1,001st thread about donation money

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1,001st thread about donation money

where is it? whats happening right now with it? i know this keeps getting asked and spammed but there are like NO answers...and when you try to get answers you get (Nyheter <ER>)>We are going to advertise the game ect bring more people in....or (Sheriff)>he is Sn, and pub bucks got reseted, more info in the forums.

i personally didnt donate money, but damn...i think its been over a year now that others did and no matter how many discussions or complaints there are about the money you just get the same re-hashed answer like nyheter's (sn...dunno who that is either way)...or some idiot like sheriff who probably doesnt even know where he is. none of them probably speak english. got nyheter just answering me with a macro staff told him to just PM people if they ask about money, then you got sheriff whos trying to communicate to me through google translate.
    J-B-Inc> i ddi that duel while doing coke of pawner moms ass

8:Riverside> UPDATE FOR WEEK 1:
    8:Riverside> I go 4-60 and we lose 0-6

2:saiyan> [Dec 22 21:22] Rough: yo just came on to tell you, can you go on a real date with a girl (need to be specific here lol) instead of talking to claus on forums about calcs and formulas for a league? Happy holidays btw

http://www.trenchwars.org/donationdetails/

Who's actually in control of the donation money since 24 left?
    New trenchwars website design $ 1530
    lol u serious?!
    Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.

Comment

yeah, that joke of an expenditure was due to 24 not knowing what he was doing and mainly because he was an idiot
      but luckily hes gone now
      The above text is a personal opinion of an individual and is not representative of the statements or opinions of Trench Wars or Trench Wars staff.

SSCJ Distension Owner
      SSCU Trench Wars Developer

Last edited by Shaddowknight; Today at 05:49 AM. Reason: Much racism. So hate. Such ban. Wow.

Comment

The donations are stored in the donations account. They are paying for the zone server, the bot server, the web server, the development server, and will be funding any marketing/advertising/special developments in the future.

Pretty straight-forward. Any other questions?
        ▒█░▄▀ █▀▀█ █░░█ █▀▀▄ █▀▀ ▀▀█▀▀ ░▀░ ▀▄▒▄▀
        ▒█▀▄░ █▄▄▀ █▄▄█ █░░█ █▀▀ ░░█░░ ▀█▀ ░▒█░░
        ▒█░▒█ ▀░▀▀ ▄▄▄█ ▀░░▀ ▀▀▀ ░░▀░░ ▀▀▀ ▄▀▒▀▄

Comment

Yes I have a couple.

How much a month do those servers cost to run.
          What category of the donation money are those costs coming from.
          Can you be more specific than in the future considering the future was supposed to be years ago.
          Is it staffs plan to just eventually spend every dollar to fund the servers while not advertising the game at all?

Talking to quite a few people that aren't playing twl this year, and just from what I hear the game isn't exactly doing that well, I would think at this point staff should make a decision to:

Shut down the game and refund peoples money.
          Use the advertising money to make the game have a chance to survive longer than two years.
          Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

Originally posted by kthx View Post
            How much a month do those servers cost to run.
            Click here -> http://trenchwars.org/donationdetails/
            And then click on one of the red numbers in the 'Money Spent' row. You'll see the expense details.

What category of the donation money are those costs coming from.
            Server payments fall under 'You choose for me.', thankfully. If not we wouldn't have a zone to play in.

Can you be more specific than in the future considering the future was supposed to be years ago.
            I can't speak for years ago because I wasn't involved with staff years go. TWDev is brainstorming ways to spend the money on something that might bring us more players and attention. If you have any ideas, please share them. That goes for everyone.

Is it staffs plan to just eventually spend every dollar to fund the servers while not advertising the game at all?
            No, it's not. We want to spend the money on good ideas. The money has been sitting too long, and the game is coming to an end. We want to dump it into a good idea for promotion/advertising or anything that draws new players.

Talking to quite a few people that aren't playing twl this year, and just from what I hear the game isn't exactly doing that well, I would think at this point staff should make a decision to:
            Shut down the game and refund peoples money.
            Use the advertising money to make the game have a chance to survive longer than two years.
            We're not going to shut the game down.. As for spending the money to give the game a chance to survive - that's the plan.

Comment

^

tl;dr version: nothing will happen
              1:Rasaq> i scrub really hard with toilet paper so little pieces of it get stuck to my anus hair and then later on when im watching tv i like to pull them out slowly because it feels pretty good

1:Mutalisk> heard that n1111ga okyo got some DSLs

Paradise> No names but there's actually a black man in the arena right now.

Jones> MAAAAN1111GA UCHIHA

Paradise> NO NAMES. NOT A SINGLE NAME.....but 3/6 of the players on Force are of a certain descent. I will not go any further.

Comment

Originally posted by Crescent Seal View Post
                ^

tl;dr version: nothing will happen
                Nailed it!
                "Action is the real measure of intelligence. "
                Napoleon Hill

wiibimbo>I'm gonna take u out next week for a beer and pizza at Leonardo's...no homo tho! I prefer big boobs
                Dral>I can get implants

Comment

If you actually read the couple of sentences (really, that's too long to read?) you'll see that we plan on spending the money immediately. Just looking for the best place to spend it. It is not the same old staff, we have new/fresh faces with good intent and good ideas.

Instead of assuming nothing will happen and being negative (unhelpful), have you got any ideas as to where to spend the money?

Comment

Originally posted by KrynetiX View Post
                    If you actually read the couple of sentences (really, that's too long to read?) you'll see that we plan on spending the money immediately. Just looking for the best place to spend it. It is not the same old staff, we have new/fresh faces with good intent and good ideas.

Instead of assuming nothing will happen and being negative (unhelpful), have you got any ideas as to where to spend the money?
                    Fail ^^.
                    Napoleon Hill

wiibimbo>I'm gonna take u out next week for a beer and pizza at Leonardo's...no homo tho! I prefer big boobs
                    Dral>I can get implants

Comment

Originally posted by mtine View Post
                      Fail ^^.
                      Asking the players where they think the money should be spent is a 'fail'? Great logic.

Comment

I think KrynetiX has his mind in the right place as far as this game is concerned.

Kryn doesnt control the donation money to the best of my knowledge. As much as you want him or anyone on staff to take the blame, 24 sat on it for years while duping many people it was going to a good cause. If it pays for server fees at this point thats awesome..it buys the community time to fix its problems. Just dont blame someone who wasnt here for wasting money he couldnt spend at his discretion
                        I'm just a middle-aged, middle-eastern camel herdin' man
                        I got a 2 bedroom cave here in North Afghanistan

Comment

1) any garbage written from staff is honestly too long to read aka useless
                          2) plan on spending money = nothing will happen
                          3) as long as upper staff is the same it won't matter who the new faces hired are
                          4) assuming nothing will happen is a good assumption to make with staff
                          5) there are countless threads addressing where to spend the donation money that got ignored by staff. if you are in charge of this now then i highly recommend you do a little bit of searching and find them because most of those people got sick of receiving 0 feedback about their ideas and have probably quit the game by now. personally i feel that sites such as reddit or maybe a few well known gaming sites would be a great place to start. steam was a good idea but there has been 0 information on the progress of this. this "negativity" you feel from us is fueled by staffs incompetency.

nothing against you. you seem like someone who wants to take initiative and help but im afraid your efforts will be insignificant when compared to upper staffs inability to progress. gl yung1
                          1:Rasaq> i scrub really hard with toilet paper so little pieces of it get stuck to my anus hair and then later on when im watching tv i like to pull them out slowly because it feels pretty good

1:Mutalisk> heard that n1111ga okyo got some DSLs

Paradise> No names but there's actually a black man in the arena right now.

Jones> MAAAAN1111GA UCHIHA

Paradise> NO NAMES. NOT A SINGLE NAME.....but 3/6 of the players on Force are of a certain descent. I will not go any further.

Comment

cant believe this shit is still going on lol.

blow it all on advertising before fucking with the pub settings any more pls.

Comment

Asking the players where they think the money should be spent is a 'fail'? Great logic.
                              Asking players for the 500th time where to spend the money is a fail.
                              Napoleon Hill

Dral>I can get implants

Comment

Working...
                              X