Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Squads

Hey guys

I've been on 5 different squads before and all 5 of them feel kinda same. I have been a leader for the past 5 months and it hasn't gotten boring yet. So my question is What makes ur squad so unique and different than others.

a recent bout of stupid things happening is keeping me into it. I like being the asshole of the squad whe other people try to be an asshole things don't go well.
    There once was a man from Nantucket.

Comment

well, i guess one thing that makes our squad special is the # of people we have. "Taken" currently has 30 people on the twd roster, and all of us are exceptional pilots. Another thing that makes us special is, like paladen, most of us are out to just have fun and play the game the way it was made for. Its great being as high on the twd roster as we are, but to me it really doesnt matter. My old squad ForReaL was the same way.
      "The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is that the good do nothing."

Comment

Been co-captain/captain over the last 30 months for Birds of Prey and Alcoholism. Currently captain of Alcoholism in AML. Why havn't I quit ages ago? Cause I been flying with a couple of my squaddies for 2 years now. Because in our third season we made a valiant last stand to almost scrap into the playoffs. And because the league appreciates our good humor and "never give up" attitude. We're amoung everyones favorite underdog squads in the league (along with Bunner and Llamasery).

But most importantly, win or lose, we just play the game for the game. And get drunk and high whenever we have a game.
        gravy_: They should do great gran tourismo
        gravy_: Electric granny chariots
        gravy_: round the nurburgring

XBL: VodkaSurprise

Comment

Here on Pallies we cyber.

Comment

A-S is the laughing stock of leagues.
            To all the virgins, Thanks for nothing
            brookus> my grandmother died when she heard people were using numbers in their names in online games.. it was too much for her little heart

Comment

well, nothing can beat the gayness of diso..

1:Schnares> COOK THE COCK!

1:CrvenBan> I want real woman....with forrest under her arms and between her legs
              1:CrvenBan> I wanna get lost in it

1:Roi> i can send u a movie of me jerkin off

etc..
              Originally Posted by HeavenSent
              You won't have to wait another 4 years.
              There wont be another election for president.
              Obama is the Omega President.
              http://wegotstoned.blogspot.com/

Comment

You were on Egyptian/Bandits Vedran, if you didnt feel it its not worth explaining..
                Winner of TWDL Scrotals
                Winner of TWT Melee
                Winner of TWLD -FINAL-

Comment

Any squad that is stable and has active players is good. All members do not need to be active all the time (of course, some people actuially MIGHT have a life outside the game) but there are enough people on for all the games and such.
                  Stability is very important though. I don't like changing squads. Until this day teh only time I have quit a squad is when it has dissolved and I wish to keep it that way.
                  5: Da1andonly> !ban epinephrine
                  5: RoboHelp> Are you nuts? You can't ban a staff member!
                  5: Da1andonly> =((
                  5: Epinephrine> !ban da1andonly
                  5: RoboHelp> Staffer "da1andonly" has been banned for abuse.
                  5: Epinephrine> oh shit

Comment

cpt. guano

Comment

Originally posted by pv=nrt
                      A-S is the laughing stock of leagues.
                      You have TelCat. HAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA. Suckas.
                      The Original G.

Comment

We put dildos in boxes and send them to our worst enemies
                        Cough *Camisade* Cough

Comment

TW squads are collections of disparate people joined together for weakly defined purposes. The ebb and flow of the individual personalities, skill levels, and maturities of any given squad is hard enough to manage, but toss in a healthy dose of ‘power’, stir in some competitive juice, and you get a dynamic and volatile situation. Basically an online, never-ending, soap opera filled with sophomoric behavior.

Disoblige was, in my opinion, the best run squad I’ve seen, well organized, well structured, good communications, well disciplined. Most importantly they had a set objective or goal that was understood BEFORE you joined them. I am talking about the squad here, not about personalities, the organization itself. At the time I was familiar with Disoblige, they did have a few problems, but they were by far the best squad around in terms of the organizational entity itself. (Again, I’m not speaking about personalities, good/bad guys, etc.)

I don’t care what the “point” of any given squad is, it might be “Win at any cost”, or “We are just here to be friends” or “We just want to kick some ass” or “We just want to party”. I only care that it is understood and defined up front before people join and the squad evolves too far. Without this, squads turn into what I describe in the first paragraph above, an online, never-ending, soap opera with no real purpose or reason for existence.

Comment

Recipe

Mmm... let's not forget a blenderized cup full of suck in a lot of squads.
                            dong burger

Comment

Re: Recipe

Originally posted by Darius Winds
                              Mmm... let's not forget a blenderized cup full of suck in a lot of squads.
                              Zeba Cosma??? Maybe thats u then... ok

Comment

Working...
                              X