My idea on preserving the game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My idea on preserving the game

It's no rocket science, all the zones are on it's arse and many have already died. It's time for drastic measures to try and implement all the players who play the same game all into one zone.

so here's the idea.. Create the zone sscu continuum. Have every game setting from each zone into one zone. For example: PublicTW, PublicEG, PublicDSB, PublicHZ, Etc as well as all the other popular arenas from each zone.

This could possibly get other players (including our community) to try other zones.
    Also reset all names under 1k usage and hasn't been online for 3 years. We have names which was created from the 03 master reset which will never be used. People will spend 30 minutes trying to create a name which is taken and then eventually give up.
    Best warbird to ever enter trenchwars

'My idea' LOL This is not a new idea, it has been floating around for at least 2-3 years.

You applied enough original thinking to figure out how to get yourself banned from the game for cheating a few years backs, apply the same amount of effort on figuring out how to make this idea happen. For example, how do you propose to deal with merging various zone staff into a single entity? We all saw how well this worked when 4o was brought into TW staff, it was a cluster fuck. With the current staff structure I see no way to effective merge other zone’s staff without handing all of them huge amounts of zone permissions based only on previous experience. How would you give someone power for PublicEG but limit their power for PublicTW under this staff structure?
    Come one Vys, stop stating the obvious and present real solutions for the challenges that exist for an idea like this.
    eph

Comment

Originally posted by Ephemeral View Post
      'My idea' LOL This is not a new idea, it has been floating around for at least 2-3 years.

You applied enough original thinking to figure out how to get yourself banned from the game for cheating a few years backs, apply the same amount of effort on figuring out how to make this idea happen. For example, how do you propose to deal with merging various zone staff into a single entity? We all saw how well this worked when 4o was brought into TW staff, it was a cluster fuck. With the current staff structure I see no way to effective merge other zone’s staff without handing all of them huge amounts of zone permissions based only on previous experience. How would you give someone power for PublicEG but limit their power for PublicTW under this staff structure?
      Come one Vys, stop stating the obvious and present real solutions for the challenges that exist for an idea like this.
      eph
      Well how come this idea hasn't been implemented? Surely adding the arena settings and ship settings to arena. I don't know how the bot systems would work, maybe twdev can respond to this?
      I cheated over 8 years ago now, in a priv arena with a smod present. But that's another story which is irrelevant to saving this zone, but thanks for reminding me. Maybe this is the reason I don't post ideas on here.
      I see you didn't comment on the name reset ?

We've changed so much stuff to the original gameplay. Like double squadding etc, I really cannot see the issue of a player being on 10 squads with 10 different names in twd. There's no freedom, everything is controlled.

How about advertising this game on stoner websites? In fact which sites do we already advertise on?
      Best warbird to ever enter trenchwars

Comment

I raised the cheating issue because it epitomizes that this is not ‘for the greater good’ kind of thinking. (The fact that even after all these years you are unable to simply acknowledge you fucked up, accept your actions as a mistake, and have a sense of humbleness about it, shows you to be clueless. How does your justification of ‘it was in a private arena’ stand up to the rules today? Does your excuse mean that you don’t agree that it is cheating to pull shit in private arenas?)

Moving on… Taking credit for non-original ideas is also lame. Neither the ‘merge zones’ or the ‘release old names’ are new ideas. If you want to bring them back up then so be it, but don’t take credit for them.

If you truly want support for ideas and see the zone improve, drop the selfishness and understand that a big part of this is ‘selling’ and getting people to ‘buy in’. And frankly, you aren’t the right person to be doing any selling to anyone. Present your ideas privately to others in the zone, think them through and include solutions to the challenges that have to be resolved, then let others present them. <- Do this kind of selfless work if you want to truly help the zone.
        But coming in here, titling a thread as “My ideas”, and telling us that you don’t post ideas because your reputation is trashed is hardly the best approach to get anything sold as a solution.
        eph

Comment

I dont think we advert on any paid sited at the moment. We had an ad banner on 420chan but the player income was very minimal. The reason this hasnt happened is multifold (just loke the towels in our company bathrooms...). First, the SSC would have to agree and dissolve (as they would become effectively outdated and useless). The next issue, as you mentioned, is the bot work. To handle the bot/website stuff from every zone would require a better server unless we each maintaoned our own. Dev would be a mess with different bot structures unless we all maintained our individual stuff, which is suboptimal, as we need to work together. The last issue ive come up with immediately is getting all of our zones to agree on a single staffing system, which means dropping a bunch and retraining for pretty much everyone. The zone rules would also need to ne worked, since TW doesnt allow racism, but others do, meaning some sort of agreement would need tk be made.

Overall I agree it should and can be done, but it is quite a task to accomplish.
          Former TW Staff

Comment

My idea on preserving the game.

Advert it at 4chan. There is the only place where you can find more trolls than tw.
            8:I Hate Cookies> a gota dágua foi quando falei q eu tinha 38 anos e estava apaixonado por uma garota, mas a família dela n deixava agente namorar
            8:I Hate Cookies> aí quando todo mundo me apoiou falando q o amor supera tudo, falei q a garota tinha 12 anos
            8:I Hate Cookies> aí todos mudaram repentinamente de opinião falando q eu era um pedófilo
            8:AnImoL> esses amigos falsos
            8:SCHOPE NORRIS> o amor supera tudo. da até pra esperar a puberdade
            8:I Hate Cookies> sim... fiquei desiludido schope...

Comment

Originally posted by Vys View Post
              It's no rocket science, all the zones are on it's arse and many have already died. It's time for drastic measures to try and implement all the players who play the same game all into one zone.

so here's the idea.. Create the zone sscu continuum. Have every game setting from each zone into one zone. For example: PublicTW, PublicEG, PublicDSB, PublicHZ, Etc as well as all the other popular arenas from each zone.

This could possibly get other players (including our community) to try other zones.
              Also reset all names under 1k usage and hasn't been online for 3 years. We have names which was created from the 03 master reset which will never be used. People will spend 30 minutes trying to create a name which is taken and then eventually give up.
              1) staff can barely manage tw properly. no way in hell will they be able to work with staff from other zones to run a joint zone. it might even cause the entire game to die faster.

2) like ephemeral said...looking at the staff/player relations as of now (putrid as hell), players would not take kindly to faggots of the same caliber as oO.Oo taking over.

3) it might not even be that easy to combine them all. who knows what the process for that is and what sort of coding permissions we would need.

4) i dont feel we are at that stage yet to consider such a bold move.

5) that name thing isnt that big of a deal. you just want to hoard more names probably. r u done.

6) staff is putrid.
              1:Rasaq> i scrub really hard with toilet paper so little pieces of it get stuck to my anus hair and then later on when im watching tv i like to pull them out slowly because it feels pretty good

1:Mutalisk> heard that n1111ga okyo got some DSLs

Paradise> No names but there's actually a black man in the arena right now.

Jones> MAAAAN1111GA UCHIHA

Paradise> NO NAMES. NOT A SINGLE NAME.....but 3/6 of the players on Force are of a certain descent. I will not go any further.

Comment

Unfortunately it already has died. Unfortunately all staff's fault.
                “Imagination is more important than knowledge...”
                -Albert Einstein

- Web / Bots Developer
                -Bots / Systems creator
                -Pub Money creator[/B]

Comment

game sucks so bad
                  7:Warcraft> Why don't white people hit their kids anymore?

Duel Pasta> great
                  Duel Pasta> I spilled juice on my face

Tower> NATIONAL WEED YOUR GARDEN DAY

TWLB Champion Season 12
                  TWLJ Champion Season 11
                  TWLB All-Star Season 10
                  Best undeserved TWL title winner in Trench Wars history

Comment

lol @ vys trying to save trench wars
                    1:megaman89> dont leave me

1:megaman89> great
                    1:megaman89> made my gf emo