Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TWDT EXPLAINED IN 2 MINUTES FOR NEW PLAYERS (w/ images)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

that's something i considered as well.

it would workas long as the ratings have been correctly envaluated as it would be prone to fail if the ratings are biased. however, those numbers would need to be tweaked a little bit as the average of 6* in a lineup would probably be too low. we could have a rating limit of 32 stars in warbird and javelin leagues during the regular season. this would mean your lineup could be something like this:

8 - 7 - 6 - 6 - 5
    7 - 7 - 7 - 6 - 5
    9 - 8 - 7 - 4 - 4
    8 - 8 - 7 - 5 - 4
    9 - 9 - 6 - 5 - 4

.. and many more combinations. this could be interesting and it would bring back some of the captain skill that we lost with the recent changes. ratings would have to be fair for this to work and there's no such thing as perfect ratings.

Comment

agreed... there is no such thing as perfect ratings, but a small group of people assigning ratings could get relatively close.

the benefit of that sort of system would also be finding those 'underrated' guys or the people who are fairly lower star but '3 league competent'

1996 Minnesota State Pooping Champion

Comment

it would also be beneficial for the captains as it would be easier to find players for your match, especially if the players in your "low star packages" aren't showing up to the matches. i don't want to see matches being forfeit because certain teams couldn't field enough eligible players and this would be one of the solutions to tackle that problem. we would have to tweak the numbers quite a bit and make sure that the ratings are as fair as possible.

i'll try to have a chat with claushouse later tonight, probably after the soccer match or slightly before it, as it's his league. he's the one that's going to make the final decision; not me.

Comment

Originally posted by Turban View Post
          that's something i considered as well.

it would workas long as the ratings have been correctly envaluated as it would be prone to fail if the ratings are biased. however, those numbers would need to be tweaked a little bit as the average of 6* in a lineup would probably be too low. we could have a rating limit of 32 stars in warbird and javelin leagues during the regular season. this would mean your lineup could be something like this:

8 - 7 - 6 - 6 - 5
          7 - 7 - 7 - 6 - 5
          9 - 8 - 7 - 4 - 4
          8 - 8 - 7 - 5 - 4
          9 - 9 - 6 - 5 - 4

.. and many more combinations. this could be interesting and it would bring back some of the captain skill that we lost with the recent changes. ratings would have to be fair for this to work and there's no such thing as perfect ratings.
          I think this would be a good system to use next year. If I remember correctly 2011 and 2012 just gave you overall star number under a similar system and was poorly balanced. 2013 used one 5-star in every game. This year it's a 6-star and a 5-star.

A well-managed individual league-based skill cap might be a better system as the 6/5 currently in place does hurt 7s as an unintended consequence. 6/5 is a good system I think, but a properly done overall cap system might be better.

32 stars seems a bit on the low end, though. Zizzo's line this year would be 10/10/8/6/5 would be 39 stars. 9/8/7/6/5 seems like a good golden standard, then if you want a 10 in you go 10/8/7/5/5. So that would be 35 stars. A midrange team of 7/7/7/7/7 is also 35 stars. Seems like a better number to me : )
          top 100 basers list

Comment

"essentially lowering the captain skill required to be a good captain"

Staff has been trying to lower the skill required for everything in this game. Once someone reaches 0 skill, he's promoted to staff.

Comment

Working...
            X