No announcement yet.

New Pub module: BOUNTIES

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does tking count as far as collecting the bounties?

Comment

Originally posted by Frightful View Post
      Does tking count as far as collecting the bounties?
      I believe with current settings it does. However, that does not excuse intentional teamkilling, and it will be met with a healthy serving of justice by staff.
      Former TW Staff

Comment

Originally posted by Shaddowknight View Post
        I believe with current settings it does. However, that does not excuse intentional teamkilling, and it will be met with a healthy serving of justice by staff.
        ur calves veiny enuff to supply that healthy serving of justice bra?
        Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.

Comment

From a new player perspective this changes seems relatively harmless but I implore everyone to think this through. As we all know, people often exploit things in ways that few would every even consider. Just look at the complexities of tax codes in any country to see how creative people can become when figuring out ways to take advantage a system.

Although there is no direct negative impact to the new player experience this change does open the door to a substantial impact if this new feature is abused. For example; some vets with a TW grudge use high bounties (perhaps even on new players) to effectively disrupt pub 0 during competitive base games.

So while I agree with Rab that having epic high bounties is sexy and the publishing of high bounty stats has a certain seduction; it may be that by the time you consider the limits needed to stop morons from abusing this feature that it loses much of its luster.

I guess we can hope that no one will try to abuse it. And while it seems unlikely that this feature will assist in bringing in new players it certainly may help Pub 0 population. If any of this happens or not aside, just be aware that there exists a potential for abuse and that the stakes right now are very high.
          eph

Comment

That feature is just a neat, small enhancement. With the current restrictions from $500-$5000 I don't think anyone could really abuse it successfully with the goal of ruining a competitive pub basing game. Well, we'll see. If it does, we'll find ways how to change that.

As of now, as Eph said, TKs count too which is crap since if there's a bty on a baselev or baseterr people might actually really tk for the money. I'm trying to get that enhanced so that TKs don't matter with the bty system.

Also Rab, nice ideas. But we need to have certain restrictions. Also, it's just a nice and small feature we don't want nor need to add too much depth to. If it's getting really popular and liked, one could consider enhancing it further. For now, it'll stay as is.

Comment

Originally posted by fiS View Post
              That feature is just a neat, small enhancement. With the current restrictions from $500-$5000 I don't think anyone could really abuse it successfully with the goal of ruining a competitive pub basing game. Well, we'll see. If it does, we'll find ways how to change that.

As of now, as Eph said, TKs count too which is crap since if there's a bty on a baselev or baseterr people might actually really tk for the money. I'm trying to get that enhanced so that TKs don't matter with the bty system.

Also Rab, nice ideas. But we need to have certain restrictions. Also, it's just a nice and small feature we don't want nor need to add too much depth to. If it's getting really popular and liked, one could consider enhancing it further. For now, it'll stay as is.
              Why have a maximum? Doesn't the bounty get fulfilled and therefore erased when the person dies? So what if the whole pub is hunting them, that sounds awesome, I would hope someone does that to me! It's only for one death! If I wanna throw 100k down to see someone blow up, let me!

As for preventing abuse, would be nice to A) allow a person to place only one active bounty at a time and B) only place one every, I dunno, half hour or so. Also would be nice to prevent bounty fulfillment via TK.

Comment

working with such high amounts isnt effective
                if someone would put 100k on my head
                i would just go to the safezone
                tell some friend of me to kill me there
                and we split 50k each..
                with the amounts now its not rly worth the effort
                Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.

Comment

Originally posted by Wazzaaa.nl View Post
                  working with such high amounts isnt effective
                  if someone would put 100k on my head
                  i would just go to the safezone
                  tell some friend of me to kill me there
                  and we split 50k each..
                  with the amounts now its not rly worth the effort
                  Good point.

Comment

its a neat little feature that we dont want pub to be overly focused on
                    Former TW Staff

Comment

Working...
                    X