Quiet Lev changes and other things.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quiet Lev changes and other things.

So recently the brain waves over at Dev have had a series of bad plays starting with some quietly instituted Lev changes they hoped nobody would notice and today some end of the round add-on's which are potential privacy issues. Before I talk about my favorite topic of Lev's, I'll mention the end-of-round scoreboard:

[FLAG] Freq 1 will win in 10 seconds . . .
    - Basing King/Queen : (+$530)
    - Most Veteran Like : (+$265)
    - Flag Savior : (+$265)
    - Best Terrier : (+$265)
    - Most Terrier Kills : (+$265)
    - Most PMs to Staff : (+$26)
    [FLAG] GAME OVER! Freq 1 muscles in a close win after 8:33. Final score: 2-3

The category "Most PMs to Staff" is baffling. Why would this be included? Anytime a ?help call is sent to staff or a player interacts with staff, these are private messages in nature. This should not be broadcasted in any form. When pub has a low population and someone gets reported and warned for breaking the rules, this could serve as a way to alert them to who reported them.

Now onto Leviathan changes. Recently the Lev was-for all intents and purposes-perfected into a much more versatile, balanced platform. Then Dev began quietly instituting changes, and now this well balanced platform has gone back into the pits.

First: Bounty to attach has been changed to 20. This exposes a Lev longer to potential dangers; this makes them more vulnerable; and it cuts their efficiency. Now on the flip side, this could be seen as more of a "challenge", which I'd be willing to entertain, except that it's not quite that clear cut.

Second: When a lev makes a kill while greening, the bounty added for the kill has been reduced. So rather than struggling to make a couple kills to obtain 20 bounty, you now are basically doomed if the spawn area is even slightly active. You need as many as 4 kills now to obtain 20 bounty.

Dev did a great thing by making the Lev more balanced originally. But the old adage goes, "if something isn't broke, don't fix it." Cut out the reduced bounty while greening and turn the bounty to attach back to 15.

Azov

Bring back the original lev...and for god sakes please allow levs to buy reps/rockets and what have you while not attached...dumbest thing ive seen not being able to buy anything except or in safes. Bring back the old weasel while you're at it.
    1:waven> u challenge
    1:waven> if i challenge it looks too scary

Originally posted by MHz
    Hope you contract ebola from your, no doubt cheap, Easter Egg, you fucking shit-jav, pug-faced cunt.

Comment

but then we have the purepub whiners again
      The above text is a personal opinion of an individual and is not representative of the statements or opinions of Trench Wars or Trench Wars staff.

SSCJ Distension Owner
      SSCU Trench Wars Developer

Last edited by Shaddowknight; Today at 05:49 AM. Reason: Much racism. So hate. Such ban. Wow.

Comment

qan added a bunch of "joke" rewards. They are useless and actually random as far as I know.
        Former TW Staff

Comment

Originally posted by Azov View Post
          So recently the brain waves over at Dev have had a series of bad plays starting with some quietly instituted Lev changes they hoped nobody would notice and today some end of the round add-on's which are potential privacy issues. Before I talk about my favorite topic of Lev's, I'll mention the end-of-round scoreboard:

[FLAG] Freq 1 will win in 10 seconds . . .
          - Basing King/Queen : (+$530)
          - Most Veteran Like : (+$265)
          - Flag Savior : (+$265)
          - Best Terrier : (+$265)
          - Most Terrier Kills : (+$265)
          - Most PMs to Staff : (+$26)
          [FLAG] GAME OVER! Freq 1 muscles in a close win after 8:33. Final score: 2-3

The category "Most PMs to Staff" is baffling. Why would this be included? Anytime a ?help call is sent to staff or a player interacts with staff, these are private messages in nature. This should not be broadcasted in any form. When pub has a low population and someone gets reported and warned for breaking the rules, this could serve as a way to alert them to who reported them.

Now onto Leviathan changes. Recently the Lev was-for all intents and purposes-perfected into a much more versatile, balanced platform. Then Dev began quietly instituting changes, and now this well balanced platform has gone back into the pits.

First: Bounty to attach has been changed to 20. This exposes a Lev longer to potential dangers; this makes them more vulnerable; and it cuts their efficiency. Now on the flip side, this could be seen as more of a "challenge", which I'd be willing to entertain, except that it's not quite that clear cut.

Second: When a lev makes a kill while greening, the bounty added for the kill has been reduced. So rather than struggling to make a couple kills to obtain 20 bounty, you now are basically doomed if the spawn area is even slightly active. You need as many as 4 kills now to obtain 20 bounty.

Dev did a great thing by making the Lev more balanced originally. But the old adage goes, "if something isn't broke, don't fix it." Cut out the reduced bounty while greening and turn the bounty to attach back to 15.

Azov

The entire lev design now is just nonsense. I mean, there's positives and negatives though. Basing HAS ticked up a bit, ill be the first to acknowledge it, but not a huge amount either.

Anti's range is out of hand, and there's no real defense for anti on a turret. But anti range is so ridiculous that it registers even out of radar. Nothing new here though.

The new 200 bounty is like 700 under the old lev. Is the bounty increase less due to a quiet 'nerf'? I didn't notice it but if you say so then I guess so.

Pub bucks awarded to levs for streaks is ridiculous. I think if you hit 200 bty on a terr, your given a combined $100 maybe which is NOT aligned at all with common sense. I think the streaks should be lowered to 8 kills, and the money given for streaks should be increased at least 500% probably.

I'm not an advocate of the new lev but I can accept it if that's what the leadership want I just don't like instability and tweaking the lev every several weeks. The lev is "okay" I guess for a versatile basing ship now, but its not efficient as a LT. LT's are pretty much dead for the most part since the upside is maybe 20-25 kills on average, and that equals $300 bucks or so for all your effort, so out of whack imo.

Oh yeah and don't broadcast who is making help calls as should be public policy.

Comment

Working...
          X