New Pub module: BOUNTIES

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Pub module: BOUNTIES

This is something that players have wanted for a long time, and gives you another hole to throw your pubbux into!
    Type :TW-Pubsystem:!listbty and it will display all active bounties.
    To add a bounty, PM Pubsystem with !addbty playername:amount (for example, :TW-Pubsystem:!addbty Shaddowknight:500)
    500 is the minimum, and 5000 maximum for bounties.
    Bounties stick around when you spec or leave, so you can't escape them!
    Pubbux are removed from your account when you place the bounty, and any number of bounties can be placed on a single person, up to the 5000 maximum.

Thanks to SpookedOne for this, and happy bounty hunting!
    Former TW Staff

I like this....

I don't see it being a problem in anyway, just give others motivation to kill those you don't like.

Also, won't be a problem for noobs, since they most likely won't be a target for bounty, while it can give them a nice $$ bonus if they manage to get lucky..

I think it would be nice to be able to see when the bounty is collected in the chat or in the kill-message box. Otherwise, groovy update.
    "I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery."
    - Thomas Jefferson

sigpic

Comment

I dont think there will be a message about a bounty being claimed (not public anyhow), We don't want pub to be spammed by massive bounty hunting and collecting messages. There is already a cooldown on the message about bounties being placed as well.
      Former TW Staff

Comment

What's the justification behind the lower and upper limits?

Wouldn't it be more fun to let players go at it without restriction and make epic bounty history?

Comment

plz also save all bounties placed and claimed in a database so we could do awesome stuff with it later

Comment

very awesome new pubchange, love it

Originally posted by Rab View Post
            What's the justification behind the lower and upper limits?

Wouldn't it be more fun to let players go at it without restriction and make epic bounty history?
            if you would lower the $500 limit, plz dont make it message the whole pub (green) cause then we would have spam
            would be cool to only message pub when the bounty $ is set like 2K or up
            Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.

Comment

2k is an odd way of thinking about it - as players get richer this number would need changing.

Something like "if you place a bty at the top 1% of all btys.. zone it"

Comment

I'd like to see bty hall of fame one day
                - most bty placed
                - most bty placed on
                - most bty collected
                - most bty collected from

etc

Comment

Originally posted by Rab View Post
                  2k is an odd way of thinking about it - as players get richer this number would need changing.

Something like "if you place a bty at the top 1% of all btys.. zone it"
                  i didnt choose 2k for no reason
                  its the same amount when outcomes of duels are being messaged to the pub

Comment

could message all duels to pub arena tbh, the number of message is limited by the number of simultaneous duels and the duration of each duel

Comment

ofc not noone cares for a duel about $10

Comment

a duel win is a win regardless of the money

the money part of duelling is the betting system - but people don't bet so it doesn't work

the duelling part is rarely about the money, ppl put a token amount down because there's a lower limit

Comment

just tested this a bit..

- arena message IS sent when a bty is placed, but there's no corresponding message for when that bty is claimed... so you go off chasing someone then end up getting nothing because somone else already killed them
                          - it makes u want to wb to survive or to hunt... but the aim of the zone is to go to base...

Comment

Start placing bounties on enemy terrs and baselevis.
                            I think there should be an option to enable/disable claimed bounties, but would prefer it to be in PM instead of arena messages. Perhaps moving the messages of placed bounties in PM too. This would keep down on pub spam, and allow people to also pub as "bounty hunters" without actively encouraging it for everyone.
                            I think the 5000 max limit was arbitrary. I wouldn't want the limit to be too high, cause putting a 1Mil bounty on someone pretty much ensures all of pub stops playing and hunts them. Keeping it lower like this puts a nice incentive for other people to go kill that annoying jav on roof.
                            Former TW Staff

Comment

Originally posted by Shaddowknight View Post
                              putting a 1Mil bounty on someone pretty much ensures all of pub stops playing and hunts them.
                              this would be epic - do it

Comment

Working...
                              X