Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• acquire ssforums

polix is shutting down ssforums

i strongly advise someone from tw staff talk to him, and use the donations money to keep ssforums running, as it is far better to actually use it instead of having it sitting around until the game dies and someone runs off with all of it, and as an added bonus it will keep the game alive longer

or even better:
    use tw hosting to host it, and use P_L/mav/whoevers money instead of donations money
    The above text is a personal opinion of an individual and is not representative of the statements or opinions of Trench Wars or Trench Wars staff.

SSCJ Distension Owner
    SSCU Trench Wars Developer

Last edited by Shaddowknight; Today at 05:49 AM. Reason: Much racism. So hate. Such ban. Wow.

http://www.subspace.co/topic/27611-s...-october-31st/
    The above text is a personal opinion of an individual and is not representative of the statements or opinions of Trench Wars or Trench Wars staff.

SSCJ Distension Owner

Last edited by Shaddowknight; Today at 05:49 AM. Reason: Much racism. So hate. Such ban. Wow.

Comment

option three:
      give me green light to talk to polix, get info + files, and move all the shit over to tw webserver

SSCJ Distension Owner

Comment

option four:

people from tw are good people (lol) and give polix money to keep the server running and/or convince him to reduce his expenses (claims current $600/yr)

SSCJ Distension Owner

Comment

Just how significant is the closing of the SS forums? Is it needed to run anything other than just the forum itself? Do people use it regularly, I know I don't.
          killing newbs since 2002

Comment

Continuum as a whole is mostly dead. Trench Wars is the only "active" zone anymore. Why would we need a dead forum, that is rarely used any more?

Comment

As far as I am aware, a lot of nonTW devs use it, and people from other zones who used to play. Its got more active dev discussion, which is slmething we dont really have publically happening.
              Former TW Staff

Comment

Originally posted by Shaddowknight View Post
                As far as I am aware, a lot of nonTW devs use it, and people from other zones who used to play. Its got more active dev discussion, which is slmething we dont really have publically happening.
                Dev discussion, for what? A bunch of projects that will never be finished.

Comment

ppl can use the tw forums

f ss forums

Comment

why not just redirect them all here
                    Big Chill

Comment

SSforums is a major artery of subspace/continnum the game, it's also hosted files and such, also has forums for chaos and many other small zones.

It's better we merge or move the server here.
                      https://twd.trenchwars.org/showgame/90112596

Retired after i dropped 24 kills and carry the team

wbduel Map Maker Legend

Comment

I agree we should pick up where it is dropping off. The file hosting may be a bit more of an issue with serverspace, but many of those downloads are outdated and could easily be archived. To say nothing of having them archived or put on a filesharing site, or even crowdsourced with bittorrent type apps.
                        Former TW Staff

Comment

I think this is a good time to make an appraisal of what we need, what we want, what we don't need, and what we can live without. And then go from there.

Comment

I donated 20 to polix when he needed it, ssforum has been around for a long time and people post on it everyday, if we can merge those members here it and create ssforum section, demonic is about to move to the new vbullshyt anyway
                            https://twd.trenchwars.org/showgame/90112596

Retired after i dropped 24 kills and carry the team

wbduel Map Maker Legend

Comment

Is it the whole site?

If so, acquiring it would be good so we do not lose SSDownloads, which would be a tragedy.
                              Trench Wars Staff
                              Staff Trainer
                              TWL Operator
                              Full Time Legend

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X