Changes to Lev effective Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changes to Lev effective Today

So seriously, how long until they are changed again? My guess is 5-6 weeks maybe 8 max. What is this the 5-6th change in 12 months?

Who really thought changing levs to level 2 bomb was a good idea? lol. Why not just bring back the levs fis brought to pub: level 3 bomb, rotation increase, speed increase, optional stun... if you wanted to downgrade them.

Downgrading a lev to jav status doesnt really do anything but make the ship really unstable and make it generally not worth playing.

I cant speak for everyone, i know the hardcore basers who hate levs and cry every week on the forums will love it i guess, because it makes levs a non-threatening ship to anything, a slower moving jav basically.

But 15-20 people i can name right off the top of my head will play 50% less, not play lev, probably just idle more in pub. Maybe that will be offset by the basers who will play more im sure... Still.. is it worth it to make the lev so unstable 5-6 changes in 12 months, and do such wild swings two entire levels of bombs in the last change? wow.

I cant say i care, because its obvious how this will end anyway, in 2 months the lev will be back to normal or if some mods who changed it keep it because their ego will be hurt then i guess it will stay this way for a bit longer until theres zero lt's and theres less excitement, sportsmanship (ability to change the game with a powerful ship) or interest in the game relating to the lev changes.

Did I say i didnt care again? ahha, because i really dont, personally, I just dont like the instability frankly. Ive become numb to arguing about the lev do what you will with it. I come on TW to talk with friendly primarily, and lev changes wont affect that.

Originally posted by BooBiesYaY View Post
    Why not just bring back the levs fis brought to pub
    ^This. So many people loved that ship.

Comment

The levi fiS/Demonic made WAS a l2 bomb, but we used a lvz image to give it the gfx of a L3.
      Former TW Staff

Comment

yeah the l3 was nice bring that shit back son I loved doing lt with purple and !superlev and !settile blu_tech
        https://twd.trenchwars.org/showgame/90112596

Retired after i dropped 24 kills and carry the team

wbduel Map Maker Legend

Comment

Originally posted by Shaddowknight View Post
          The levi fiS/Demonic made WAS a l2 bomb, but we used a lvz image to give it the gfx of a L3.
          Yeah, i guess with the stun (fis' settings) it killed more people so it felt stronger but your right its the same direct strength l2. I didnt play them yestarday really I just watched them.

Either way, i really wish mods would pick a settting they want to be permanent because the worst part about all this is they change every 8 weeks and its too unstable. I no longer have any clue what the lev is is designed to be, and its confusing and alienating some people who play the lev or lt.

I dont care what mods do with the lev at this point, just pick something and stick with it. Stop with this BS change every 8 weeks. Either reps are 0 or 4 or 2, or no portal or portal, or rocket or no rocket. Or l2 or l3, cant buy in safe, can buy in safe.

Like my good friend pac said, bring back fis' settings with the stun and effects and leave it at that if you want to downgrade it permanently. To me, this setting feels too much like a strong jav that moves slow.

Just pick something and stick with it and decide once and for all and stop the lev instability.

Also, you know levs are 100% defenseless to weasels. I dont really mind that because the weasel is vulnerable to terrs and cant get in base easily etc.. but a single weasel can now hunt a lev relentlessly and prevent any greening. At least before, the difference was when you could green you could do significant damage. Now, the upside is if you finally can green and get away from weasels which you cant see, you can barely do much damage. Maybe thats the intent, if so, stick with that intent permanently then and stop toying with basers and lt'ers alike every 8 weeks when its decided oh that didnt work lets change it again for the billionth time.

Comment

The removal of level 3 bombs from the lev makes no sense. If you're going to remove the bombs, then the Lev should have greater speed and rotation. Right now it's basically a useless ship. The Weasels I have no opinion on at the moment.

Comment

I like the levis now
              bnty till 10 to tach is nice
              20-10-2013
              Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.

Comment

Yeah the bounty is good. That was a sensible change. But the rest isn't.

Comment

the bty change only works with a LVL 2 bomb, lvl 3 in base would be ridiculous since they can green quickly. LT's were still flying around again today, and still getting over 100bty from killing. The only people who are suffering are those who cant aim and randomly shoot at a wall praying for a kill.

Overall the change feels a lot better, it doesn't stop LT's, but it doesn't impact the base play as much.

Comment

Actually, the attach bounty is really not good for pub. It is causing a huge teamkilling problem, more than the previous levi created by fiS or the old levi. Levis (strong javs) are now dying and greening within 10-15(ish) seconds after death just to reattach and have the cycle start all over again especially since the levis automatically have team greening up to 15.

Lowering attach bounty in such a dramatic fashion only works if you negate the "strong" power of the Levi to make it just another basing ship. In fact, if I recall right, even the levi created by fiS also caused a lot more teamkillings as well because it kept EMPing everyone on the team. Sometimes the EMP would last a lot longer than if they had died and respawned. Overall, this levi is already causing problems with teamkilling issues because of how often they can reattach and cause more damage to the basing games. It's not balanced at all for public use.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Left_Eye View Post
                      Actually, the attach bounty is really not good for pub. It is causing a huge teamkilling problem, more than the previous levi created by fiS or the old levi. Levis (strong javs) are now dying and greening within 10-15(ish) seconds after death just to reattach and have the cycle start all over again especially since the levis automatically have team greening up to 15.

Lowering attach bounty in such a dramatic fashion only works if you negate the "strong" power of the Levi to make it just another basing ship. In fact, if I recall right, even the levi created by fiS also caused a lot more teamkillings as well because it kept EMPing everyone on the team. Sometimes the EMP would last a lot longer than if they had died and respawned. Overall, this levi is already causing problems with teamkilling issues because of how often they can reattach and cause more damage to the basing games. It's not balanced at all for public use.
                      I disagree. It's a good tool for public use. It adds a "nuclear" element so to speak. The reason it's not "balanced" is because you guys screwed it up with these changes. I suppose the old adage / cliche applies: "If something isn't broke, don't fix it."

Comment

First lets improve the look of pub to make it appealable to new players (urgent task!) then after, while alot more new players start to stick to this game, u can keep messing with the lev for weeks Do it ASAP plz- I hate seeing new players leave within 30 seconds.

Hmm regarding the lev and pub, though I've never really played much of it:

1) I feel the old Levs with the super bombs gives the gameplay a wow factor meaning a successful shot would blow up tons of people- and can actually make players say wow 5-7fer. This can be very fun up until the same group of people are dying constantly and gameplay starts to edge the other way to it becoming annoying and ruining the game. To keep as many people happy would be to- somehow make it quite rare for a bomb to penetrate into the flag room or prevent mass deaths happening again within a 5 min period. If possible:

- soon as there is a 3+fer the lev can't fire an l3 bomb for another 5 mins (but can fire l2 bombs in the mean time).

-the lev/ terr can't fly on top of base -add walls- (or somehow cant shoot at the top of base) but can shoot still through the side holes and near the flag room with 1 exception.... The 2 holes the bomb travels through (before hitting the flagroom side) have a doors on it (a brick that appears and disappears). ?if these doors can open and close at dif times making a very small chance of any l3 bombs to go through.

best idea:

-start with l2 bombs and allow l3 bombs as soon as they hit 60 bounty... A message appears to everyone 'fork has achieved 60 bounty in a lev and can shoot l3 bombs! Kill him fast before the mayhem starts! ...60 bounty has gotta be tough to do and then the flagroom players have gotta try and kill it before mayhem happens. This could be very fun as people in the flag room will at least know they gotta be careful from now on and should deploy someone to kill them... when as before people in flag room could die at any time resulting in people raging.

2) remove super weapons: rich people can ruin a good long (and even) match by typing a command and stealing a win without using any skill. Would piss me off if I tried so hard to win a game only to be what it seems like cheated out of a win. Yawn.

3) keep weasel small, keeps people on their toes: them sneaky basterds can fit through the top holes and str8 for the flag... Just when u think u have won- one of them sneaky players prevents the win! Keeps it competitive man.
                        Last edited by Fork; 10-20-2013, 04:01 PM.
                        1:Hece> iv done good A (amphetamine) many times and ppl say u cant get your dick up on it..my dick works on every chemical i have tried so far

Comment

I'm talking about the way the current levi (the new changes) is in pub right this moment. I prefer the old levi, as there was less teamkilling going on (than either of the ones created by fiS or this current one in pub now). I never said the levi should be changed, but I'm simply saying the levi is not balanced currently, and really is causing a lot more teamkillings (to where people are actually being warned for it) as opposed to either of the two levis before it. I think the old levi was pretty balanced and only needs fine tuning so it's not as lethal as people say.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Fork View Post
                            First lets improve the look of pub to make it appealable to new players (urgent task!) then after, while alot more new players start to stick to this game, u can keep messing with the lev for weeks Do it ASAP plz- I hate seeing new players leave within 30 seconds.
                            And remove Left_Eye from TW ASAP. ^^
                            "Action is the real measure of intelligence. "
                            Napoleon Hill

wiibimbo>I'm gonna take u out next week for a beer and pizza at Leonardo's...no homo tho! I prefer big boobs
                            Dral>I can get implants

Comment

Originally posted by Left_Eye View Post
                              I'm talking about the way the current levi (the new changes) is in pub right this moment. I prefer the old levi, as there was less teamkilling going on (than either of the ones created by fiS or this current one in pub now). I never said the levi should be changed, but I'm simply saying the levi is not balanced currently, and really is causing a lot more teamkillings (to where people are actually being warned for it) as opposed to either of the two levis before it. I think the old levi was pretty balanced and only needs fine tuning so it's not as lethal as people say.
                              Yeah I misread Left_Eye's statement. I agree with what he means now.

Comment

Working...
                              X