Use of !buy purepub

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Use of !buy purepub

This is what happens when people buy purepub. Kind of funny how the people who keep ruining the game for some people ruined their own fun and were the first to leave the pub.

This happens every single time someone buys it. Log populations, you will see this is true. And once you see it, remove this most retarded !buy someone ever came up with forever.

Yeh i guess people who play lev terr will become pissed and rage leave. People like freedom i guess (to do what they want). Certain old players feel that pure basing is the key to everything... well not really, its about having fun and doing what you want heh.
    1:Hece> iv done good A (amphetamine) many times and ppl say u cant get your dick up on it..my dick works on every chemical i have tried so far

Comment

I can explain my absence by the fact I went afk and was in a private arena.

Comment

35 in spec -> 26 in spec... so buying purepub made 9 people not playing leave?
        Former TW Staff

Comment

Originally posted by Fork
          Yeh i guess people who play lev terr will become pissed and rage leave. People like freedom i guess (to do what they want). Certain old players feel that pure basing is the key to everything... well not really, its about having fun and doing what you want heh.
          It is not just LT people who leave and go afk. The first to leave were about 8 hunters which caused imbalance in freq sizes, which again made the rest leave. It happens similar every time it is bought. Not to talk about all the people on pub freqs who already left when hunters spammed the buy-everywhere anti in spawn, preventing them from attaching to base. This is how far populism about levs destroying something brought us. We actively accept to destroy the game for everyone, just to be on a crusade for something which has absolutely no base. There are no numbers, no polls, no nothing which ever showed LTs harm the game in the long run, just very few people who managed to get staffs that do not play the game on their side and implement half-assed solutions for a non-existent problem.

Comment

Originally posted by bkgmjo View Post

This is what happens when people buy purepub. Kind of funny how the people who keep ruining the game for some people ruined their own fun and were the first to leave the pub.

This happens every single time someone buys it. Log populations, you will see this is true. And once you see it, remove this most retarded !buy someone ever came up with forever.
            I +1'd coz i saw my name.

J/k. I think I agree. I also understand and feel levs can ruin the pub-basing game.
            Maybe instead of a !buy purepub allow idk a high !buy HuntLevBounty for everyone which gets ad'd in da arena.

Lots of something,

Oranje

Comment

Well, everything can destroy a game at times. To discuss how to prevent this happening by LTs we invited KrynetiX to LT chats to openly discuss things with the head of pub some months ago. There were no insults, just constructive ideas. To name some:

- Add much higher rewards for being a lev in base than being one in spawn.
              - Have a much closer watch on teamkilling people.
              - Reduce the terr to be able to only carry 3 turrets, as it used to be before someone increased it randomly.
              - Encourage hunting of LTs rather than buying a bot which can be easily outmaneuvered as it would require active players instead of bux.
              - Make life in base for levs safer (remove side entrances/small weasels) as many who now play LT on priv freqs would like to play on pub teams too, but there they get punished and killed very quickly. Including teamkills which people only get warned for, once a week.
              - Remove any kind of reward for killing levs in spawn since all it does it create hostility.
              - Give back L3 bombs since those were the most effective defense from inside base against LTs on roof. Every LT freq guard instantly goes "LEV WARNING" when they spot one in base, not for no reason.
              - Bring back basing weekends to give players who really don't want levs around their time without.

...and quite some more things.

The answer we got:
              - Weaker bombs
              - Cheaper turret
              - Punishment of all players on priv freqs in terms or rewards, including those who do not even have a lev
              - No buys of things outside safe for LTs or players on privs while that goes for nobody else
              - A cheat which removes levs and their team from the game after they sometimes spent hours building up bounty (which several team members died countless times for while guarding their capital ship)
              - A dean of staff openly calling LT players homos and similar

So the way I see it, I as a player get punished in the name of anti-LT measures while I neither lev nor terr. I don't because I do not feel like trying to green for 20 mins and seeing how others even get a reward for being extra lame. I'd also do it just to attach to a baseterr and get killed before I reach 30 bty by a lagjav or weasel or some person who buys super or shield or runs in through the side entrances while the defending freq only has 6 active basers who can in no way guard 3 entrances. I also cannot sit on roof in wb and duel there anymore because sooner or later someone will buy a turret and ruin it, just because it's there. Also in the name of anti-LT measures. But I guess this is what is wanted since none of those things ever got removed again or even evaluated on their usefulness. All those things did was annoy players into leaving the game or perma-spec.

Comment

Those screenshots could have been taken at any time...and how do we know it's the pure pub that decreased the player count?

"It is not just LT people who leave and go afk."

Good, let them go. Let them quit the game too. Quit playing, I mean. No loss there.

"The first to leave were about 8 hunters"

Those weren't contributing anything to the basing game anyway, so who cares?

"which caused imbalance in freq sizes"

So where's auto-balance?

"Reduce the terr to be able to only carry 3 turrets, as it used to be before someone increased it randomly."

Yes, exactly! Who was the moron who changed that? I'm not going to ask what his reason was, since when does anyone do anything around here for a reason other than "imbecility"?

"Remove any kind of reward for killing levs in spawn since all it does it create hostility."

I hate those pieces of shit and I kill them even without a reward. My hostility is maxed out already.

"A cheat which removes levs and their team from the game after they sometimes spent hours building up bounty"

By ruining the game for everyone else. Oh noes. If anything, we need MORE people like that.

"which several team members died countless times for while guarding their capital ship"

That's what they signed up for. 0 fucks given. How many times did I die guarding the flag and my terrier just so some fucking private LT can blow us up and make us lose the round?

"A dean of staff openly calling LT players homos and similar"

Finally a staff member with some sense.

"The answer we got:[...]"

Staff has been doing the completely wrong things for many years, so that shouldn't shock anyone.

Why the hell has the Killothon reward been reduced? You now get pub bux just for breathing, and the reward for killing lots of enemies is REDUCED? Brilliant work from the people who brought you this pathetic excuse for Continuum. The stupid flashing warnings are still there, instead of the green text ones, the map is still crap, private LTs still ruin the game. I wonder why we have trouble keeping new players.

PS I love you, bkgmjo! You're my favourite person on these forums (I've never seen you in the game). You're one of the smartest posters and you always have really good things to say. If you and LF were in charge, I could have the Continuum I love back. But neither of you will ever be in charge, so this game is finished and I get to be pissed off by the mismanagement it endures while my patience is tried every time I log on by more stupid changes made for absolutely no reason other than "imbecility". On the plus side, Knights Of The Old Republic 1 & 2 turned out to be really good. If Continuum wasn't so shitty now, I might not have ordered those games.
                Last edited by Bukkake Surprise; 05-23-2014, 04:15 AM.

Comment

Bukkake Surprise (heh), LF is a pedo.
                  sigpic

Comment

@buk
                    Not so sure about cynism, but you have shot me many times in pub over the last decade. I am tempted to feel hurt you do not remember your victims.

Since screenshots CAN be from any time I suggested logging population to show it is not a one-time or made-up thing.

Comment

i don't rly have anything against LT's
                      but i like to hunt them down and kill them since sometimes that's more fun than the basing in pub
                      and other times i join the LT freq and help the LT's destroying pub..
                      it just depends what mood i'm in lol
                      Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.

Comment

and about the decline of pop.
                        correct me if wrong but i think there was some event hosted or wbduel or w/e
                        which caused the decline
                        Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.

Comment

I checked with ?find to rule that out (I play with enter/leave in chat by default, so could check everyone before making false claims). Only a few went there, just like the last 4 times I witnessed a purepub buy. (BTW: there should really be a definition for what "purepub" is, either define it as free of restrictions, free of levs, or free of levs and privs. Would make discussions a bit easier.)

Also I agree with you that hunting LTs can be great fun, especially when its really good ones. Sometimes even the most fun for me, but I'd rather hunt the LT's of the opposing pub freq and help my own team hold flagroom than have it all limited to buy spams and LTs which are pushed on privs by current game design and lack of tk watch. That way hunting a LT weakens your own team, since you as a member are busy guarding both pub freqs.

Comment

"I am tempted to feel hurt you do not remember your victims."

Well, there are so many of them...

I have a very good memory, but I don't think I remember you. You don't have a name that stands out. But it's very possible that we've actually met. When do you usually play? Probably when it's late night here. I would like to meet you (again).

Why is LF a pedophile? And even if he is, so what? The fact that he's a war criminal doesn't mean he doesn't know how to fix this game. Someone needs to track down priitk and shake him by the lapel until he gives the server to bkgmjo and LF instead of the idiots he gave it to. The only reason superpowered private LTs exist is because some shithead on staff decided pub should be turned into turretwars. And to "fix" the problem, something stupid is done (not let people on private frequencies buy things out of safe). What if some people make a private frequency and try to take the flag? And they don't even have a levi? That improves basing, but they're still at a disadvantage. Buying out of safe should not even exist (the way it was once upon a time, before some shithead on staff decided to change it without consulting anyone or having a good reason).

Change something at random and break it, then break something else to "fix" the problem you've caused, then break a third thing to "fix" the second problem, and so on into 2014. Hooray! It's a miracle this game is still around.

Comment

Well you might remember L O V E, the name I picked for ppl who constantly complained about not being able to remember bkgmjo and dropped again after ppl constantly tried to cyber me. I pop in randomly, can't get used to playing at fixed hours.

For handing over the server... from what I got LF ragequit once again due to a staff suspension (no clue why) and I prefer grunt work in the background to politics. But this goes a little offtopic. If you want to talk give it a try ingame with pm, ?message, forum pm or bring over a box of beer and some pizza.

Comment

Working...
                              X