No announcement yet.

-IDEAS: WHAT TO SPEND SPACEBUX ON-

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We already have names handled for the biller o)-<| was working on, but some older ones may still need to be taken care of by players (advance notice would still be given of course).

At times when we had a semi-active marketing dept, they had looked into TW branded items. It was looked into using one of those online stores where you send them your images for stuff, and they print/sell/ship then give you your cut of the profits.
    Former TW Staff

Comment

Originally posted by bkgmjo View Post
      Playing for items that are really hard to get can be an incentive to play more. At the same time if those items give a benefit the casual gamer will not get, it makes players uneven and removes the idea of being able to just come in and play on the same level as all others. This is generally called an RPG game, which is totally different from what TW and most other zones are. We have distension as RPG game in here. While some people enjoy it and it is a nice addition to the zone, it never managed to collect enough people for a zone on its own or even a 24h hosting. We also have hyperspace with a similar base and very very nice additions that could be a benefit to TW, but it's not really the most popular zone. Also look around for other games:

Freelancer for example is really awesome to play and similar to subspace, just 3D. But the RPG elements require you to be permanently active, which keeps populations low.

Starfleet Academy could have been a challenge to SS zones around the time TW became big, but RPG elements requiring activity killed every server sooner or later. Same fate with Starfleet Command I, II and III.

Every cool buildup browser game at some point gets stuck, because some players become untouchable for others.

Even huge multi-billion games like WoW have this problem, despite all new content.

And a reset for everyone, well this usually removes a big part of the players who built up stuff for ages.

At the same time games where people can just play managed to survive for a very long time, even without major costs to keep upgrading them and often hosted by very small communities: look at CS, Quake, StarCraft, WarCraft, TW. So it might be wiser to build on the strengths of TW (which made it successful for years), than to keep experimenting with new stuff. Especially when other zones already died from the exact same experiments with completely new maps or ship settings.
      Yeh I can totally get people come on here to play at the same level as others and perhaps some items I mentioned is probably inappropriate for pub (though personally I think super items like epidemic is much worse). The purpose of this thread is for people to put in their opinions about what items people should buy that make spacebux more valuable. I know trenchwars has survived for years and luckily I feel twd has been a huge part in that but for the past 9 or so years TW has been declining in population and I do suspect that its because old players are just getting bored of the same thing while new players are not finding pub fun enough to stay. New players won't stay when theres 1-6 players in pub playing for hours while 30 are in spec (don't need to be a rocket scientist to work that one).

So there should be be mini experiments to see if we can increase the activity in pub (keep people hooked/playing longer and reducing the number watching in spec) without too many people whining about the change.

While I did mention items that could affect fairness in pub, other items I mentioned don't (buy real items from tws website with spacebux etc). Shame forums isnt alive enough for many people to post items that would make them collect spacebux for (play more pub). We can add in nice ideas like have a jackpot (see other thread) but again this idea isnt as fun if spacebux is pointless unless your just collecting it (though knowing it will be reset anyway).

To make this game survive much longer, its either to advertise like crazy (like on TV) but we cant afford that or making pub way more fun for new players and old to enjoy. ? Mayb I'm wrong heh.

Oh if you want to question fairness, why can someone gain 200k+ in a few duels vs people that spent months getting the same amount from playing only pub (coz they aren't good at duel). When you win $500 from being basing king while seeing text messages saying somones won 50k+ in duel- you just feel you just got rewarded with a penny sweet for all your basing king efforts.
      Last edited by Fork; 05-25-2014, 11:55 AM.
      1:Hece> iv done good A (amphetamine) many times and ppl say u cant get your dick up on it..my dick works on every chemical i have tried so far

Comment

Oh if you want to question fairness, why can someone gain 200k+ in a few duels vs people that spent months getting the same amount from playing only pub (coz they aren't good at duel). When you win $500 from being basing king while seeing text messages saying somones won 50k+ in duel- you just feel you just got rewarded with a penny sweet for all your basing king efforts.
        Those are the problems when you put in stuff without planning ;-). Limiting it to duels of maybe 1000 max now would throw off quite a few players, if you did it from the beginning, things could be easier. There could have also been an extra fee for open challenges over 1000 bux, or a system like you suggested, which would reset every once in a while. But now we have to face the probs which are there and eat the bitter fruits of reacting and dealing with making people accept back- and forth stuff. BTW, would be nice if those public challenges were limited to 1 every 5 mins to reduce the spam a little.

Comment

you guys are acting like when we win a duel the money just appears out of thin air. someone has to play pub to earn the money before i can duel them for it. the issue with dueling as a whole is that it doesn't remove any money from circulation, it just gives me pleasure at no cost. (since i always win) of course people who are bad at dueling will want limitations and whatever put on duels but as someone who duels in pub i believe that if anybody is dumb enough to accept my challenge, i am entitled to take every penny from them. instead of focusing your attention on duels and how to screw me over since im pretty much the only person who grinds pub duels, you should be thinking of ideas that would make me want to spend the money so im not sitting there with 2 million bucks that ill never spend.
          Jessup> saiyan and i had steamy cyber sex once

Streak Breaker Grizzly Beam

Don't Poke the Bear.

Comment

Thanks for proving the point ;-)

I don't mind you changing a few bits in a database in the least, what I do mind however is when others feel treated unfair since they get 312 bux for helping their team in a baseterr and you get 50k from one duel with cash they took part in earning.

Just an idea for using them: Make staff host classic duel2 (1000 hours) or other stuff you might like and donate part of your cash for the winner.

Comment

i get that you are a really bad player and incapable of winning duels but instead of whining about it you should try coming up with a solution that might actually get implemented instead of just saying "im bad dont let people win money in duels cuz i cant" over and over. if anything those big money duels are beneficial to pub because people come from all arenas to watch me play once that zoner goes out and then i get 10 people actively talking in chat about each kill in the duel.

as i said before if you want those 50k duels to go away then you need to come up with things for people to spend money on so they never stack up that high. crying about people being better players than you just makes you look stupid.

Don't Poke the Bear.

Comment

Originally posted by beam View Post
                i get that you are a really bad player and incapable of winning duels but instead of whining about it you should try coming up with a solution that might actually get implemented instead of just saying "im bad dont let people win money in duels cuz i cant" over and over. if anything those big money duels are beneficial to pub because people come from all arenas to watch me play once that zoner goes out and then i get 10 people actively talking in chat about each kill in the duel.

as i said before if you want those 50k duels to go away then you need to come up with things for people to spend money on so they never stack up that high. crying about people being better players than you just makes you look stupid.
                Heh I admit it is very entertaining when people stake very high in duels. The only thing I was saying is: if we did find very expensive items (that people would want to buy), it would be fair if there was another alternate system (basing points) along with spacebux to buy these items. Only to prevent pro players like beam quickly affording these nice items without playing a second of pub.

Ok look at it like this: someone who is bad at dueling really tries to afford these nice items by playing weeks and weeks of pub and hes one of the most active players in pub atm. He realises a couple of players who don't play pub at all have bought these nice items and he gets annoyed and his motivation for trying ends.

If there was a point system for basing in pub only and these items are bought from having both basing points and spacebux, this situation will be completely avoided. So to afford: item 1.... cost: 2mill spacebux and 10k basing points
                1:Hece> iv done good A (amphetamine) many times and ppl say u cant get your dick up on it..my dick works on every chemical i have tried so far

Comment

i disagree completely. if you found something that was worth buying and was so nice that it would actually motivate me to play pub, then you should be thrilled that im playing pub instead of trying to add ways to ensure i never do.

you guys are putting way too much energy into screwing me over. im literally the only person who grinds pub bucks through duels. revamping the system just to stop me is ridiculous. adding ways to make it so i can never spend my money because i dont participate in pub basing is the exact opposite of what you should be trying to do. the way that i get the money to unlock whatever it is is irrelevant. the focus here is to get people playing pub and if i start playing pub after unlocking some super cool item then it was a success.

the idea that pubberxyz is unmotivated by the pub rewards when he sees a big money duel is simply untrue. new players dont understand the concept of pub bucks and pubbers either love talking about/watching the duels or dont care about them at all.

Don't Poke the Bear.

Comment

Originally posted by beam View Post
                    i disagree completely. if you found something that was worth buying and was so nice that it would actually motivate me to play pub, then you should be thrilled that im playing pub instead of trying to add ways to ensure i never do.

you guys are putting way too much energy into screwing me over. im literally the only person who grinds pub bucks through duels. revamping the system just to stop me is ridiculous. adding ways to make it so i can never spend my money because i dont participate in pub basing is the exact opposite of what you should be trying to do. the way that i get the money to unlock whatever it is is irrelevant. the focus here is to get people playing pub and if i start playing pub after unlocking some super cool item then it was a success.

the idea that pubberxyz is unmotivated by the pub rewards when he sees a big money duel is simply untrue. new players dont understand the concept of pub bucks and pubbers either love talking about/watching the duels or dont care about them at all.
                    No beam, you'll just buy the nice item once, play for 1 minute and then return to your old ways. Your telling me you'll play months of pub to earn money to be able to afford these items? i really don't think so... its more likely you'll only play duel to earn the money fast before buying it (disagree and your crazy).

^The idea is to make people play a lot of pub BEFORE buying these nice items (that's the incentive to playing pub). Fairness is key so it should be everyone has to work hard by playing pub, no matter if they only duel/ or are staff/ or have been donated a ton of cash- they still need to play pub to afford nice items (which gives incentive to actually play pub= increase in pub players= more fun in pub).

Example: Beam has 2 mill coins from only playing duel. He can buy this nice item if he so many pub points. (This is the incentive to tempt him playing pub). He may refuse for a month or so... but then (he starts to get curious/ changes his mind) he starts playing pub for these points and suddenly he's finding there's a purpose for him to play pub: to buy this item no-one yet has. He plays a lot of pub and along with other people trying for the same goal- the pub population seems very active and people who are not trying/ just basing find that pub is lot more fun with more people actually playing.

^Though we know beam won't play pub for more than 5 minutes, at least these ideas try and tempt people to playing more pub or give some players a purpose or a goal to playing pub. While you have players that play for fun/ others can be more srs and work towards a goal.

TW'S PUB MEDALS

-2014 Trench Wars Dragon pub medal: Randomly given out if your extremely lucky (odds 1 in every 20k kills). (2 left in stock).
                    -2014 Trench Wars Gold pub medal:................................Cost: 2 mill spacebux + 5k basing points. (3 left in stock)
                    -2014 Trench Wars Silver pub medal:...............................Cost: 1 mill spacebux + 2.5k basing points. (2 left in stock)
                    -2014 Trench Wars Bronze pub medal................................Cost: 750k spacebux + 2k basing points (SOLD)
                    -2014 Trench Wars Wooden pub medal..............................Cost: 400k spacebux + 1k basing points (SOLD).

1) So basically, when a player hits !buy medals. They can see a list of medals that's for sale or whats already sold out. Now ideally to make these items special there should be a limited amount that you can buy in that year (Perhaps 3 in stock of each).

2) Now when you buy one of these items or you receive an medal at random (dragon pub medal), it could be advertised "Beam has bought a gold pub medal!" and it will then show up on the tw website Player: (image of medal they have won) and 2014 gold medal will appear in beams achievements.

3)You can only buy/ receive that type of medal once. Once they have sold out- there is no way you can get another one until the next year.

4) Perhaps it should display who bought/ luckily received each medal when you do !buy medals: E.G:

2014 Trench Wars Dragon pub medal. (2 left n stock)...........Current owners: Beam.
                    Last edited by Fork; 05-26-2014, 01:25 PM.

Comment

why are decoys 30,000 now
                      Leland

Comment

no doubt because some fag complained about it "spamming" their screen, or something to that effect

i've discovered that slight amendments here at trench wars are never really communicated down to players and explanations as to why they were implemented

Comment

Let me unravel a knot thats so tight,it may never come loose.
                          Trench has many many functions for players to command,but there is always a catch or restriction returned from the Bot.
                          Example: time restrictions are the worst,Ninja s/d,area restriction,too long,too short,not available is my fav..must be in arena time limit restriction,etc..the list goes on.
                          Anyway you get my point as the Bot refuses alot of orders,or wastes players time typing.Why type when we can use macros;BECAUSE Macros do not work properly for one reason or another,and fail to maintain entry into player client options.
                          I give my pubux away to other players,since the Bot doesn't take them most of the time.
                          The above is not a whine;it's a reality.

Just to !add to pubbux fun might over complicate what's maxed already.Remove a few stale commands & glitches n fill the holes with less restrictions.Not sure why but the !buy list seems to vary depending on what ? Ship type?

Here's to a slightly larger flag room

Comment

Working...
                          X