2dragons: When will Subspace End?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2dragons: When will Subspace End?

I'd like to share this note from 2dragons, from February 2001 - almost exactly 13 years ago:
    When will Subspace End?
    2dragons | Tuesday, February 20, 2001
    How long will Subspace last? This is a simple question with a hard answer. If time is taken to recognize what Subspace is it can be seen that it is a uniquely awesome game. Subspace, designed for ease of use, limited requirements, and great replay value is one of a kind. Yet, is this superb game behind in time? Subspace is a two-dimensional game, it lacks a sequel (which it doesn’t need), and was ditched and forgotten by its creators.

Personally, I’d like to see Subspace never end, hopefully that will be the case. With the current players and their support it should last forever. When however will the game of Subspace be out of style? Will it fade out when everyone has virtual reality in their home? My bet is that Subspace never dies… I figure though that the Subspace community will not grow proportionally to the human population and will slowly fade into an obscure game.
    So, 13 years later ...what's up? I think he was correct in saying that "Subspace will never die.".. I have always shared this sentiment, and 13 years later can attest that Subspace is not dead and is likely never going to 'die'.

I believe we certainly have become the 'obscure game' 2dragons predicted..

Note about the author: 2dragons was/is a highly respected retired "Head of Trench Wars Development". I know many developers that will agree, 2dragons was an amazing leader, although his predecessors and successors were notoriously not-so-amazing - to say the least..
    ▒█░▄▀ █▀▀█ █░░█ █▀▀▄ █▀▀ ▀▀█▀▀ ░▀░ ▀▄▒▄▀
    ▒█▀▄░ █▄▄▀ █▄▄█ █░░█ █▀▀ ░░█░░ ▀█▀ ░▒█░░
    ▒█░▒█ ▀░▀▀ ▄▄▄█ ▀░░▀ ▀▀▀ ░░▀░░ ▀▀▀ ▄▀▒▀▄

Originally posted by KrynetiX View Post
    I'd like to share this note from 2dragons, from February 2001 - almost exactly 13 years ago:

So, 13 years later ...what's up? I think he was correct in saying that "Subspace will never die.".. I have always shared this sentiment, and 13 years later can attest that Subspace is not dead and is likely never going to 'die'.

I believe we certainly have become the 'obscure game' 2dragons predicted..

Note about the author: 2dragons was/is a highly respected retired "Head of Trench Wars Development". I know many developers that will agree, 2dragons was an amazing leader, although his predecessors and successors were notoriously not-so-amazing - to say the least..
    I've certainly never forgotten about 2dragons after all these years. All it does in bringing his name up, and other old players that quit this game long ago is bring a feeling of depression, due to the fact that all the great players and great personalities this game once had are long gone. It makes me sad, because I miss the glory days of subspace quite a bit.

Speaking of old players and great personalities... does anyone have a link to the old pallies videos? It would be nice to watch at least that one skit video they made way back when. I cannot find it on youtube.
    RaCka> imagine standing out as a retard on subspace
    RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

the legacy of !allwarnings 2dragons will forever live on
      Former TW Staff

Comment

Hey Hey, My My, Subspace Continuum can never die.
        "I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery."
        - Thomas Jefferson

sigpic

Comment

Ya 2d was a great contributor to the zone, cared a lot. Fun player to squad with too, skilled player and a team player.

Comment

People have been speculating, claiming, and saying they know beyond a shadow of a doubt that SubSpace will be gone next month, next year, or even tomorrow. However, as the years go on, that never seems to happen and we continue in perpetuity. But could SubSpace die off? Sure. A lot of online games similar to ours have gone and come. But I think as long as we market ourselves, keep new gamers aware of us, and do what we've been doing, we'll be around for quite some time yet.

Comment

I'll be around forever, and I know many like me. Subspace isn't something that can die, it is eternal.
              ▒█░▄▀ █▀▀█ █░░█ █▀▀▄ █▀▀ ▀▀█▀▀ ░▀░ ▀▄▒▄▀
              ▒█▀▄░ █▄▄▀ █▄▄█ █░░█ █▀▀ ░░█░░ ▀█▀ ░▒█░░
              ▒█░▒█ ▀░▀▀ ▄▄▄█ ▀░░▀ ▀▀▀ ░░▀░░ ▀▀▀ ▄▀▒▀▄

Comment

I love you guys.

Comment

Working...
                X