Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Demonic View Post
    Heh you should know better
    I do know better, and I do know the exact restrictions in place and why and I'm sorry for taking my gripes into the public forum. However that doesn't change my initial reaction, I still stand by my initial reaction. If the decision was mine to make (Which its not) I would have kept the exact same rules in place but changed the way in which staff approaches racism calls. We have the tools in place to check logs in arenas to monitor intent and context of potential racism, we can still respond to certain keywords and act accordingly based on the CONTEXT of the supposed racism instead of treating every single case as a felony.

tl;dr version: Racism rules should remain in effect, the only thing that needed to change is the way we approach racism calls as staff imo
    1:wbm> i squint when im angry

Originally posted by mtine
    Yo LF, u'll never get me. Trust me, SUCK MY CUNT U MADAFAKING IDIOT!!! Cum at me bro. God, ur even worse than some fags irl's history. commit suicide since u aren't even worth 5 penises. CAN'T TOUCH DIS!!! Jeez man. ALL UR MOFOS THAT U RULE IN THIS GAME SHUD RLY SEE HOW UGLY U R IRL AND HOW DUMB AS WELL. Oh, 1 last thing: CAN'T TOUCH THIS ASS.

Comment

Originally posted by LF View Post
      I do know better, and I do know the exact restrictions in place and why and I'm sorry for taking my gripes into the public forum. However that doesn't change my initial reaction, I still stand by my initial reaction. If the decision was mine to make (Which its not) I would have kept the exact same rules in place but changed the way in which staff approaches racism calls. We have the tools in place to check logs in arenas to monitor intent and context of potential racism, we can still respond to certain keywords and act accordingly based on the CONTEXT of the supposed racism instead of treating every single case as a felony.

tl;dr version: Racism rules should remain in effect, the only thing that needed to change is the way we approach racism calls as staff imo
      lol nothing to apologise for, I would rather you honest then just agree as I am sysop lol (not that you would anyways)

What I would say is what you just described is exactly what the current process is, we ban on context ie. when a player or players have been racially abused, not for stating the word.

Comment

Originally posted by Shaddowknight View Post
        We only deal with "jew" as a slur, when it's exaclt that: a slur. (for example, saying "i got jewed", or "fuck off jew scum"). Saying 'I'm a jew" is fine. It's held in the same manner as "black" in that context is key.
        i got silenced for saying "im a jew" once...which i am...

Comment

Originally posted by renzi View Post
          i got silenced for saying "im a jew" once...which i am...
          precisely what I hope to avoid in the future, as that's just stupid.

Comment

sigh.

it's a great thing there will (finally) be some kind of transparency. we've been asking this for years and i hope you'll continue on this path to give us more information about other things.

admittedly i haven't followed the current trends when it comes to staff member(s) handling calls related to racism, but i doubt things have changed all too much since my departure from staff due to inactivity and some personal reasons. nonetheless, there's one thing that has bothered me for way too long: why are staff member(s) given BanG/BanC powers if they aren't properly trained to handle calls (e.g. racism related ones) and lack common sense? too often we see players unjustly get warned, silenced or banned due to a staff member blindly following the "zone rules" and not even looking at the context. that's the wrong way to handle calls, yet it is rare to see staffers get retrained to prevent them from fucking up again. staff should try to pinpoint these staffers who fail to use their common sense and strip them from their powers if they aren't capable of relearning anything. i'm not entirely sure if staff is capable of making this change, but i'm willing to give you guys the benefit of the doubt and wait and see what happens in the near future.

also, i doubt this rule change will do anything to the zone other than cause a stir for a small while. our current racism rules are fine, all we need is properly trained staff members who are capable of making their own decisions and willing to use some common sense before judging a player. while it has been getting better, there's always room for improvement. what we need is just need a bit more leniency.

just putting my oar in.

Comment

Too much bitching about it from staff members. Are you guys all upset you have less people you can warn/silence/get banned?

Oh, and of course the other staff members don't want transparency!!! We might actually see how bad a job people do! Fuck that!

Originally posted by Turban View Post
              all we need is properly trained staff members who are capable of making their own decisions and willing to use some common sense before judging a player.
              You expect WAAAAAAAAY too much from current staff members if you think this will ever happen.
              Last edited by Exalt; 03-07-2014, 07:06 PM.
              RaCka> imagine standing out as a retard on subspace
              RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

exalt, are you schizophrenic? You either write a post supporting staff and saying we're trying our best in well written english and the next post you go off effing and blinding and saying staff are terrible and incapable and throw in different texts and lots of !!!!
                TWL-J Season 11 Champion
                TWL-J Season 21 Champion
                TWL-B Season 21 Champion
                TWL-B Season 22 Finalist
                TWDT-D 2017 Champion
                TWDT-J 2017 Champion

Comment

racism

Look, I don't feel any need to run around the zone calling people n***ers, so if you want to ban that word I'm okay with that...but what kind of a zone prohibits players logging in with the name "clownpenis.fart?"

No, sir. That is where I draw the line.

Comment

Originally posted by Ricko View Post
                    exalt, are you schizophrenic? You either write a post supporting staff and saying we're trying our best in well written english and the next post you go off effing and blinding and saying staff are terrible and incapable and throw in different texts and lots of !!!!
                    y exalt gonna reply to u with a trilogy

p.s. fuk u shaddow didnt even read ur post....also it was in context all i had to do was add quotation marks on it mudafuka
                    1:Rasaq> i scrub really hard with toilet paper so little pieces of it get stuck to my anus hair and then later on when im watching tv i like to pull them out slowly because it feels pretty good

1:Mutalisk> heard that n1111ga okyo got some DSLs

Paradise> No names but there's actually a black man in the arena right now.

Jones> MAAAAN1111GA UCHIHA

Paradise> NO NAMES. NOT A SINGLE NAME.....but 3/6 of the players on Force are of a certain descent. I will not go any further.

Comment

Demonic,
                      Wish there had been two separate threads and wish the one for being more transparent on ban info was more predominate. As others have mentioned this was something that may people promoted for a long time.
                      One of the greatest ‘upsides’ of this change is that increased communication of banned players give squad captains a better way to understand who they are recruiting. But of course just being more transparent is a very positive thing for the entire zone.
                      On the ‘downside’ it could be that this becomes an added incentive to draw attention to oneself. Some kind of warped logic of being the player on the list ‘who has been banned more than anyone else’ or ‘longest total amount of banned days’.

The racism change is stirring the pot pretty well. Like usual some people are confusing the ethical aspect with the discrimination aspect. The racism policy is about preventing discrimination. Being a racist, or having racist thoughts, is an ethical situation that occurs in a person head. No one can determine is really going on another person’s head; the anti-racism policy does NOT try to do this. Instead it is sets guidelines for a person’s actions, this can be observed and a determination can be made if it meets certain criteria.
                      So the anti-discrimination policy is really a ‘message’ that was being sent to the players about the tone of the zone; certain behaviors were not tolerated. With the easing of this policy what is the message that is now being sent? Respect other players less? Is this really what the zone needs?
                      eph

Comment

To only ban for one word such a this N-word is wrong. Black people are not the only race! If you are to ban for one word then all racist word should follow. You have opened up chaos and should ASHAMED OF YOURSELF. Please unfix your mistake, Admit you are wrong for doing this, and promote a friendly family environment.
                        sigpic

Comment

this will change the face of this game forever!!!

1996 Minnesota State Pooping Champion

Comment

Originally posted by wicket666 View Post
                            To only ban for one word such a this N-word is wrong. Black people are not the only race! If you are to ban for one word then all racist word should follow.
                            Couldn't agree more.
                            Former TW Staff

Comment

My boi pussyeater cant log in Tw now hes been twdding for like 10 years on that name no1 ever cryed about it b4 THX GUYS

Comment

"pussy" is now on obscene.txt, so names with it are no longer allowed. This is a side effect of the new racism rule, as most things are instead added to the obscene.txt (some of which I can't even understand WHY they are on it).
                                Former TW Staff

Comment

Working...
                                X