Comment

Subspace: ExtremeWars

Subspace: EliteWars

Subspace: Evolution

Subspace: Revolution

Subspace: Planetary Wars

Subspace: Polestar Extreme

Subspace: Continuum Dynamics
                          FIRST you pillage, THEN you burn.

Comment

I got a name?

Extreme
                            TrenchGameWars
                            "I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery."
                            - Thomas Jefferson

sigpic

Comment

Thanks for your suggestions so far, keep them coming. We will be putting these answers together with the answers EG players submitted into one list and then pick a top 5 or 10 to vote on depending on the suggestions given! This will close at the end of December, so make sure you contribute your possible league name to this thread in order to have a chance at winning pubbucks, a host for a day and some awesome EG prices like bounty&prox!
                              Retired SSCU Trenchwars Head Sysop

1:24> they'd rather add afks than me
                              24 is in for Freq 1 as a Warbird.
                              1:M_M God> gg

help: (renzi) (Public 33): is it possible for a washing machine to cause a wireless connection to lag?

Candy King, -C4L-

Comment

Cres, can u stfu?

Capture the flag, anybody? PC!

Comment

Working...
                                X