No announcement yet.

no spawns in twdd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Give 2 second shield on spawn, would solve problem without changing game dynamics.
    Former TW Staff

Comment

Originally posted by Shaddow <ZH> View Post
      Give 2 second shield on spawn, would solve problem without changing game dynamics.
      ???? yeah so if a guy spawns near enemies he has a 2 second shield and full energy to kill people while enemies cant kill him...r u done
      1:Rasaq> i scrub really hard with toilet paper so little pieces of it get stuck to my anus hair and then later on when im watching tv i like to pull them out slowly because it feels pretty good

1:Mutalisk> heard that n1111ga okyo got some DSLs

Paradise> No names but there's actually a black man in the arena right now.

Jones> MAAAAN1111GA UCHIHA

Paradise> NO NAMES. NOT A SINGLE NAME.....but 3/6 of the players on Force are of a certain descent. I will not go any further.

Comment

Originally posted by Crescent Seal View Post
        This is a key point. Regrouping is a HUGE factor in twd/twl and is a major part of the gameplay. You can't just change this fundamental aspect of the game.
        Yeah sure this would be a key point, if it was what the bot did. It's not what the bot does so i'm sorry but your keypoint is not a point at all. I'm finished putting in effort to paying attention to what you say until you put in the effort to actually know what you're talking about.

Originally posted by Shaddow <ZH> View Post
        Until someone goes and intercepts a bullet for their teammate.

Comment

Originally posted by Kane View Post
          I'm finished putting in effort to paying attention to what you say until you put in the effort to actually know what you're talking about.
          Well then why don't you actually list what you are working on and what you want implemented clearly instead of being a faggot.
          1:Rasaq> i scrub really hard with toilet paper so little pieces of it get stuck to my anus hair and then later on when im watching tv i like to pull them out slowly because it feels pretty good

1:Mutalisk> heard that n1111ga okyo got some DSLs

Paradise> No names but there's actually a black man in the arena right now.

Jones> MAAAAN1111GA UCHIHA

Paradise> NO NAMES. NOT A SINGLE NAME.....but 3/6 of the players on Force are of a certain descent. I will not go any further.

Comment

Yeah, accepting spawns as being there is much better than trying to remove them from the equation. less actual complaints
            Former TW Staff

Comment

I'm trying to stick up for the community and change things. I'm trying to get the community involved in projects. Obviously you have a problem with this and you want it to go back to what it use to be right? Call me a retard, call me a faggot, call me whatever you want. Try doing something instead of talking one day otherwise stay out of our way.
              you keep saying you are doing this for the community, yet probably more then 80% of wbs learned of it through this thread. One wb gave you the idea and you just ran with it, and from your wording it seems the change is inevitable even with the backlash you are seeing. Can't have devs doing meaningless work for nothing right?

Comment

It seems like every few years some dipshit decides that "that league needs changing" for no apparent reason and it turns out to be really fucking stupid and literally nobody wants or likes the change. Eventually the players are proven to be right and the idea is fucking retarded and nobody wants it so they end up deleting it. And then a few douchebags are like "this is why the zone can't get new things and this is why all the devs quit" and then I come into the thread and point out that if the devs are busy coding monumentuously retarded changes to the last remaining reason trench wars is even around any longer than we should make them quit sooner.

Seriously this is fucking retarded, spawning is part of the game, camping the spawn is a team skill that can backfire or work depending on how well you team, this change is fucking stupid and will be removed pretty soon I bet. Also KANE, fuck you for coding this retarded shit.
                Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

this makes no sense to me, i don't even care about spawning or not, but how is this at ALL a priority?
                  there are SO many other things that have been suggested and the public has begged to be done, especially in twdd, yet we choose to do that? yes, it's volunteer based, and I appreciate the hard work, but why not be a smart worker as well as a hard worker?
                  no sense whatsoever.

Comment

Staff useless as always. Make a poll on the forums and get the public's real opinion before starting retarded projects.

Comment

Why is everyone hating on my idea? (http://forums.trenchwars.net/showthr...l=1#post825503)

People are acting as if this has already been implemented in TWL/TWD when it's only being tested. Let's test this and give it a shot before we jump to conclusions.

This would be a huge change and I'm not suggesting we implement this in TWL this season or even in TWD during the TWL season, but there's no harm in testing it to see if it something we might like to implement after TWL is over.

Of course current strategy is based around the current settings but that does not mean the current settings are perfect and should never be altered. For example before the resolution limit it was an effective strategy to stack your squad with high resolution players but that did not stop staff from imposing a resolution limit. Warping used to be an effective strategy as well but no one is longing for the days when we didn't have anti-warp.

It's weird how people think there's all these other things that should be prioritized over this one. What better use of a bot coder than to try to improve the TWD bots could there be?

Comment

Originally posted by Burnt View Post
                        Why is everyone hating on my idea?
                        Because your idea sucks? Time spent making this idea "better" is time wasted, move on.
                        "People fear what they can't understand, hate what they can't conquer."

"Cherry blossoms in the Spring, and starry skies in the Summer. The Autumn brings the full moon. The Winter brings the snow. These things make Sake taste good. If you don't like Sake, then there is something wrong with you." Seijuro Hiko

Comment

Are you kidding me creature? Do you have any clue what you are talking about? This is the most transparent project I have seen dev and staff work on since ive played this game. It has been said plenty of times now, the bot is being tested in a meaningless arena asking for feedback so we can get it right. Everything but the coding itself comes from the community. Everyone knows about this change and has their opinion and it hasnt even been implemented! You are talking non-sense, put the time and effort into researching something before acting like an expert on it.
                          No, I'll be the first to admit I don't know what I'm talking about because I haven't been told anything and that I must be the only person that doesn't know about it because according to you "everybody" knows about it and that it is "VERY transparent".

It may be transparent for you but there's not 1 forum post about these changes, not 1 zoner, and I had ZERO clue it was being worked on until Geetar casually mentioned it in conversation in squad chat. I might add that literally NOBODY on squad knew about it. I would also add that it's being tested in a meaningless arena that I don't know where it is, how it's being tested. For you to make a statement liek "everybody" knows about this change, that is not true.

I am doing my research right now and offering my opinion on what I've been TOLD the bot does. Strictly speaking if everything people are saying is incorrect, I would appreciate it if could clarify here on the forums EXACTLY what is being changed....because on the contrary and based on conversations with multiple warbirds in the community, almost NOBODY knows what the changes are or that changes are even being made.

Comment

The bot is being tested in wbduel5. It tries to spawn you somewhere in the normal spawn zone away from blue dots and prizes brief (less than a second) shields so you don't spawn on bullets. The spawns are not delayed and everyone spawns within the normal 3.9 second time frame. Nothing changes at all except there's less spawning. Everyone understands the bot is buggy as shit and needs improvements. The entire point of the testing phase is to fix the current bugs and for people to offer input on what they want to see changed. Sitting on forums complaining is not productive. If you guys want to contribute, go to wbduel5, play a few matches, then give constructive feedback (not lol shit arena fk noob staff). Save your judgements for when the bot is complete.
                            Jessup> saiyan and i had steamy cyber sex once

Streak Breaker Grizzly Beam

Don't Poke the Bear.

Comment

Originally posted by Creature View Post
                              No, I'll be the first to admit I don't know what I'm talking about because I haven't been told anything and that I must be the only person that doesn't know about it because according to you "everybody" knows about it and that it is "VERY transparent".

It may be transparent for you but there's not 1 forum post about these changes, not 1 zoner, and I had ZERO clue it was being worked on until Geetar casually mentioned it in conversation in squad chat. I might add that literally NOBODY on squad knew about it. I would also add that it's being tested in a meaningless arena that I don't know where it is, how it's being tested. For you to make a statement liek "everybody" knows about this change, that is not true.

I am doing my research right now and offering my opinion on what I've been TOLD the bot does. Strictly speaking if everything people are saying is incorrect, I would appreciate it if could clarify here on the forums EXACTLY what is being changed....because on the contrary and based on conversations with multiple warbirds in the community, almost NOBODY knows what the changes are or that changes are even being made.
                              Next time read more forum posts until u make such idiotic comments.
                              Changes: spawning away from enemy ships in wbduel/TWDD which will be implemented after this TWL.
                              "Action is the real measure of intelligence. "
                              Napoleon Hill

wiibimbo>I'm gonna take u out next week for a beer and pizza at Leonardo's...no homo tho! I prefer big boobs
                              Dral>I can get implants

Comment

Originally posted by mtine View Post
                                Next time read more forum posts until u make such idiotic comments.
                                Changes: spawning away from enemy ships in wbduel/TWDD which will be implemented after this TWL.
                                what forum post states there are changes? you're full of shit. nobody posted anything i literally scoured every single forum looking for a post by staff about these changes and until about a few hours ago after i asked for changes beam posted something.

don't fucking personally attack me when you're the one not reading. the entire point i'm trying to make is that spawning AWAY from enemy team is legitimately not a good idea b/c it's altering the dynamics of how teamplay works in TWDD

Comment

Working...
                                X