-PUB INCENTIVE: MONEY RACE!-

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• -PUB INCENTIVE: MONEY RACE!-

So im suggesting every 20-30 mins you play in pub (Without speccing/ leaving game) you get this message (or something similar):
    Tw-pub1> BONUS! Cash race for a chance to win loads of money. Type !start to play. If you don't type !start- u can always play later (ideally it should be stored so when u play another 20-30 minutes... u have the opportunity to play 2 races)

When you type a command like !start... you are warped to the start of the lap and it tells you how much time you have to get as far as you can (See image below).

Soon as your short time is up... you are warped back in pub again and whatever cash area you were last on- you get that money added to your funds. I would suggest that you can see you can win 50k... but u would have to play an extremely good 20-30mins of pub (get loads of kills in flagroom, win a few games, mvp a few times + how long u stay in flagroom= more time allocated)

Advantages:
    1)Something to work/play for (an exciting opportunity to win big)
    2)Even when there isn't many people online- people will stay for these opportunities
    3)Anyone can win good amount of money if they work hard in pub (teaming + killing in flagroom) for more time allocation.
    4)Though some people may feel it will ruin the basing game- it would be taking a player away from game for only 10-50 seconds but worth it if they played 20-30 mins of pure pub :P
    5)Better pub gaming action ?more people may play.
    6) Maybe the top prizes could be increased only during the times when not many people play (for like 5 hours). This will increase activity during these times when players are desperately needed.

Possible problems:

-It maybe hard to get a good time allocation if there are only 3-6 players playing, compared to popular times when there are 30+ people playing. Maybe somehow the time allocated should consider how many people are playing at the time (and give good time allocation for less kills/ less games won when theres less people playing)

-might be harder to get people out of pub to play events/ twd

-People may win good amounts too easy- so initially trial it out with the top prize being 10k... if rarely people are winning this then change this to 50k. (50k because you want to make people try to win this- they won't bother with top prizes being as low as 10k).

Fusha suggested to see an idle timer implemented as well so you can see how long you have been playing. ?Or even a timer ticking down before you receive a money race opportunity.

If too complicated... could even have some free spins on the fruit machine every 20-30 minutes of pub play. (Just incentives for people to play more)
    Last edited by Fork; 03-11-2014, 09:40 AM.
    1:Hece> iv done good A (amphetamine) many times and ppl say u cant get your dick up on it..my dick works on every chemical i have tried so far

Would this keep some players from playing events, etc, due to players playing pub for 40-50 minutes? They would stay in pub the extra 10-20 minutes just to race instead of playing events, etc..

Comment

Yeah i think 1 hour would be too much. A lower time like: 20-30 minutes would be better. I've edited my opening post heh.
      Last edited by Fork; 03-11-2014, 09:00 AM.
      1:Hece> iv done good A (amphetamine) many times and ppl say u cant get your dick up on it..my dick works on every chemical i have tried so far

Comment

Sounds like some kind of bonus level to me which could also be implemented in other ways. Basically a nice idea but the amounts of cash you dream of are a little extreme. Could make this give like 500 max given that this is around the bonus Best Terr/Basing King/etc. get. This zone is luckily not all about buying stuff still. Alternatively some fancy upgrade like Xradar or Antiwarp for any ship or a different bonus depending on ship one single time although this might conflict with the basic idea of TW of all ships staying the same.

Maybe, to make those basing titles in pub mean a little more and not force ppl to abstain from events you could reward some kind of gems or whatever for them and after collecting enough you can play those bonus levels. Could also be a special bonus level for every ship or reward in good old SNES PilotWings style.

But then, since dev is rather busy and this is a more complex task you better come up with a detailed program plan someone would just have to code down and a complete map and stuff and convince people this has to be put in. Otherwise I doubt it will have a chance of being implemented anytime soon, if at all.

Comment

Originally posted by bkgmjo View Post
          Sounds like some kind of bonus level to me which could also be implemented in other ways. Basically a nice idea but the amounts of cash you dream of are a little extreme. Could make this give like 500 max given that this is around the bonus Best Terr/Basing King/etc. get. This zone is luckily not all about buying stuff still. Alternatively some fancy upgrade like Xradar or Antiwarp for any ship or a different bonus depending on ship one single time although this might conflict with the basic idea of TW of all ships staying the same.

Maybe, to make those basing titles in pub mean a little more and not force ppl to abstain from events you could reward some kind of gems or whatever for them and after collecting enough you can play those bonus levels. Could also be a special bonus level for every ship or reward in good old SNES PilotWings style.

But then, since dev is rather busy and this is a more complex task you better come up with a detailed program plan someone would just have to code down and a complete map and stuff and convince people this has to be put in. Otherwise I doubt it will have a chance of being implemented anytime soon, if at all.
          Yeh the chances of winning 10k are quite slim but still people can try. I think the average pay out will be more like $1000 and this is for 20-30min of constant play. Given the fact 20-30mins could include multiple rounds (as many as 9) I think these are fair rewards. Winning 50k would b close to impossible. I think 1-5k wins should b semi hard. Though I doubt this will be implemented anyway... Too much work lol.

Comment

IMO player should have to play XX amount of pub hours each month to qualify to play any events.

I like playing TW hockey. But I also have enough sense to understand that TW is not about hockey, that TW cannot build upon hockey for its future. Additionally it is hard for new players to break into hockey. It only supports 12 players per game so by its very nature is fairly exclusive.
            Staff should understand that this is the exact same case with other events like Distension. We know that we have to limit Distension to prevent it from impacting server performance. We know very few new players play Distension. Every one of these events has the potential to hurt pub when they are held.

Many of these events are predominately supported by ‘older’ players. These are the same players we occasionally need in pub for several reasons. First, the more that Pub is active, with good competitive games occurring the zone stands a much better chance at capturing new players. Second, experienced players in pub helps the newer players improve and become more competitive.

Since apparently it is too much to expect some experienced players to play a bit of pub for the good of the zone, I like ideas that will ‘encourage’ them to give back a bit to the game they espouse they love.

Figure out a way to convert pub bucks into being an indication of ‘contribution’ to the zone. Allow players to build pub bucks (whether it is simply playing pub, working on staff, league helper, or anything else that contributes to the zone in some way) and then use them to access other features of the zone such as events.
            eph

Comment

Don't these kinds of game distract people from pub play, which is the focus of the game? It will be like having Killothon every 30 minutes: a bunch of retards will stop playing in base and go outside to spawn kill people.

Comment

Originally posted by Bukkake Surprise View Post
                Don't these kinds of game distract people from pub play, which is the focus of the game? It will be like having Killothon every 30 minutes: a bunch of retards will stop playing in base and go outside to spawn kill people.
                Well the idea is... the better you play in base the more time you get towards the money race after 30 mins of play. So killing people in spawn won't count. It should go off things like, kills in base/ flag claimed/ terr's killed in flagroom etc. Then this will encourage people to play in base as best as they can for higher chance of a reward after 30 mins of play.

Comment

Better make it after every few games rather than after a set amount of time.

Why do people need a reward to base, though? We've been doing it for years for no reward at all. There are already pub bux. But those were wiped by a fucking idiot.

Comment

Implement this (or something like this) already.
                    sigpic

Comment

But if pub bux are useless, what's the point of winning them?

Comment

Good idea Fork. Test it out and make sure a flawless flight will reach the end in 1 min. How about a special high prize box at the very end that would be very hard to achieve. I'd say keep it to one minute, that way all the players will spawn back to pub and still have 2 min to get the flag. I like the qualify if they are playing pub 30 mins straight idea.

I think it would be important to be able to turn this race option off for players who are in a serious basing game. If people could be credited a race that would even be better. Sometimes pub gets intense and there are long flagging battles. A player who has been playing hard for 30 plus minutes to win a pub flagging game will definitely not want have his freq lose over the race. How about only do the race after a team wins. There is that 3 minute rest period .. maybe then the race could be even longer and more complex. I think doing things like this for short bits in pub could really make it more fun.

I really like ideas like this. Adding layers to pub after flag games end for short bits could really ramp up the drudgery. Play things like killer or zombies or single ship death match with 1 kill you are out , prodem ect.. Make them timed for only 5-15 minutes or so. There could be pub bux bonuses for winners... Coding it well.. is it possible.?? lol .. I know someone would have to set it up and I bet it would be really hard.. or no? I would really like to see pub flip around though.. flagging and LT's does get a bit boring. (Warp Lt's into safes if they have over 100 bnty )I also think it could open up perspectives for new players and show them what other things trench wars has to offer. It's fun to dream.. if it happened it would be sooo cool!
                        TWDT-J CHAMPION POWER 2018
                        TWDT-B CHAMPION POWER 2018
                        TWDT TRIPLE CROWN MEMBER POWER 2018
                        TSL TRIPLE CROWN FINALIST 2018
                        TSLD CHAMPION 2018
                        TSLB CHAMPION 2018

Comment

Working...
                        X