No announcement yet.

Teaming in elim

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seeing as how I didn't really understand your post I can't clarify.

Anyways I guess my real beef here is that staffers have to warn people while theyre teaming, and they have to continue to team to be banned. People like pushing staff's buttons but most of the time they stop and get with the program whenever the red text comes up. Why give them the shot? Why not just lay down the law when you see it's being broken period.
    Mayo Inc. - We should change god's name to "Tod"... see if there's any followers. - Mattey

Comment

well for one, mayo, is that some staffers are afraid to *warn without putting it in the form of a joke. This goes popular among unpopular staffers who seek the love and support of their fellow Trenchers. I mean, when you do a *warn, the staffer is taking the caution of being flamed by that individual, especially if that individual were a loudmouth. So staff just leave it alone most of the time, until you get those lethal ones that come by like Erathia O.o
      ♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫
      Failure teaches success.

Comment

Mayo lets team.

Comment

Originally posted by Mayo Inc.
          Seeing as how I didn't really understand your post I can't clarify.

Anyways I guess my real beef here is that staffers have to warn people while theyre teaming, and they have to continue to team to be banned. People like pushing staff's buttons but most of the time they stop and get with the program whenever the red text comes up. Why give them the shot? Why not just lay down the law when you see it's being broken period.
          While Kim's point singled out a few of the staffers who actually are what others think, the fact is the flood of abuse reports and the flood of newbs not reading green would be unbearable. Thus, speccing before warning has become regular, and repeat offenders are no longer warned. Slowly but surly the anti-teamer uprising is getting better, the staff list is getting longer, and the amount of teamers caught is getting higher.
          Vehicle> ?help Will the division's be decided as well today?
          Message has been sent to online moderators
          2:BLeeN> veh yes
          (Overstrand)>no
          2:Vehicle> (Overstrand)>no
          2:BLeeN> ok then no
          :Overstrand:2:Bleen> veh yes
          (Overstrand)>oh...then yes

Comment

If it happens, just have them warned or specced. But to ban somebody over a "teaming" claim? Is rather weak. Sometimes ppl just avoid certain ppl, but don't team. So in my opinion, no. I think TW Staff should worry about bigger things then some silly teaming accusation(s) in elim. Do ppl really care about elim(s) still?
            RaCka> how can i get you here
            death row> well basically im holdin off cuz i jus joined sweet. so its not u, its me
            RaCka> YOU'RE DUMPING ME?!?!?!?
            death row> LOL I KNOW I JUS READ THAT LINE AGAIN

Comment

Death Row: The point is that elim is not a team event. Any teaming gives those players an unfair advantage, and I feel should be looked at the same way as lag cheating, and in many cases it is.
              Vehicle> ?help Will the division's be decided as well today?
              Message has been sent to online moderators
              2:BLeeN> veh yes
              (Overstrand)>no
              2:Vehicle> (Overstrand)>no
              2:BLeeN> ok then no
              :Overstrand:2:Bleen> veh yes
              (Overstrand)>oh...then yes

Comment

Why is this condoned at all? People shouldn't need to be warned about it or anything. If you're teaming you should be banned, no questions, no stupid complaints.

Everyone knows teaming is illegal, mods shouldnt even need to give a warning since everyone knows it's illegal.

Rules: All on own freq, all must go to base! Die X times and you are out. Team and be banned.

it's that simple.
                Any time i see teaming, i will remove those people immediately and warn them after (which is the staff policy.. which most should enforce). However, if you see it and no staff are there, please report it using ?cheater immediately and 99% of the time, someone will come to take care of it.
                Originally posted by Copy!?!
                Not killing your friends and squaddies is considered teaming? Im not vulching together with them just avoiding them. Whats wrong with it?
                What's wrong with that? Well trucing is as illegal as teaming. Same policy as i mentioned above. If it makes it easier for you, press ESC+F3 to remove name tags so you can be completely fair in your killing of everyone (or dying to everyone).

"Everyone knows teaming is illegal, mods shouldnt even need to give a warning since everyone knows it's illegal."
                For the record Mayo.. i agree with you, people who break the obvious rules should be dealt with more strictly... not my call though.

Comment

Some mods do not even give warnings any more. Because the people who are teaming have played for years and know they shouldnt team but they do it anyways and wait for the warning.
                  A couple times when i use ?cheater <teamers> - the mod would get there too late like 5 min later and i would allready be out. But this is how elim will be and no one can really change that. Da Farmer! does awesome at his job... Hes always in there if hes on..

?message me if you want to team the next baseelim 2 ppl are left

1:delta> personally, i would not go to war for oil
                  1:FarScape> in age of empires you would
                  1:Freeze> LOL FAR
                  ---
                  5:waven> freeze
                  5:waven> no one talks to ease directly
                  5:waven> you state your business with sanji
                  5:waven> he will relay it to phizey
                  5:waven> phizey will relay it to me
                  5:waven> and i will talk to ease
                  5:Freeze> LOL
                  5:waven> that's how things work around here
                  --
                  1:renzi> freeze theres difference between being wasted and being a waste

Comment

You haven't really been ER that long awesome... but it's nice to know you're going to perform your duties.

In reference to Kim's post: That's complete BS. If that's the case then staff needs to have some sense knocked into it, and hire people who aren't afraid to enforce the rules simply because they might get "flamed" for doing so. I honestly don't think this is the case.

Looking back I was just angry with some teamers when I made this post, can't remember who exactly but it's not important. I realize that a ban is probably too harsh a punishment for people who breal the rules and that speccin' them would work just fine for me, as long as it got done enough to stop rampant teaming.

Just out of curiousity, what are the banbots in the elim arenas for?
                    Last edited by Mayo Inc.; 07-01-2003, 01:27 PM.
                    Mayo Inc. - We should change god's name to "Tod"... see if there's any followers. - Mattey

Comment

Just think of the abuse that would start if people were banned without a warning. 'Staff is corrupt', 'X should be axed', 'wheres my glasses?'.
                      Originally posted by Facetious
                      edit: (Money just PMed me his address so I can go to Houston and fight him)

Comment

Originally posted by disappear
                        Pff. how do u know if it'z teaming or not damnit? it'z like if they didnt team and u ban them, total bs........
                        It'z like if you didnt team and u get blame for teaming and the teamer that teams is still down there while you get speced cuz of teaming? Tough Guess.
                        Guys, why are you still posting here? My good friend disappear settled the whole issue weeks ago with this post. He totally won the argument. This thread should be locked.
                        'vet' is the new 'newb'.
                        sit ez vet, sit.

Comment

He's certainly a reincarnation of the great one.

Spoony Love from up above indeed Louez.

Comment

Originally posted by ZeUs!!
                            Just think of the abuse that would start if people were banned without a warning. 'Staff is corrupt', 'X should be axed', 'wheres my glasses?'.
                            True, but the rules are clearly stated for them when they enter Trench Wars in the upper left corner of the arena and again when they elim, the rules are stated in the same spot. I agree with Mayo that those rules are the warning. But until a sysop switches the rules, we'll have to warn them first.

Comment

Teaming has and will always occur in elim, you cant stop it. Blatent teaming is just sad and staff could only get rid of it by posting a staff member in elim to watch for it all the time. As soon as a staff member enters elim from a teaming call, the teamers can just cut down on it to avoid being specced. Also, as many have pointed out, few ppl care enough about elim to even bitch about what goes on there. If I really wanted to team, no1 can stop me .... Id just aim a lil off when I fired at my friends or something, how can a staff member prove Im teaming that way. Teaming sucks and any1 who feels they have to team to do well in elim is just pathetic. As far as elim is concerned tho, teaming doesnt even make the top 5 of things that are messed up with that arena.

Comment

Just out of curiousity, what are the banbots in the elim arenas for?
                                Tha ban bots are used to help staff just kick the person out of baseelim. Without kicking them out of the whole game. Or they are maybe just used to make it easier on staff. But i am pretty sure it is the first one. Because a while back i researched on it.

1:delta> personally, i would not go to war for oil
                                1:FarScape> in age of empires you would
                                1:Freeze> LOL FAR
                                ---
                                5:waven> freeze
                                5:waven> no one talks to ease directly
                                5:waven> you state your business with sanji
                                5:waven> he will relay it to phizey
                                5:waven> phizey will relay it to me
                                5:waven> and i will talk to ease
                                5:Freeze> LOL
                                5:waven> that's how things work around here
                                --
                                1:renzi> freeze theres difference between being wasted and being a waste

Comment

Working...
                                X