No announcement yet.

Continuum Log Viewer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lol gj on recoding fully functional filter (hence all 3 codes posted) instead of copypasting -_-

What's wrong with IE11 css? Good design works on all current Browsers. FF and chrome are not really the browsers to use for testing multi-browser css.

Way nicer design than mine tho :-P

Comment

you should try viewing the page in an actual current browser, especially not IE
      will look even better

and now for a story

once upon a time, about 10 years ago, i was using ie11 or 10 or some shit and decided to run a speed test.
      ie11 actually outperformed ff6 and chrome2 and was about 20% faster or some shit
      the moral of the story is that was 10 years ago and ff is up to like 21 now and chrome is up to like 16 now
      The above text is a personal opinion of an individual and is not representative of the statements or opinions of Trench Wars or Trench Wars staff.

SSCJ Distension Owner
      SSCU Trench Wars Developer

Last edited by Shaddowknight; Today at 05:49 AM. Reason: Much racism. So hate. Such ban. Wow.

Comment

also your filter was worse because you recalculated the entire log every time someone did something
        The above text is a personal opinion of an individual and is not representative of the statements or opinions of Trench Wars or Trench Wars staff.

SSCJ Distension Owner

Last edited by Shaddowknight; Today at 05:49 AM. Reason: Much racism. So hate. Such ban. Wow.

Comment

got bored and added word filter by popular request
          type a word or phrase into box, hit update, and only lines containing the phrase will be displayed

change is live on the site

in case you forgot:
          http://trenchwars.org/logviewer

Last edited by roxxkatt; 04-25-2014, 09:51 PM.

SSCJ Distension Owner

Comment

perhaps i should start saving logs, missed so many great conversations/quotes because of that fact already. i didn't even do that in staff unless i was hosting leagues or doing twd related work. rip.

Comment

Oh wow, not sure how I missed this. Thanks, Cheese -- just saved me a lot of time now and in the future. Also great for quickly narrowing down material in old logs.

perhaps i should start saving logs, missed so many great conversations/quotes because of that fact already. i didn't even do that in staff unless i was hosting leagues or doing twd related work. rip.
              Never too late to put ?log in your auto. It really doesn't add up to too much in terms of file size over time, and it's eminently worthwhile.

Don't mourn too much for those lost conversations, though... You'd probably find that they're like a parent taking pictures of their kids -- feels nice to have them but in all honesty you'll probably never read back over them as long as you live. And hey! The singularity will be in full swing a few decades from now anyhow. We're already forgetting what it means to be human, valuing interaction over electronic means more than face-to-face contact (ref: 100,000 pictures of a public gathering in which everyone is on their phone). Soon we might only communicate via Facebook games and +1 likes, so that records of such inefficient forms of human contact as conversation will be considered obsolete.
              "You're a gentleman," they used to say to him. "You shouldn't have gone murdering people with a hatchet; that's no occupation for a gentleman."
              -Dostoevsky's Crime and Punishment

Comment

Can't wait.
                sigpic

Comment

Hey Cheese, any possibility you could create an option so that logs retain formatting information that's used to apply color codes and so on? Would make it easy to throw in a log, select only what you want to see (pubchat and teamchat, usually, for meetings), and then copy out the result. It would still be clear in the plaintext copy what appeared where.
                  "You're a gentleman," they used to say to him. "You shouldn't have gone murdering people with a hatchet; that's no occupation for a gentleman."
                  -Dostoevsky's Crime and Punishment

Comment

Could be more elegant, but if you use the code I posted you can save as html.

Edit: Nevermind, can copy the online version to word then save as rtf or whatever you want, too.
                    Last edited by bkgmjo; 06-06-2014, 02:56 AM.

Comment

it would be easy enough to do

i might get around to it eventually if i get bored enough, but its probably too niche

SSCJ Distension Owner

Comment

Originally posted by roxxkatt View Post
                        it would be easy enough to do

i might get around to it eventually if i get bored enough, but its probably too niche
                        It*
                        do.*
                        I*
                        I*
                        it's*
                        niche.*
                        wicket666> frogs can mate withthem selves

wicket666> they are a sexual

Pepe the F> sounds like they turning Japanese

flojo> their ribbited for your pleasure

Comment

i wonder if this dkfett guy ever gets bored of gargling penises all day
                          how embarrassing

SSCJ Distension Owner

Comment

Originally posted by roxxkatt View Post
                            i wonder if this dkfett guy ever gets bored of gargling penises all day
                            how embarrassing
                            you're an arsehole and nobody likes you
                            wicket666> frogs can mate withthem selves

wicket666> they are a sexual

Pepe the F> sounds like they turning Japanese

flojo> their ribbited for your pleasure

Comment

Working...
                            X