No announcement yet.

Newplayer effort

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Name one thing these staff have tried to do to benefit the game in the long run, nothing they have failed at their jobs they keep banning people for stupid reasons when the zone is dying its just pure pathetic. This game to ment to be played not moderated by a bunch of fuck ups who can't manage to keep population in the zone. The funds page is useless nothing is being done or will be done to save this zone its dead with its current staff.

Demonic has no experience at owning a zone just random no-names with position and authority.
    Last edited by 2pac; 03-20-2014, 01:08 AM.
    https://twd.trenchwars.org/showgame/90112596

Retired after i dropped 24 kills and carry the team

wbduel Map Maker Legend

Comment

Well, but DoCk> and PriitK had all kinds of experience running a zone? Heh.

That said, yeah, DoCk> helped create TWCore, and PriitK created a new usable SS client. Two key steps for TW. Can't be ignored how crucial both of those were, sure.

Overbanning people in this day and age, rather than just saying, "OK, let's try it again" seems kinda silly to me (personally), though. You can always re-ban someone if they continue to misbehave. At a certain point "justice" becomes "sticking to my guns/the rules" and at that point I fail to see much justice at all. The spirit of the law -- the true spirit -- is always more important than the exact letter. Each law/rule was put down by human beings; what is really human, though, is in the spirit of it.

That's heavily open to interpretation/corruption, but that's why you have to be certain that when you enforce the letter of the law, you aren't going against what you, at least, understand to be the spirit...

Lightly coded text...
      "You're a gentleman," they used to say to him. "You shouldn't have gone murdering people with a hatchet; that's no occupation for a gentleman."
      -Dostoevsky's Crime and Punishment

Comment

Dock and Prittk did what they could do and eventually moved on to bigger and better things in terms of being financially stable with family etc... They did what they could but they left these game for dead. Nothing will be ever done unless someone pours huge sums of money to get the licencing and remake the game.

wbduel Map Maker Legend

Comment

[QUOTE=qan;863616]

Overbanning people in this day and age, rather than just saying, "OK, let's try it again" seems kinda silly to me (personally), though. You can always re-ban someone if they continue to misbehave. At a certain point "justice" becomes "sticking to my guns/the rules" and at that point I fail to see much justice at all. The spirit of the law -- the true spirit -- is always more important than the exact letter. Each law/rule was put down by human beings; what is really human, though, is in the spirit of it.
          QUOTE]

I agree. Im all for banning cheaters and banning egregious cheats for a while. But I view a year a ridiculous amount of time. Further, the whole process of disputing netbans appears erroneous. Even if you were to dispute it, it would appear that the same people look at their decision again instead of new people lol.

I think any ban currently over 6 months should be voided, except the worst of the worst. If they cheat again, you lost nothing, reban them.

I was just posting in the other thread, what if your netbanned for an abuse, error or something? And theres no viable appeals. It would also seem theres not much compassion or lenience, especially in a very low population environment. Then, if you dare to log in to try and find someone on another IP, they extend your ban another year LOL.

The whole thing seems asinine after 5-6 months. Enough of this nonsense its just a never ending headache after the first few months. You said it well though.

Comment

the problem is that some cheats are hard to detect, and catching a faggot once and permabanning them is far easier and safer than hoping someone will catch them again every year after

another factor is that people stupid and talentless enough to cheat are faggots like this 2pac guy, and if theyre gone forever, noone will miss them
            The above text is a personal opinion of an individual and is not representative of the statements or opinions of Trench Wars or Trench Wars staff.

SSCJ Distension Owner
            SSCU Trench Wars Developer

Last edited by Shaddowknight; Today at 05:49 AM. Reason: Much racism. So hate. Such ban. Wow.

Comment

Originally posted by roxxkatt View Post
              the problem is that some cheats are hard to detect, and catching a faggot once and permabanning them is far easier and safer than hoping someone will catch them again every year after

another factor is that people stupid and talentless enough to cheat are faggots like this 2pac guy, and if theyre gone forever, noone will miss them
              Please keep trolling 4 postcount your pathetic and so is the zone you own SSC FAIL Distension.

Cheese aka roxnoob just another fuckboy wanting some dick in him
              Last edited by 2pac; 03-20-2014, 07:46 PM.

wbduel Map Maker Legend

Comment

stop letting this ban argument bleed out of the other thread. id rather not have to manhandle posts to put them where they belong

1996 Minnesota State Pooping Champion

Comment

you could ban him from forums as well
                  hes doing his best to show everyone why he deserves to remain banned
                  once a cheater, always a cheater
                  The above text is a personal opinion of an individual and is not representative of the statements or opinions of Trench Wars or Trench Wars staff.

SSCJ Distension Owner
                  SSCU Trench Wars Developer

Last edited by Shaddowknight; Today at 05:49 AM. Reason: Much racism. So hate. Such ban. Wow.

Comment

Originally posted by roxxkatt View Post
                    you could ban him from forums as well
                    hes doing his best to show everyone why he deserves to remain banned
                    once a cheater, always a cheater
                    Ask ur mum's who the cheater is fuckboy get off my dick and dop off staff dick

wbduel Map Maker Legend

Comment

Working...
                    X