Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New head of TW Council

Yo Shaddowknight,

Ive noticed you put Head of TW Council in your sig.
    So when are you going to schedule meetings and stuff
    Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.

Yeah, I've been trying to figure out when I have time for it.
    And the issue is, I dont really anymore. My weekends are too busy anymore, and weekdays are tending to be busy as well.
    I'm more than likely going to have to step down from the position, unfortunately. Life has gotten in the way of being as active in this game for me.
    Former TW Staff

Comment

So maybe remove that Head of TW Council thing from your sig.
      RaCka> imagine standing out as a retard on subspace
      RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

Originally posted by Exalt View Post
        So maybe remove that Head of TW Council thing from your sig.
        Also, the idea of Council was kinda that there would not be a "head," heh... Chair is a different thing -- only adds responsibility, not any special power (other than having the ability to assign committees).

Unfortunately I also don't have the time for that responsibility these days, either. Went from working part-time with a pretty minimal social life to full-time, going out all the time and living in another country/learning a new language. Spaceships don't enter into much these days, so I won't be able to jump back in, at least not in the current manifestation.

I've thought a bit about ways to simplify Council so that it can properly be used by a group of people all over the world with vastly different schedules and willingness to commit... but unfortunately even that may be an idea past its time. The upkeep is phenomenal -- trying to get everyone to vote, trying to replace those who drop out (run votes constantly? But it's next to impossible to get candidates to begin with. Maybe have a backup list, and replace people as needed? Again, hard to get people on that list).

Love to hear any ideas as to where we could take it. There's also no theoretical reason a member of the community (non-staff) couldn't run it, at least as far as I can tell. It would also give it a good bit more credibility. Just would mean you'd have to rely on staff for certain things, such as setting up votes, which was a little tricky even for me, heh. (No formalized system for setting up the polls -- you have to add them manually to the DB... as well as fetch the results manually. At least so far. That's a feature set I guess I could add, though, if there were interest in actually using it.)
        "You're a gentleman," they used to say to him. "You shouldn't have gone murdering people with a hatchet; that's no occupation for a gentleman."
        -Dostoevsky's Crime and Punishment

Comment

Agreed, no staff-specific requirements are needed to run it, since all the info not publically needed is in the council forums.
          Yeah, the polls stuff was a pain since POiD never got around to the web interface on the staff website (if that was up, any smod+ could easily add polls, with potential ability to add that to whatever staff access level was desired of it- similar to how gallery ops are done seperately).

In order to keep an active group, perhaps having the ability to vote in candidates by council vote. Players can be nominated, and their "resume" presented to council, where they then vote upon which of the presented candidates to accept. There would be a forum post where other players could state their negative and positive remarks to be considered by council.
          That's the only way a group will constantly be able to be maintained, and removes the messy polling constantly.
          Former TW Staff

Comment

Working...
          X