Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks Kane, great info.

Comment

I thought it might be important to bump, and keep this thread alive. Has there been any update/news? I remember Ease and I were talking with lsd101 a while back, when this project first came about. lsd101 said that he had an old friend who is currently a developer for Steam, and that he may be able to get a favor out of him. Has anyone pursued lsd about this?

Comment

Official Announcement - Continuum is going down the shitter
        1:Rasaq> i scrub really hard with toilet paper so little pieces of it get stuck to my anus hair and then later on when im watching tv i like to pull them out slowly because it feels pretty good

1:Mutalisk> heard that n1111ga okyo got some DSLs

Paradise> No names but there's actually a black man in the arena right now.

Jones> MAAAAN1111GA UCHIHA

Paradise> NO NAMES. NOT A SINGLE NAME.....but 3/6 of the players on Force are of a certain descent. I will not go any further.

Comment

Why are we not greenlit yet??

How many "yes" votes do we have?

Comment

nothin gonna happen brah zone went dead long ago went prittk quit devlopin the game
            https://twd.trenchwars.org/showgame/90112596

Retired after i dropped 24 kills and carry the team

wbduel Map Maker Legend

Comment

nothin gonna happen brah zone went dead long ago went prittk quit devlopin the game
              Miss u Priitk

http://www.asi.ee/team/priit-kasesalu

Comment

that photo is so different from his old photo that i didnt even recognize him
                The above text is a personal opinion of an individual and is not representative of the statements or opinions of Trench Wars or Trench Wars staff.

SSCJ Distension Owner
                SSCU Trench Wars Developer

Last edited by Shaddowknight; Today at 05:49 AM. Reason: Much racism. So hate. Such ban. Wow.

Comment

Yo.. Priitk looks like a white Gustavo Fring.
                  Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

If Continuum was rejected due to potential legal issues (as I read on another thread), how come we weren't told about this? Especially after all the ballyhoo about Steam?

Comment

It was an extremely slim chance to get on Steam when we first started the project. Steam specifically require that whoever published the game, have exclusive rights from the owner (PriitK in this case) - which we didn't necessarily have. We've emailed Priit and even got Ghost Ship to talk to him but we didn't hear anything back.

K A N E spoke to some people over on Steam, they said that the game could go in their Free2Play section - again we'd still need to have some sort of exclusive right from PriitK.

I had a look at the Steam stats... we won't get on Steam Greenlight, not just because of the legal issues. Other games (that are also looking to be greenlighted) are voting our game down.

The goal wasn't really to get on greenlight, the goal was to get new players. Publishing a steam page did increase our new players (I don't have firm stats on this, however you can see the downloads stats here: http://trenchwars.org/dezmond/steam/stats/
                      Don't ask me what happened on the 7th October - I can't say if this is true or not as I know 24 has been working on stats for his new initiative for marketing.

If any of you know someone we can bribe who works on Steam, let me know!

Comment

Originally posted by Jessup View Post
                        If this does get on Steams Greenlight, staff also needs to be ready for the influx of help calls too. I'm more then willing to help in the ZH department if this happens.
                        Did you apply yet for staff? :P
                        1:Hece> iv done good A (amphetamine) many times and ppl say u cant get your dick up on it..my dick works on every chemical i have tried so far

Comment

I'm waiting for some of your ideas to be implemented first fork :P

This thread is old but the real hurdles we faced last time are listed.. has anything really changed??..will the rights be worked out this go around??? If we do make steam I will be a zh if they need me heheh but I'll wait and see to believe it first.........
                          TWDT-J CHAMPION POWER 2018
                          TWDT-B CHAMPION POWER 2018
                          TWDT TRIPLE CROWN MEMBER POWER 2018
                          TSL TRIPLE CROWN FINALIST 2018
                          TSLD CHAMPION 2018
                          TSLB CHAMPION 2018

Comment

you better believe it Jess Still you stuck to your word!

Comment

I'm happy that this game is going on Steam.

But on the other hand, this retarded Facebook/Twitter/iPhone generation has a short attention span,
                              and the newbs have to adjust to the archaic mechanics of SubSpace Continuum.

The first few minutes are going to be critical, it should be as easy as possible for a newb to have fun right away,
                              to hook him up fast and get him addicted.

A couple things that will stand in the way of a new player that has never played this game before:

Profile/name creation
                              Most good names are taken, I hope there's a reset of inactive/years old names.
                              This progress should be fast and fluid, a beginner shouldn't be spending a hour long in the main menu figuring out a name that doesn't contain numbers.

!this and ?that
                              The first thing that's going to strike the player is how the game commands function.
                              They will find typing words to do commands very primitive, it's like using Windows DOS.
                              Today's generation has grown up to be spoiled with fancy menus, Continuum's style is going to scare alot of players.
                              It will take a long time to get used to, which is why the gameplay itself should be good enough that they will stick around.

Veterans blowing them up
                              A newbie flying around bouncing against walls, trying to learn the controls and the physics/momentum.
                              A vet wb boosts his way to the newb and snipes him. We should not prey on beginning players in public, that would only mean them ragequitting and uninstalling the game,
                              which goes completely against the idea of reviving Continuum. We need fresh blood, new players.
                              No TKing, trolling, or Tower's constant spam. The community should act mature.
                              Admins should be very active on the days of the Steam launch.

I'm glad that we have a fancy trailer, nice screenshots, footage and a tutorial arena.
                              But in the end, I really hope we do make it through and Continuum becomes a big success.

Comment

Originally posted by dofus View Post
                                The first few minutes are going to be critical, it should be as easy as possible for a newb to have fun right away
                                Just need an entrance message that says "Hit Esc 1 to start. Use arrows to move and CTRL to shoot."

TW could not be any more newb-friendly than it already is. Most new players will be just as good as 90% of your "vets" about an hour after they start playing.

Comment

Working...
                                X