Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TWDT EXPLAINED IN 2 MINUTES FOR NEW PLAYERS (w/ images)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TWDT EXPLAINED IN 2 MINUTES FOR NEW PLAYERS (w/ images)

top 100 basers list

Sex
    sigpic

Comment

Good work claus!
      Season 12 champion TWLD / TWLJ
      Season 18 champion TWLJ / TWLB
      Season 19 champion TWLB (C)

Season 6 champion TWDT-J TWDT-B (C)
      Season 10 champion TWDT-J (C)
      Season 11 champion TWDT-B (C)
      Season 13 champion TWDT-B (C)
      Season 17 TRIPLE CROWN TWDT (C)

The winningest TWDT captain of all time

Comment

i still dont understand the forcing of playing a low star... just severely reduce the total star limit of a lineup. it should achieve the same thing without having useless rules like this one.

1996 Minnesota State Pooping Champion

Comment

wow I was in ?go twdt for 30 seconds and tried to talk to you and got blanked and now I pop up on this, busted for not actually being afk.
          TWL-J Season 11 Champion
          TWL-J Season 21 Champion
          TWL-B Season 21 Champion
          TWL-B Season 22 Finalist
          TWDT-D 2017 Champion
          TWDT-J 2017 Champion

Comment

As a 3 time TWDTchamp, I support this message.

Lol
            TWLD Champion 2014
            TWDTB Champion 2013
            TWDTB Champion 2016
            TWDTB Champion 2017
            TWDTB Champion 2019.. my last one.
            -tj hazuki/hazuki :wub:

Comment

Originally posted by PrOnEsSim View Post
              As a 3 time TWDTchamp, I support this message.

Lol
              Also EGDL champ.... sup.
              Trench Wars Player

“To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all.” ― Oscar Wilde

Comment

No new or casual player even knows about this forum.

Comment

Useful to know... but as a new player to this tournament I don't know what the TWDT-X acronyms and the "star packages" mean.

Comment

Viruk, players are assigned stars out of 10 based on past performance 1-2Stars is a new player, 3-4 stars is a below average twd player, 5-6 stars is an average/good twd player, 7 stars twl player, 8 stars seasoned TWL player, 9-10stars are top 10 TWL players. That is not exact but more or less what brackets the stars fall into.

In previous seasons there was a limit on the total number of 'stars' a team could have, so captains would have to choose high ranked players and lower rank players carefully to make sure they had the minimum amount of players (but still under the limit). This season they are changing it slightly so that the overall limit is gone and instead 5-6 star rated players will be grouped together into 8 packages (1 for each team).

This forum sucks for typing, it misses 50% of my keystrokes and i have to hammer each key for it to (not) register, ask me in game or 1 of the twdt ops if you are still unsure.
                    killing newbs since 2002

Comment

You may find this useful http://www.trenchwars.org/TWDT/rules.php hopefully the rules are not too out of date. I have not reviewed them recently.
                      TWDT stands for Trench Wars Draft Tournament, as players sign up to a Waivers list and are 'drafted' to a team.
                      TWDTD/TWDTJ/TWDTB are matches just like regular TWDD/TWJD/TWBD but with the draft team instead squads.
                      killing newbs since 2002

Comment

i just mean, why do you have star ratings now at all? if youre going to do it this way remove the star shit and just say 'YOU MUST PLAY ONE OF THESE PLAYERS EACH GAME'

Comment

ratings are there to bruise your ego, silly!

.. although, they have lost their real meaning as captains don't have to manage their star caps anymore, essentially lowering the captain skill required to be a good captain. nevertheless, we're trying out something new and if it happens works then we can simply tweak the numbers and fix broken things to improve the draft league structure for the next season.

most of the current rules in the TWDT website are out of date.

Comment

i feel like there was some good things in place, the per round cap just needed to be drastically lowered

Comment

and by that i mean you would no longer have the ability to play a team of 5 that averages like 8+ stars a person. drop it to 30 or so and force people to play an average of 6* per person.

Comment

Working...
                              X