Change to Staff Quota

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Change to Staff Quota

Having gotten a number of suggestions about changing or removing quota from staffers, the Deans and Demonic have made a step towards that. Completely removing it at once would likely cause unintended side effects (lazy people not pulling their weight).
    As of now, ZH quota will consist of assisting Newplayers and actively playing in Pub. It will be watched closely to see how this goes over. Quota for other levels of staff may start to follow this trend if we see a positive influence from having staffers in pub more.

Give it some time and let us know if it seems to be helping provide a positive change. We need you, the players, to let us know if stuff is or isn't working (and most of you are pretty good at letting us know what isn't working).

Thanks, and ?message me or email me (shaddowknight@subspace-continuum.com) if you have any concerns or questions.
    Former TW Staff

Originally posted by Shaddowknight View Post
    Having gotten a number of suggestions about changing or removing quota from staffers, the Deans and Demonic have made a step towards that. Completely removing it at once would likely cause unintended side effects (lazy people not pulling their weight).
    As of now, ZH quota will consist of assisting Newplayers and actively playing in Pub. It will be watched closely to see how this goes over. Quota for other levels of staff may start to follow this trend if we see a positive influence from having staffers in pub more.

Give it some time and let us know if it seems to be helping provide a positive change. We need you, the players, to let us know if stuff is or isn't working (and most of you are pretty good at letting us know what isn't working).

Thanks, and ?message me or email me (shaddowknight@subspace-continuum.com) if you have any concerns or questions.
    How about just doing away with quota entirely and actually letting the Deans Of Staff utilize some common sense on who is pulling their weight and who isnt. I was staff for long enough to know that I could put up big quota numbers without actually contributing anything of any substance and there a reason that most twd-op+ don't post similar #s because most of their work is done on projects that don't require quota points and/or being visible to the public. You smods have plenty of resources at your disposal to actually track who is being useful and pulling their weight and who isn't and in the end the decision to keep players on staff or to promote/axe them should be based on the judgement of somebody who is trustworthy and not what kind of numbers they are putting up. On that note you should have a dean easily accessible 24 hours a day 7 days a week...meaning you should have a euro dean who is usually on between time X and Y, and an american/canadian dean that is usually on between A and B. Instead we have had 2 euro deans for as far back as I can remember who are both typically on at the same time and not accessible for 20-22 hours out of every single day. If that means assigning somebody as an "assistant dean" who is actually online at normal hours for us westerners then so be it.

On a side note since I'm in the mood for a personal attack... If this poid faggot has as much free time as he does to create and pursue his make believe witch hunts on my squad just because I am on it because he dislikes me for calling him out when we were both smods, then he obviously is not dedicating nearly as much time as he should be to his actual position (As reflected by the current state of staff) Chew on that you gigantic faggot
    1:wbm> i squint when im angry

Originally posted by mtine
    Yo LF, u'll never get me. Trust me, SUCK MY CUNT U MADAFAKING IDIOT!!! Cum at me bro. God, ur even worse than some fags irl's history. commit suicide since u aren't even worth 5 penises. CAN'T TOUCH DIS!!! Jeez man. ALL UR MOFOS THAT U RULE IN THIS GAME SHUD RLY SEE HOW UGLY U R IRL AND HOW DUMB AS WELL. Oh, 1 last thing: CAN'T TOUCH THIS ASS.

Comment

Originally posted by LF View Post
      How about just doing away with quota entirely and actually letting the Deans Of Staff utilize some common sense on who is pulling their weight and who isnt. I was staff for long enough to know that I could put up big quota numbers without actually contributing anything of any substance and there a reason that most twd-op+ don't post similar #s because most of their work is done on projects that don't require quota points and/or being visible to the public. You smods have plenty of resources at your disposal to actually track who is being useful and pulling their weight and who isn't and in the end the decision to keep players on staff or to promote/axe them should be based on the judgement of somebody who is trustworthy and not what kind of numbers they are putting up. On that note you should have a dean easily accessible 24 hours a day 7 days a week...meaning you should have a euro dean who is usually on between time X and Y, and an american/canadian dean that is usually on between A and B. Instead we have had 2 euro deans for as far back as I can remember who are both typically on at the same time and not accessible for 20-22 hours out of every single day. If that means assigning somebody as an "assistant dean" who is actually online at normal hours for us westerners then so be it.

On a side note since I'm in the mood for a personal attack... If this poid faggot has as much free time as he does to create and pursue his make believe witch hunts on my squad just because I am on it because he dislikes me for calling him out when we were both smods, then he obviously is not dedicating nearly as much time as he should be to his actual position (As reflected by the current state of staff) Chew on that you gigantic faggot
      That's what shadow has said, quota for zh has been removed. They are now made to actually play the game they moderate and their main objective is to support new players by playing as well as helping with commands etc. ER will follow, and then will review mods.

Comment

What's fun is I have absolutely no idea what LF is talking about 'calling him out'. Not that it mattes really.

Oh and I haven't been 'picking on a squad'. I've been enforcing TWD dbl squadding rules and it turns out the biggest offenders at that time were Dice. Shown to TWD Ops by offenders pages we have access to. That had absolutely nothing to do with LF. But believing everything is about him is status quo for LF ...

Comment

ahh you can smell the love in the air!
          Women will never be equal to men until they can walk down the street with a bald head and a beer gut, and still think they are sexy.

Comment

Originally posted by Shaddowknight View Post
            We need you, the players, to let us know if stuff is or isn't working.

stuff isn't working. kill yourselves asap.
            1:Rasaq> i scrub really hard with toilet paper so little pieces of it get stuck to my anus hair and then later on when im watching tv i like to pull them out slowly because it feels pretty good

1:Mutalisk> heard that n1111ga okyo got some DSLs

Paradise> No names but there's actually a black man in the arena right now.

Jones> MAAAAN1111GA UCHIHA

Paradise> NO NAMES. NOT A SINGLE NAME.....but 3/6 of the players on Force are of a certain descent. I will not go any further.

Comment

cres you all over the place tonight

Comment

if I were poid I'd worry less about lf and more about not being a shitty dean. Except he's been a shitty dean since day 1 and its worked out pretty well I hear you poid
                JAMAL> didn't think there was a worse shark than midoent but the_paul takes it

turban> claus is the type of person that would eat shit just so you would have to smell his breath

Originally posted by Ilya;n1135707
                the_paul: the worst guy, needs to go back to school, bad at his job, guido

Comment

miss you tp y u no come and visit like aura

Comment

Working...
                  X