NO ANTIWARP IN CENTER

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bkgmjo View Post
    Do you also plan on banning people who mine on low pop, decide to spawn, sit on roof, use !duel, grab flag as priv freq weasel or do whatever, which does not support basing under "Disruption to the Game"? Feel free to bring any new rule suggestion for pub up in one of the next meetings. But wild threatening of players is way more harmful to the game than any antiwarping can be.
    I would draw your attention to actual statements that have thus far been made, none of which have made any suggestion anyone would be banned, let alone cast any sort of threats toward anyone. All that has been said is antiwarp is spawn is not allowed. Jumping to conclusions about what that means in terms of enforcement is premature at this point. Clearly, this is not a rule that's been made known to a lot of people. And we have to fix that one way or another. And we will be working on doing that in the coming days, and once we do, it'll be made clear what is expected when it comes to antiwarp. For now I wouldn't get into much of a twist over it as all we're doing is stating what's on the books, why that's not working, and that we're going to figure something out.
    Last edited by Azov; 01-16-2015, 01:23 AM.

Comment

Wait so... the secret rule that nobody really knows about for absolutely no discernible reason is the reason why mods are banning players? Why would there be a secret rule "in the books" but not anywhere listed in the public for anyone to see like that? Why would anyone have to work on making how fucking stupid this is any more clearly "in the next coming days". You are legit old regime no common sense staff man.. Just say the staffers who did this were wrong, this is fucking stupid and axe the staffers who did it and be done with it. Thats how you public relations if you want this steam greenlight shit to work. Because imagine if instead of some old kids it was some new players who accidentally turned on antiwarp or some stupid shit and get banned and warned for something that wasn't on the list of rules.

How about you just fucking handle it now instead of getting all bureaucratic about it.
      Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

Pointless rule is pointless, remove it.

Comment

+1 kthx, LF
          I like the smod of thursdays, too.

Comment

The SysOp's will decide what the best course of action is from here on out and we'll let you guys know. Any questions, please feel free to contact me.
            Last edited by Azov; 01-16-2015, 08:52 AM.

Comment

Need someone who has that "been there done that" mentality, and understands other fellow TWers.. I have been getting lamed by newb Anti-warp spiders in spawn for 15 years, and I wouldn't have it any other way =] please stop making dumb rules guys. Spend your time stopping tkers or promoting the game! Stop being worthless annoying fuks, Azov go shit in your hand and eat it u fkn roach.
              Last edited by olde; 01-16-2015, 11:13 AM.

Comment

And while we are on the subject of scum fuk pub staff, this cockroach "bkgmjo" tells me I'm not allowed to go afk. Then specs me and spec locks me, that has never happened to me in my whole TW career. Didn't know going afk to use the bathroom was that SRS in pub....... U fkn scum, don't ever spec me or spec lock me again ...had to do ?help some staffer spec locked me to get back in. Going afk in pub is a very serious crime....

Comment

hey holy batshit clubfoot dykebaby handjollies

how about you, get this, advertise in pub that antiwarping in spawn will become illegal on a specific date and then update the rules accordingly on that date. dont just change shit and not communicate. if you change something, let people know the change is coming and set a date for the change.

it really isnt difficult.

1996 Minnesota State Pooping Champion

Comment

that goes for any rule change. pub especially.

on this particular rule itself, i think its stupid. but i also leave pub if a fun basing game is ruined by a massive LT. usually causing me to just leave the zone because if im pubbing that probably means there wasnt anything else going on that interested me anyway. pubbing itself is already annoying enough with $pUbBuXx$. LTs just make it more annoying.

1996 Minnesota State Pooping Champion

Comment

WTF? I thought AW has always been disallowed in Pub. But come to think of it I drew this conclusion after being warned for it years ago (I just assumed the staffed who warned me knew and understood the rules.) So it is likely that this why there is some confusion. Sounds like a lack of communication to me.
                      Eph

Comment

And BTW....
                        It would really help if staffers would sign there posts with either just their name (meaning it is their personal opinion) or with their staff title (which would mean it is an official opinion). Or perhaps once you join staff you are not longer allowed a personal opinion? When staffers make these posts I can never tell the difference between an opinion and a edict.
                        Eph

Comment

Originally posted by Zeebu View Post
                          that goes for any rule change. pub especially.

on this particular rule itself, i think its stupid. but i also leave pub if a fun basing game is ruined by a massive LT. usually causing me to just leave the zone because if im pubbing that probably means there wasnt anything else going on that interested me anyway. pubbing itself is already annoying enough with $pUbBuXx$. LTs just make it more annoying.

No one cares about you, you are not an active player and thus ur opinion doesn't matter stupid j
                          https://twd.trenchwars.org/showgame/90112596

Retired after i dropped 24 kills and carry the team

wbduel Map Maker Legend

Comment

let me get online and see what is going on, sigh.

Comment

alright, have talked with some people and read this thread.

this rule has always been in the grey zone of what has been legal and illegal in terms of antiwarp usage and needs to be made clear. I feel that the use of antiwarp should be allowed unless it is being disruptive to the gameplay in a negative way (such as using antiwarp in safety zones) as it is still an important tool when chasing a LT or preventing a terrier from warping in a base match.

the issue here is that we have never made the rule clear and now some are confused about what is illegal and what is legal for a good reason. we are working on an announcement and will update the age-old rules list that is located in the top-left corner.

Comment

Originally posted by Turban View Post
                                alright, have talked with some people and read this thread.

this rule has always been in the grey zone of what has been legal and illegal in terms of antiwarp usage and needs to be made clear. I feel that the use of antiwarp should be allowed unless it is being disruptive to the gameplay in a negative way (such as using antiwarp in safety zones) as it is still an important tool when chasing a LT or preventing a terrier from warping in a base match.

the issue here is that we have never made the rule clear and now some are confused about what is illegal and what is legal for a good reason. we are working on an announcement and will update the age-old rules list that is located in the top-left corner.
                                +1

turban for president ban the rest of the mods
                                https://twd.trenchwars.org/showgame/90112596

Retired after i dropped 24 kills and carry the team

wbduel Map Maker Legend

Comment

Working...
                                X