No announcement yet.

Open Letter to Demonic and M_M God

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Instead of getting too crazy with fliers, mass advertising, shifting events how about each active player takes it upon themselves to bring in a new player (friend, coworker, someone from another game, etc.). How about some sort of referral reward program? I got into SS through a friend, and a few years ago I got another friend hooked on SS, who as of yesterday still plays.

Next, unban everyone, and I mean everyone. Then start from scratch, reban if violations crop up. Like a business, it's easier to get old customers to return than source brand new ones. Look at loosening rules, especially language. Nobody really cares about preventing N-bombs more then playing in an empty zone. What's so bad about tking? It's physically part of the game -- have players vote via bot command to remove and lock a players out from their frequency instead of banning.

Emphasize the community part of the game more, chat on android was a nice touch (I have yet to try).
    I sleep in a bulletproof coffin made of human bones..

Comment

"Unban people"

No. Never. Fuck them. Unless they were banned for retarded things, like racism. TKers should be permabanned at first offense.

Supposedly the racism rule comes from PriitK's request or something. Is this true? Would he even know what's going on in Continuum now? Would he even care? Anyway, fuck him for handing the game over to incompetent bastards.

The "community" is mostly made up of assholes. Look at how many people tell noobs to press Esc Q when they ask for help.

Why should anyone play the leagues? Everyone's in agreement that the mods cheat and they allow their friends to cheat too. If I ever play this game again (almost 6 months since I last played), I'm gonna make a macro telling everyone not to play the leagues for that reason.

This is yet another suggestion thread full of the same old suggestions that have been made and ignored for years. Unless you change the asshole retarded mods, you cannot save this game. Does the bot still take away your anti if you have it on in spawn? GJ, fucktard Krynetix. The loser got some powers and he immediately had to fuck up the game to show he's important. What a decision maker!

I just ordered 3 Star Wars games from Amazon. I don't need this game. It's gonna die. I have come to accept that. It's unfortunate, cause it was a great game and I would like to play it again, but the corrupt imbeciles who run it are destroying it and they'll continue to do so until there's nothing left. Was that much ballyhooed Council ever made? Did it change anything? I sincerely doubt it. The dream is over, people. Start looking for alternatives to this game. All your suggestions and your Councils aren't going to change anything. As long as you have the same mods, nothing will change. They have to lord it over their e-domain and be mighty cyberspace kings because they amount to nothing in real life. They're incapable of giving up their "power", even if keeping it means the death of this game. People are fucking trash. And this game is finished.

Comment

Rodney,
        I concur, there should always be offerings for both new and existing players. But new players don’t really have a ‘voice’, they don’t visit this forum, they don’t have staffers as friends, many don’t even stay longer than 10 mins so we don’t even get any of their feedback at all. And then of course there is the issue of where pub has now evolved well beyond the simple arena many of us were first introduced to when we started.

But the point of my post was to see where M_M and Demonic stand on these strategic issues. Simply put they are as follows;

1. Is there some point where the zone population is spread too thin and some consolidation is the best solution?
        2. Have we reached that point?
        3. If not, at what point might it be?
        4. What other solutions might lend themselves to limit or prevent the deterioration of once great events and leagues.
        5. Or is the plan to just do nothing and let more and more ‘ideas’ being shot gunned with the outside chance/hope than one of them might save the zone?

Frankly without the zone Deans responding to this I have little hope to the Council will do shit. The Council will be filled with players who think that their role is operational and waste time on ‘ideas’ that have virtually no chance at changing the direction the zone is heading (slow attrition like every other SS zone).

We have thrown ‘ideas’ at the zone for well over 14 years. Many of them very good things. Many of them were half-assed and not well thought out. But none of them have done anything to change the slow decline of the zone’s population. I want to know if folks think that more if the same (this time delivered form a ‘council’) is really going to make a difference or is the zone finally ready to consider things in a strategic context?
        eph

Comment

I'm moving those posts to another thread, continue that discussion there, if you continue it here, they will just be deleted and you will recieve an infraction.
          Former TW Staff

Comment

I will talk to you in game first Eph, before I officially reply to your questions/this thread. People deserve answers, but you have to realise it's not only us who's involved in changing and saving this game, but i surely believe we need to get our heads out of our asses and all work towards ONE common goal; saving the zone/game.
            Retired SSCU Trenchwars Head Sysop

1:24> they'd rather add afks than me
            24 is in for Freq 1 as a Warbird.
            1:M_M God> gg

help: (renzi) (Public 33): is it possible for a washing machine to cause a wireless connection to lag?

Candy King, -C4L-

Comment

Please dont talk about limiting TWD. 80% of the people who are rooting for this are unknowns(at least to me, since i only twd/twl) or pubbers.

TWD has its regular user base, people who have played for years and they come to play twd with their friends. This is the most vital user base, without this user base this game will die after a short while. The reason I and most of the friends in-game play this game is that you can come at anytime and play 30min twd game when ur bored. None of us will log in for anything else than twd/twl.

Please stick to your own territory.
              Season 12 champion TWLD / TWLJ
              Season 18 champion TWLJ / TWLB
              Season 19 champion TWLB (C)

Season 6 champion TWDT-J TWDT-B (C)
              Season 10 champion TWDT-J (C)
              Season 11 champion TWDT-B (C)
              Season 13 champion TWDT-B (C)
              Season 17 TRIPLE CROWN TWDT (C)

The winningest TWDT captain of all time

Comment

Which posts are being moved and where?

"i surely believe we need to get our heads out of our asses"

Yes, I agree. But read the last few lines of my post above. Krynetix was pounding his chest and saying he will do what nobody has done until now (just like Obama) and he ended up being crap just like everyone else before him (just like Obama). I am very skeptical of grandiose claims and promises from staff members, and nobody can blame me (and the many other people who don't believe a word staff members say due to years of lies and broken promises and power abuses).

I would like to play again, but I refuse to do so until we can use antiwarp in spawn again. I never did that, but we must be able to chase LTs no matter where they go. Also, it's a matter of principle. Krynetix was a retard for making a mountain out of a molehill and abusing his powers to make the bot take people's antiwarp away due to one complaint. He reminds me of the FCC losing its shit over Janet Jackson's nipple. "Oh noes! The children are traumatized!" Why the fuck were children watching the pathetic excuse for feeding people violence that is American rugby?

Comment

Welcome back then, you can use antiwarp in spawn.

Comment

GO back to stock settings like circa 2003-2010 and leave it be. Nothing needs to be changed if it aint broken.
                    https://twd.trenchwars.org/showgame/90112596

Retired after i dropped 24 kills and carry the team

wbduel Map Maker Legend

Comment

Originally posted by Bukkake Surprise View Post
                      Which posts are being moved and where?
                      There were a bunch of posts between 2pacz and someothers about his ban. I moved them here.
                      Former TW Staff

Comment

Well I figure I may as well chime in here. Maybe it gets somewhere, maybe it doesn't.

First of all, I agree with 2pac. The settings which worked for years started to get messed with far too much. Changes began to be made to attempt to appease every single gripe that was brought about. One of the best things to realize in life is that you simply can't please everyone. When you try to, things don't get better. Hardly ever. I think there was a balance in a way that each ship had its advantage. Sure, the Levs had very powerful bombs, but guess what? People loved hunting LevTerrs. Each ship used to cause people to react if something annoyed them. A cloak (back when it wasn't this retarded small ship with only half of its original functionality with cloaking) was annoying you? You switched to a terrier and hunted him. A Levi was bombing base? You purchased anti-warp and went to work. Now it's just a bunch of evenly spec'd ships running about doing their own thing day after day, same situation after same situation. This zone almost adapted the same ridiculous mentality the real world has. Everyone gets a ribbon for participation, everyone is a winner, and everything must be equal and on a level playing field. No.

My second thought which touches briefly on what others have said is this: Organize and bring things together. We have multiple websites that serve too many different purposes. People are lazy. They don't want to have to go to different websites or do extra work, no matter how minimal the effort is that is required. There is a reason one stop shopping is so successful and appealing to people. We need to combine all of the websites and organize it so there is only one place you need to go or keep an eye on. A way needs to be figured out to get all of the features, purposes, and functionality on a SINGLE website. Marketing would be easier, traffic would go up, and information would be much more easily found and kept up with.

We need people involved and in charge that aren't going to think as players who have been around for years on years, but as people who aren't or haven't been. It is difficult to separate our personal feelings and what we would LIKE from the things that we NEED. But that is what must be done if anything is going to change. Cosmetic changes aren't going to fix anything. We need to get back to the basics and build from there.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Death View Post
                          Instead of getting too crazy with fliers, mass advertising, shifting events how about each active player takes it upon themselves to bring in a new player (friend, coworker, someone from another game, etc.). How about some sort of referral reward program? I got into SS through a friend, and a few years ago I got another friend hooked on SS, who as of yesterday still plays.

Next, unban everyone, and I mean everyone. Then start from scratch, reban if violations crop up. Like a business, it's easier to get old customers to return than source brand new ones. Look at loosening rules, especially language. Nobody really cares about preventing N-bombs more then playing in an empty zone. What's so bad about tking? It's physically part of the game -- have players vote via bot command to remove and lock a players out from their frequency instead of banning.

Emphasize the community part of the game more, chat on android was a nice touch (I have yet to try).

A post that actually makes sense. Dr Death, I always knew you were a wise one. Unfortunately, timing is important too. This post could've been helpful a few years ago (if implemented then). Now, with the limited competence of current staff members, the proposed plan would be useless.

On a different note, what's actually baffling is that TW has received over $11k in donations, yet a minimum of $525 actually went into advertising and "TW development" (there's a possibility that some "You Choose For Me" donations went towards those two categories).

Comment

"Welcome back then, you can use antiwarp in spawn."

Awesome!

Comment

I couldn't agree more with Waxy - change pub ship settings back to how they were, they were created that way on purpose - because they were the right balance.

The idea of lev was NEVER to have an equal playing field, it was made to be an incredibly challenging ship if you wanted to try and play it. If you could manage to get out of the spawn zone (which with a lower pop generally now is much easier), then you were rewarded with having big bombs that could do damage because it BALANCED itself out....high damage bombs but high risk of death before being able to. Now the lev gets tweaked every month and all we see are levs in flag room and flying about base ruining gameplay; this was not how the lev was intended to be used and the constant tweaking has damaged the lev hardcore's enjoyment for it so we have seen their population diminish.

Weasel - Similar to the lev it was intended to be a challenging ship, your low speed and low fire rate was due to the fact NO ONE CAN SEE YOU. It's a high risk, high reward ship and it should remain so....these days it's almost an alternative fighter ship to wb/spid/lanc.

This isn't a cry to go back 'to the good old days' for nostalgia's sakes - the ship settings of 6+ years ago generally were the best in terms of gameplay flow and it really would be refreshing to get the best ship settings possible for how Trench Wars was designed to be played and enjoyed.
                              TWL-J Season 11 Champion
                              TWL-J Season 21 Champion
                              TWL-B Season 21 Champion
                              TWL-B Season 22 Finalist
                              TWDT-D 2017 Champion
                              TWDT-J 2017 Champion

Comment

I am not sure that there are any ‘magic’ ship settings or maps that can be considered the solution to the issue of the declining population. (Although I would certainly agree that some configurations are much better than others.) IMO what is more important, and was the original intent of this thread, was to see if we could have a discussion at a strategic level.

Operational issues (ship settings, etc.) are of course important. But the zone has been run for literally years only at an operational level. There was never a lack of operational ideas, never a lack of operational effort. Running things at an operational level is much easier, especially if there is a strategic vacuum. But the decline of population is a strategic issue, trying to address it operationally will not work (nor has it in the last 10 years).

Just yesterday a new thread was started about the lack of TWBDs; and we aren’t even into the slow summer period yet. So at a strategic level I repeat the same questions;
                                1. Is there some point where the zone population is spread too thin and some consolidation is the best solution?
                                2. Have we reached that point?
                                3. If not, at what point might it be?
                                4. If consolidation is not the answer... What other strategic solutions might lend themselves to limit or prevent the deterioration of the zone?

eph

Comment

Working...
                                X