TW Council - UPDATED w/ structure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heh,

these current applicants are looking absolutely stunning, truly a great mix of different kind of players and personalities. I'm hoping to see their transcendent knowledge and leadership to save this zone from its inevitable doom. They will surely give us an astonishing performance as the first elected Trench Wars Council.

Comment

• I nominate myself to be on this council as a non-staff, because I'm not staff. So stop asking. Thanks.

Comment

• The Candidate thread has been updated.

We now are guaranteed a full Council
        (+1 extra candidate who will not make it on Council). In other words, this light-duty position that could have a heavy impact on the zone will in fact be available. Thread here: http://forums.trenchwars.org/showthread.php?44424

To encourage more candidates to run, I've also opened up nominations for candidates. If you think someone should be on Council, but for whatever reason they're not running, feel free to nominate them. Multiple people can nominate the same person. Ideally you should give a quick few lines about why they'd be a good choice. They can then accept or reject the nomination (I'll talk to them in-game to see if they accept). Please don't nominate a huge list of players at once; every additional nomination will water down the others. Keep this in mind when choosing who you wish to nominate, if anyone.

I'm also happy to work with anyone without forum access or who has reservations about posting themselves to place a candidate post.

Last but not least, I'll be creating a way to sign up as a candidate via bot, all designed to make the process a little more accessible and palatable to those who have reservations about using TW Forums.
        "You're a gentleman," they used to say to him. "You shouldn't have gone murdering people with a hatchet; that's no occupation for a gentleman."
        -Dostoevsky's Crime and Punishment

Comment

• Qan,
          Please remove me from the candidate list, I am no longer interested in being part of a council. I have lost faith that the council has any chance of improving TW.

Only in the last week have I been made aware that of the gap between those that control TW and those that control the billing server. It appears that there exists not only a lack of any influence but complete breakdown in any communications. For whatever reason(s) this important aspect of being able to control the future of TW is broken. Perhaps Demonic, M_M or beasty can speak to the reasons; it could be that this is simply a political thing, it could be that the Billing sys ops are ‘old school’ players from zones that really don’t give a shit/resent about TW, it could be things that I have no knowledge about.

But what does it matter? Bottom line is that the council is even further removed then I thought from being able to improve the zone in substantial ways.
          eph

Comment

• nothing new here eph.

im voting for pee pee sock now.
            1:Rasaq> i scrub really hard with toilet paper so little pieces of it get stuck to my anus hair and then later on when im watching tv i like to pull them out slowly because it feels pretty good

1:Mutalisk> heard that n1111ga okyo got some DSLs

Paradise> No names but there's actually a black man in the arena right now.

Jones> MAAAAN1111GA UCHIHA

Paradise> NO NAMES. NOT A SINGLE NAME.....but 3/6 of the players on Force are of a certain descent. I will not go any further.

Comment

• speaking of people resenting anything tw related: try going into svs zone and say tw is great and you'll get bombarded with angry messages from 30+ year old dudes.

anyway, there was some rumour going on that the continuum client on trenchwars.org didn't include all zones when you downloaded it. that is probably something that needs to be fixed asap too.
              TWDTJ & TWDTB FINALIST 2019

Comment

• Originally posted by Crescent Seal View Post
                nothing new here eph.

im voting for pee pee sock now.
                Cres... Quit shitting on Qan man. He's doing his fucking best. It isn't his fault that fucking faggot pee pee sock applied. I will however say that if pee pee sock gets elected to this thing because of you fucking people giving bullshit to the wrong people, GOOD people like Qan... and ruining his hard work by adding faggots like that...

I'll quit this game again, and for good. So you can say goodbye to me too. Qan already said he'd quit if this fails, and I'm quitting if you morons ruin it for him on purpose. I swear to God, the ignorance is so widespread, the lack of appreciation for ANYTHING qan has been trying to do... it's fucking sickening.

You guys all wanna know why this game is dying? Seriously? You blame staff, but at least they try something. I used to blame staff too, until I look at all the stupid fucks in this thread who have egos the size of fucking texas but balls the size of rhode island.

YOU GUYS are the reason this game is dying. The players that mock everything and ruin it with stupid fucking cynicism. Grow a fucking pair of nuts and do something yourself if you think you can do better.

And Eph... I lost all respect for you now. All of it. Fucking quitters, whiners, babies. All of you. The only excuses I've heard from you people are that "THERE ARE NO GOOD CANDIDATES" *whine, cry, moan like a bitch* EDIT: Okay, I was a bit harsh Eph... I just don't wanna see you quit the council. You bring legitimacy to it and that is needed. Not many great candidates applied yet, and you are one of the few. I won't edit what I wrote, even if it was just me being a bit angry at everything (kinda like you were angry too, same deal), but still... hope you reconsider.

Why are there no good candidates? "KTHX WON'T JOIN AKFJSAFA" "PH WONT JOIN AIFJDALFJDA"

Why won't Kthx and PH join? "DEMONIC IS SO MEAN" *whine, cry, moan like a bitch*

I can't stand people with no respect. The only person you've been hurting is qan here, and he's one of the good guys. You aren't hurting demonic at all, and you certainly aren't helping this zone whatsoever. I hope when this thing fails, PriitK decides to shut the fucking server down for good.

And qan: I'm sorry that Trenchwars is full of so many disrespectful faggots with brains the size of their microscopic nutsacks. I respect what you've been trying to do, and I'm apologize I can't do anything to make it better.
                Last edited by Exalt; 02-12-2014, 01:01 AM.
                RaCka> imagine standing out as a retard on subspace
                RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

• I agree largely with what you're saying exalt....but this is all mighty fine coming from you who has only just returned from like 4 years away from the game? Where was your commitment? Also god forbid if pee pee sock is actually being considered by anyone realistically.
                  TWL-J Season 11 Champion
                  TWL-J Season 21 Champion
                  TWL-B Season 21 Champion
                  TWL-B Season 22 Finalist
                  TWDT-D 2017 Champion
                  TWDT-J 2017 Champion

Comment

• Originally posted by Ricko View Post
                    I agree largely with what you're saying exalt....but this is all mighty fine coming from you who has only just returned from like 4 years away from the game? Where was your commitment? Also god forbid if pee pee sock is actually being considered by anyone realistically.
                    I quit for like 4 years, true... but so what? Where has Kthx/PH been in the last 5 years? Before I quit, Kthx and PH were long gone and just logged in to forums. I'm back now, and that's all that matters. Beyond that, I STILL care about this game even after all this time.

Either way, I find it highly disrespectful for people to mock this entire thing due to Demonic, when the ONLY person this is hurting is qan. Qan is one of the VERY FEW good staff members this game has (I think you are among them Ricko), and he clearly stated he was going to quit if this thing fails due to the players being disrespectful faggots. If Qan quits, who is going to replace him on staff? Do people think staff members with skills like his just fall out of the sky? Do they think even if they can find people with his skill set, that they will give 1/10th of the dedication that Qan gives on the daily?

Once he gets pushed into quitting by moronic players with no respect, this game is another giant leap towards it's grave. That's just a simple fact, so I mine as well quit for good again after that. You won't find anyone like Qan again. Not anymore.
                    RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

• Originally posted by Ephemeral View Post
                      Qan,
                      Please remove me from the candidate list, I am no longer interested in being part of a council. I have lost faith that the council has any chance of improving TW.

Only in the last week have I been made aware that of the gap between those that control TW and those that control the billing server. It appears that there exists not only a lack of any influence but complete breakdown in any communications. For whatever reason(s) this important aspect of being able to control the future of TW is broken. Perhaps Demonic, M_M or beasty can speak to the reasons; it could be that this is simply a political thing, it could be that the Billing sys ops are ‘old school’ players from zones that really don’t give a shit/resent about TW, it could be things that I have no knowledge about.

But what does it matter? Bottom line is that the council is even further removed then I thought from being able to improve the zone in substantial ways.
                      eph
                      Not an easy answer, most of this is second hand so is likely to be close to the truth but not necessarily exact.

Along time ago, PL managed to piss of the entire SSC and basically had his BanG completely removed (won't say anymore as it really does become heresay after that). This alienated TW from the SSC op's at the time (approx. 3/4 years ago). Since then Space was removed/quit (dunno which) from sysop by PL and was promptly then promoted to netop by SSC. Spacehiker remains the only netop who actually plays TW, mom does occasionaly but mostly is in EG. Space is limited by time constraints, as he allured to quite recently which leaves us with 1. I believe Polix/MiketheNose etc still hold netop (maybe ratio) but no longer play. Since the incident TW has never been considered for netop to my knowledge, or have had the subject broached. Hell we don't even have anyone on the subspace council.

Anyways not a lot of answers in there, but as I said I want to avoid heresay if possible and if I am honest I believe Kthx actually know's more of this situation then I do, as I vaguely remember him being staff at the time and doing some investigation style work into it, thinking PL was about to get screwed over/banned what have you.

Comment

• Originally posted by Demonic View Post
                        Not an easy answer, most of this is second hand so is likely to be close to the truth but not necessarily exact.

Along time ago, PL managed to piss of the entire SSC and basically had his BanG completely removed (won't say anymore as it really does become heresay after that). This alienated TW from the SSC op's at the time (approx. 3/4 years ago). Since then Space was removed/quit (dunno which) from sysop by PL and was promptly then promoted to netop by SSC. Spacehiker remains the only netop who actually plays TW, mom does occasionaly but mostly is in EG. Space is limited by time constraints, as he allured to quite recently which leaves us with 1. I believe Polix/MiketheNose etc still hold netop (maybe ratio) but no longer play. Since the incident TW has never been considered for netop to my knowledge, or have had the subject broached. Hell we don't even have anyone on the subspace council.

Anyways not a lot of answers in there, but as I said I want to avoid heresay if possible and if I am honest I believe Kthx actually know's more of this situation then I do, as I vaguely remember him being staff at the time and doing some investigation style work into it, thinking PL was about to get screwed over/banned what have you.
                        So basically, Trenchwars (being the only viable zone left in a dying game) has no SSC ops due to the old SSC ops being useless fucks with grudges? So they will never promote someone from Trenchwars, even when Trenchwars will be the last zone left? That makes a hell of a lot of sense. Useless staff holding grudges on a sinking ship. Sounds familiar. That's the entire history of subspace staff right there, from every zone.

Could they be any more pathetic at this point? Who holds a grudge for 4 years even after their zones have died out? EG maybe has 40 people on tops at peak time. What the fuck is the point of an SSC op being an op of a zone that nobody plays?
                        RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

• Umm, pretty sure while you were gone some of us did tons of shit. Also yeah basically PL got fucked over by SSC around the same time as the TWBR and FieryFire debacle. Go back and read four years worth of forum threads and posts and see what happened during that time before you want to point fingers at those of us who won't join the signup for the council. We all have our reasons.
                          Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

• Originally posted by kthx View Post
                            Umm, pretty sure while you were gone some of us did tons of shit. Also yeah basically PL got fucked over by SSC around the same time as the TWBR and FieryFire debacle. Go back and read four years worth of forum threads and posts and see what happened during that time before you want to point fingers at those of us who won't join the signup for the council. We all have our reasons.
                            Ok well.....

Kthx... Demonic... Rest of you... think we just had the best/most productive chat in TW that I've seen in 10 years. Not kidding. For those of you that didn't see it, you missed out. Was legit.

All I'm gonna say is... For those that did see it... that's what this council could be. We all bounced ideas off each other, brainstormed, gave problems/solutions, ways to help the game, better it, make it more fun, etc, etc, etc. It actually distracted me from real life shit for hours. I didn't even wanna log off to end it.

All I'm saying is... forget the voting for a second. The council could be a great way to brainstorm and find new ideas to make things better. Afterword? Yeah, have a vote and do our best to implement it. It CAN work. Kthx and Demonic, you both even discussed things rationally together and came up with some great ideas together. This stuff worked. The proof was in the chat. Wish I had logged it actually.

So... I hope some people saw it and see what it COULD become. I know a lot of good staff members joined in and added to the conversation as well. It was worth my time having that conversation too. Unlike forums, where these things tend to get ignored, or they take too long to get processed, it all happened in real time and was productive.

So... I hope everyone can collectively look at this thing and take it seriously. And Kthx.. I hope you apply man. You know I want you on the council.
                            RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

• Its the same shit ive been saying for years, you don't need me on the council to do it.
                              Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

• Originally posted by Exalt View Post
                                Why are there no good candidates? "KTHX WON'T JOIN AKFJSAFA" "PH WONT JOIN AIFJDALFJDA"

Why won't Kthx and PH join? "DEMONIC IS SO MEAN" *whine, cry, moan like a bitch*
                                i'm pretty sure i clearly stated that my main issue is the lack of time i have to put into this council business, but i do feel that what little time i do have would be better spent elsewhere because i still have no confidence in this setup, and that's actually primarily due to a point that ephemeral, for whatever reason, outlined as a positive. in this scenario, i don't like the fact that the sysops unfailingly echo each other's sentiments, sometimes seemingly without much (or any) thought. i would prefer to see some occasional healthy disagreement among the higher-ups instead of a weak stream of "me toos" every time one speaks up. and even if the sysops learn to start disagreeing, considering that one future staff-side council member is currently under heavy fire for acting more like a mall cop than a league op, i know i'm not alone in knowing that he especially will mindlessly follow the votes of those higher than him in the zone food chain so as to protect his fragile position of internet authority, thereby costing the council its integrity right out of the gate.

besides, kthx has pretty much said all that's needed to be said about this entire ordeal. this council wouldn't even be necessary if those in charge hadn't spent the last several years actively shooting down decent ideas in favor of strokes of genius like using donation money to sign zenabee up for cam sites and send her a subspace poster to hang up behind her for advertisement purposes.

again, best of luck, but no thanks to those calling for me to apply, and don't bother nominating me after the fact.
                                Originally posted by Tone
                                It is now time for the energy shift of the 7th root race to manifest on the 3D physical plane and uplift us back to 5D.
                                Originally posted by the_paul
                                Gargle battery acid fuckface
                                Originally posted by Material Girl
                                I tried downloading a soundcard

Comment

Working...
                                X