no spawns in twdd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Crescent Seal View Post
    TWL website still looks like garbage and relays almost no detailed information like the twd website. Yet this is being ignored even though TWL is our main event. Why not fix this first?
    Maybe because there are bot coders and web coders. Why change the subject?

Comment

Originally posted by Kane View Post
      If it barely happens then why should it even matter so much to you?
      I already explained the impact spawning has on gameplay and I also discussed how fixing the TWL site is a bigger priority than this.
      1:Rasaq> i scrub really hard with toilet paper so little pieces of it get stuck to my anus hair and then later on when im watching tv i like to pull them out slowly because it feels pretty good

1:Mutalisk> heard that n1111ga okyo got some DSLs

Paradise> No names but there's actually a black man in the arena right now.

Jones> MAAAAN1111GA UCHIHA

Paradise> NO NAMES. NOT A SINGLE NAME.....but 3/6 of the players on Force are of a certain descent. I will not go any further.

Comment

Originally posted by Crescent Seal View Post
        TWL website still looks like garbage and relays almost no detailed information like the twd website. Yet this is being ignored even though TWL is our main event. Why not fix this first?
        Maybe because there are bot coders and web coders. Why change the subject? Just looking for something to complain about or to start drama? At this point I don't believe you want to put in the effort to improve the zone and rather put that effort into complaining.

Comment

didnt know this was 2004 and ppl still cried about spawns...

Comment

Maybe because there are bot coders and web coders. Why change the subject? Just looking for something to complain about or to start drama? At this point I don't believe you want to put in the effort to improve the zone and rather put that effort into complaining.
            Didn't know opposing a retarded idea = complaining and causing drama. I'm sorry if I don't share your views on this. My point is that you should do a consensus before slaving over a useless project.
            1:Rasaq> i scrub really hard with toilet paper so little pieces of it get stuck to my anus hair and then later on when im watching tv i like to pull them out slowly because it feels pretty good

Paradise> NO NAMES. NOT A SINGLE NAME.....but 3/6 of the players on Force are of a certain descent. I will not go any further.

Comment

Just make it so that you spawn away from every other person, boom, problem solved.
              (Children)>hunted for life
              (zhou)>ofc u hear things cus ur still a virgin
              :zhou:i dont wanna go deaf bro

Comment

Originally posted by Creature View Post

1.) spawn will always be AWAY from enemy team - this is retarded. From what i've been told, the bot will now spawn you away from the enemy team. THis is a HUGE change that is immediately going to have impact on how people play ship. Now you can't camp the spawn area as a team, and it makes finding your team a breeze since you will never spawn near the enemy. This makes regrouping fundamentally way to easy and will impact the change tremendously.
                This is a key point. Regrouping is a HUGE factor in twd/twl and is a major part of the gameplay. You can't just change this fundamental aspect of the game.

Comment

I'm trying to stick up for the community and change things. I'm trying to get the community involved in projects. Obviously you have a problem with this and you want it to go back to what it use to be right? Call me a retard, call me a faggot, call me whatever you want. Try doing something instead of talking one day otherwise stay out of our way.

Comment

Are you kidding me creature? Do you have any clue what you are talking about? This is the most transparent project I have seen dev and staff work on since ive played this game. It has been said plenty of times now, the bot is being tested in a meaningless arena asking for feedback so we can get it right. Everything but the coding itself comes from the community. Everyone knows about this change and has their opinion and it hasnt even been implemented! You are talking non-sense, put the time and effort into researching something before acting like an expert on it.
                    i'd agree that its being tested in a correct arena.

id say the timing on it is a little silly. why would i play this while twl is going on? why would i play in the high res arenas when twl is going on? it can probably go without saying but i will say it anyway: it would be incredibly stupid to implement this to twl during this season.

aside from testing it, whatever. some will like it some will hate it. same with resolutions, some like it some hate it. as long a staff does what they did last time and actually pay attention to what the people that play the game want, the results should be fine.

beyond this initial trial phase just to see what its like, it should be pretty obvious what players prefer. figure out where the majority of the games are being played and that will give you a clue to how its being received. i'd encourage after twl to start taking statistics. youll probably get a rush of people trying it out right away then settle into whichever arenas they prefer.

1996 Minnesota State Pooping Champion

Comment

This game is already dying and you want to kill the activity of twdd by adding no spawns. This is honestly the dumbest idea ever. Please change this and see how many people will continue playing this game. Also, make this thread for only warbirds to comment on, I don't know why people who don't even wb like chyming into conversations that aren't even relevant to them!
                      Last edited by Best; 01-29-2013, 03:16 PM.

Comment

To clarify what you said zeebu, I don't believe there is a chance that it would show up this TWL season. Its being tested at the moment as a twd change during twd "off-season". Decisions and where to go from there will be made when the time comes.

Comment

To clarify what you said zeebu, I don't believe there is a chance that it would show up this TWL season. Its being tested at the moment as a twd change during twd "off-season". Decisions and where to go from there will be made when the time comes.
                          thats good. i also believe i outlined a very good way to tell how well the change would be received by the warbird playing community. the more you like something the more you would play it. the opposite also is true, if you dont like it, you arent gonna want to mess with it.

1996 Minnesota State Pooping Champion

Comment

Originally posted by Creature View Post
                            I'm going to have to say this is a bad change.

From what I understand and since theres been 0 transparency about what I see as a HUGE change I'm confused how this is supposed to help the community. If anything these are just whiners and from my perspective as a long time TWLD vet, I'm deeply concerned about changes:

1.) spawn will always be AWAY from enemy team - this is retarded. From what i've been told, the bot will now spawn you away from the enemy team. THis is a HUGE change that is immediately going to have impact on how people play ship. Now you can't camp the spawn area as a team, and it makes finding your team a breeze since you will never spawn near the enemy. This makes regrouping fundamentally way to easy and will impact the change tremendously.

2.) spawn deaths where you spawn on a bullet and literally have 0 seconds to dodge ALMOST NEVER HAPPEN. I literally have played hundreds of thousands of deaths and i can first hand tell you it happens literally once every 10 DDs where you spawn on a bullet and die instantly. I'm talking NO MOVEMENT, NO TIME to even react and instantly die. these are the ONLY spawns i think that MAY stand to be removed upon further discussion, but the point here is that most spawns never happen like this.

3.) 80% of the spawn death you have the opportuntiy (if you react fast enough) to have a suicide kill. the other 10% of the time you have a chance to get a free kill, and the final 10% you spawn facing the wrong direction. over time and over thousands of deaths, this variance is going to settle down and assume you have decent aim/reaction speed, it's going to be an end result of EVEN.

4.) 50% of your spawn deaths are because you failed to move in the correct direciton. instead of running away from bullet you run towards enemy. that's YOUR fucking fault and you SHOULD die. i've had enough of ppl crying about getting spawned when 50% of the time if they simply DIDNT shoot, conserved energy, and ran the fucking opposite direction of the opposing team, they would have lived.

5.) spawns are part of the game. deal with it. it hasn't changed in 10-15 years i don't see any reason why it should change know and i'd argue the majority of TWL veterans would be with me 100% of the opinion to not change something that isn't broken.

regardless i'm disapppointed by the lack of transparency and implementing a change when literally knwobody knows about it. couldn't we have had a healthy discussion before assigning valuable development resources to putting in change that 90% of the TW population doesn't even know is happening?
                            Creature is right here. What the hell kane. Spawns have been part of yhe game and this would change game dynamics. I disagree about being even. Like javs u start aware of your momentum and position, so you have more control than a person spawning not knowing where they are facing. But seriously, if twdd is prac for twl and most twl wbs disagree just let it go. I appreciate the effort but this is season 2222...
                            Riverside> engi next time you talk like an idiot
                            7:Riverside> need 2 jack off asap wut website i use?
                            7:Riverside> sigh y u talking about cumming :/

7:Jones> dude have you ever read anything about chia seeds
                            7:Jones> hemp seeds have like 4Og protein per 1OOg
                            7:Jones> 35g protein 47g fat
                            7:Jones> or putting hemp/chia seeds in a glass of water
                            (Cres)> its like they have no other food

Comment

wb is a gay fkn ship thx

Comment

Amar:* yo whats next? they gonna limit the bullet range and make r3 range void??
                                id have to retire
                                Riverside> engi next time you talk like an idiot
                                7:Riverside> need 2 jack off asap wut website i use?
                                7:Riverside> sigh y u talking about cumming :/

7:Jones> dude have you ever read anything about chia seeds
                                7:Jones> hemp seeds have like 4Og protein per 1OOg
                                7:Jones> 35g protein 47g fat
                                7:Jones> or putting hemp/chia seeds in a glass of water
                                (Cres)> its like they have no other food

Comment

Working...
                                X