DYNAMIC LINK -> Between TWL and TWD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DYNAMIC LINK -> Between TWL and TWD

Could put this in TWL league forums, but no one reads that. Presented it to head of TWL/TWD, but instead of entertaining concept, just brushes it off. You guys need new heads of league and forward thinking head of staff if you wish to save this zone. Only person who cares about anything is Little Slick.

Anyways:

TWL looming around the corner, and people seem to fiend awareness when it comes to roster cuts, which if competitive players were made aware well ahead of time of their removal from league roster - would create their own squad or join an existing.

I propose:

Create a link between TWL and TWD rosters, which presents as a visual emblem on TWD roster by players name communicating to the viewer whether that player has been selected for TWL roster or not.
    If your squad qualifies top 8/10 ( whatever the entrance qualifications may be ) on any given league, it will allow the captain(s) to adjust accordingly.

For example, if current league rules dictate only top 8 squads qualify for TWL in that league, and your squad only qualifies for 1, then captain for aforementioned squad is only given 15 TWL slots which he can then edit accordingly through TWD website.

Of course there would be an algorithm or manual input by league ops, to account for qualifying squads from previous season(s).

So, if you are top 8 in all 3 leagues, you are then given a 25 roster MAX, if you drop to 9 in 1 league, it goes down to 20 and the captain is alerted so he can make the appropriate changes.

IN THEORY WHAT DOES THIS DO:
    Enables competitive players to make decisions as to whether they wish to be on the squad and bench the TWL season for fun, or compete in league.

Reckful's answer: No one cares.

My answer: Something is better than nothing, and that kind of attitude is why this game is dying.
    People log on this game for community, and competitive replayability.
    Why do we have people in power that refuse give a shit, or perhaps the only reason they are in power is because logging on Trench Wars is the only authoritative stance they have in their personal lives.

Like the ?go base idea in pub. It works in many zones, and worked for many years. NO ONE IS IN GO BASE, EVER.

Bring go base to pub, like Hockey Zone successfully did. It's not an easy task, but simply saying it cannot be done, is the difference between winner and losers, so far staff has proven to be a bunch of losers.
    1:Jerome> ON THE THIRD DAY GOD CREATED THE REMINGTON BOLT ACTION .33, AND SAW THAT IT WAS GOOD, AND ON THE FOURTH DAY HE USED IT TO KILL DINOSAURS AND HOMOSEXUALS

Juice

I like the idea of giving players a way to know who is going to be on a twl roster. You did hit it right in that players will have a hard time tossing a squad together with the leftovers that arent getting on their own squad's twl rosters.

Honestly, this should be done if we want to have any chance of actaully having 8 squads for any division that's not just a bunch of people tosses to the curb by other squads. Give them the info that they need to start this now, and can get their act together, instead of being doomed to a twl speedbump for the existing squads.

I 100% support the idea.

As for bringing base into pub, I don't see the point. If anything, make two pubs, one like we have currently, and the other is essentially ?go base, but without a team size limit. In the second pub, shiplimits would change with player numbers (players in a certain ship are "grandfathered" in an instance of player size dropping and changing shiplimits).
    Former TW Staff

Comment

you know as well as everyone else apt, that random didn't make the twl cut guy isn't going to make a squad, won't be able to recruit players, and won't be able to keep a squad together and running. It takes a special kind of person to be able to do it and everyone on this game who is in twd is already 1. part of a group of people and 2. has already been designated by said group as to what kind of player he is. There are captains and players, you can't expect players to randomly become captains.
      Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

Theres just too much segregation. Basers hate duelers, duelers hate basers. Good javs play with good javs, bad basers play with bad basers and so on. Of course their are exceptions, such as people that could be starters in more than 1 league but the majority of players do not/will not stray from their comfort zone, so everybody just stacks based on whatever ship they feel they are best at. Why can't you people keep an "old squad chat" and split up amongst a bunch of squads and play against each other? You can all tell each other how easy the other person is, exchange LOLs and link each other pictures of your dicks (Hi Hulk) while assuring this isn't going to be a 3 week long TWL terrible twl season. Really not a hard solution, just need people to stop bandwagoning.

And apt... the league operator doesn't care because the league operator doesn't play any leagues. I've been saying for a long time that the current smod selection was piss poor at best, eventually I will be proven right (again) and punished for it.

tl;dr version: Think outside the box and play with new people. And nice idea about the twd/twl cohesion +1
        1:wbm> i squint when im angry

Originally posted by mtine
        Yo LF, u'll never get me. Trust me, SUCK MY CUNT U MADAFAKING IDIOT!!! Cum at me bro. God, ur even worse than some fags irl's history. commit suicide since u aren't even worth 5 penises. CAN'T TOUCH DIS!!! Jeez man. ALL UR MOFOS THAT U RULE IN THIS GAME SHUD RLY SEE HOW UGLY U R IRL AND HOW DUMB AS WELL. Oh, 1 last thing: CAN'T TOUCH THIS ASS.

Comment

where am i
          1:Cape> is infrared the thing that microwave does?
          Cape> i thought it was like u inferred
          1:Cape> yo when u look up at the night sky and see billions of night stars
          1:Cape> im like fuk it let this shit end

Tsunami> LOl
          beam> stfu tsunami
          Tsunami> yo this girl is dead up snoring
          beam> ur blacker than tarcoal
          Tsunami> should end her life while she sleeps

Comment

I suppose this is a nice idea in theory, but tbh most people don't know who they will definitely want for their twl roster until the last day or 2 to lock it down. If you were asking twd captains to lock in their 'twl likelies' on their rosters right now you would have people rage quitting the squads and create a lot of animosity, let alone if you add someone to twl roster who will hop a few days before twl starts and the person you had on your roster who was going to replace them has already left as they hadn't been added to your 'twl likelies' list.

I'm all for letting this happen if people actually think it's a big benefit as opposed to a nice gimmick but I can't really see it doing much positive. Plus any nice captain would inform players if they didn't really intend on letting them play twl in advance of twl as I do with my guys
            TWL-J Season 11 Champion
            TWL-J Season 21 Champion
            TWL-B Season 21 Champion
            TWL-B Season 22 Finalist
            TWDT-D 2017 Champion
            TWDT-J 2017 Champion

Comment

I agree, there definitely needs to be a way to start dispering players from these squads hoarding players. A prime example of this is the TWBD ladder. We are talking 35+ man rosters with squads who play at most 2 leagues. We need to implement caps for TWD NOW that correlate with TWL.
              1:waven> u challenge
              1:waven> if i challenge it looks too scary

Originally posted by MHz
              Hope you contract ebola from your, no doubt cheap, Easter Egg, you fucking shit-jav, pug-faced cunt.

Comment

No input. All I do is Pub.

Pub is where the action and the life is at. Pub is the ark of our salvation.
                "I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery."
                - Thomas Jefferson

sigpic

Comment

If a basing squad were to start forming now, I would be interested. Unicorns! is a fine squad, but I wouldn't mind joining one that is more focused on basing.
                  Former TW Staff

Comment

Originally posted by LF View Post
                    Theres just too much segregation. Basers hate duelers, duelers hate basers. Good javs play with good javs, bad basers play with bad basers and so on. Of course their are exceptions, such as people that could be starters in more than 1 league but the majority of players do not/will not stray from their comfort zone, so everybody just stacks based on whatever ship they feel they are best at. Why can't you people keep an "old squad chat" and split up amongst a bunch of squads and play against each other? You can all tell each other how easy the other person is, exchange LOLs and link each other pictures of your dicks (Hi Hulk) while assuring this isn't going to be a 3 week long TWL terrible twl season. Really not a hard solution, just need people to stop bandwagoning.

And apt... the league operator doesn't care because the league operator doesn't play any leagues. I've been saying for a long time that the current smod selection was piss poor at best, eventually I will be proven right (again) and punished for it.

tl;dr version: Think outside the box and play with new people. And nice idea about the twd/twl cohesion +1

If you really disagree with me running all leagues LF by all means Ill drop all my attempts to orginize things this season and fix prior issues and restore some faith in staff with TWL. But to be quite honest if all your gonna do is continue to talk shit and be useless (which you will cause noone will rehire your ego to staff) leave the game and never return because you dont help solve anything. The final decision on this is still dsbs as its his league since he is the Head of TWD but im strongly against it as i dont think it will fix the problem anyways.
                    5:LF> no the worst texts ever are having to explain to your gf why "megaman89" is demanding that I be somewhere at 3PM on a sunday

5:fiS> you're lying, my mom doesnt even know how to poke

pinkSTAR has been released from the kitchen long enough to serve you ?go elame3 -Reckful
                    1:Cig <er>> ROFL
                    1:fiS> LOL
                    1:MAGI KOZ> hey population just spiked in here</er>

Comment

The league isn't dsbs, the league is the zones league, the players league. Its that kind of thinking that turns players into people who can't see anything good happening.
                      Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

Originally posted by kthx View Post
                        The league isn't dsbs, the league is the zones league, the players league. Its that kind of thinking that turns players into people who can't see anything good happening.
                        The league is run by dsb hence a major decision for it will go through him to be made.
                        5:LF> no the worst texts ever are having to explain to your gf why "megaman89" is demanding that I be somewhere at 3PM on a sunday

5:fiS> you're lying, my mom doesnt even know how to poke

pinkSTAR has been released from the kitchen long enough to serve you ?go elame3 -Reckful
                        1:Cig <er>> ROFL
                        1:fiS> LOL
                        1:MAGI KOZ> hey population just spiked in here</er>

Comment

So far I see zero league staff taking any initiative.
                          1:Jerome> ON THE THIRD DAY GOD CREATED THE REMINGTON BOLT ACTION .33, AND SAW THAT IT WAS GOOD, AND ON THE FOURTH DAY HE USED IT TO KILL DINOSAURS AND HOMOSEXUALS

Juice

Comment

I can't speak for my Head of Leagues nor Head of TWD, but we will discuss these plans this weekend. However, we're way too close to the starting date of TWL now, so I doubt we can still make it happen this year. It's something that can be discussed and worked out when we're working towards qualifying for the next TWL season though.
                            Retired SSCU Trenchwars Head Sysop

1:24> they'd rather add afks than me
                            24 is in for Freq 1 as a Warbird.
                            1:M_M God> gg

help: (renzi) (Public 33): is it possible for a washing machine to cause a wireless connection to lag?

Candy King, -C4L-

Comment

this starts make sense good one apt. +1

Comment

Working...
                              X