Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Elim - current state and what to expect

Hi everyone,

This past month of elim has been rather enjoyable for most players because Elim has gotten some extra care and attention that it hasn't had in a while. The next reset will be 2 months from now, and will end on May 1, at 12am EST. Select staff members are capable of resetting player stats for the current reset if there is any suspected foulplay. For this particular month, I had to reset Healt's score for cheating. Further repercussions will be handled on a case-by-case basis, but will weigh heavily against the player(s) in being elligible for the playoff tournament. More on that in a bit.

Here are some updates that you will expect to see in this coming reset:
    1) Minimum deaths for all game types will be raised to 3 deaths. Any game type besides Wb and Jav will have a maximum of 5 deaths. Killraces will be taken off for any game type other than Wb and Jav.
    2) Documentation on the Elim webpage and/or Robo Ref concerning how Rating is calculated (no numbers, just a description)
    3) Medals are currently being designed for Elim purposes. Medals will be assigned to players in warbird and javelin who have:
    • Most Wins
    • Top Rating
    • Most Games Played
    • 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place in the playoff tournament

Medals will be temporary. You need to defend them to have them stay on your TWD profile. We will put the playoff tournament winners' names in Elim and/or the playoff tournament arenas.

4) Playoff tournament invitation will be conducted by inviting the top 32 players who have the most wins, not rating. Aliases will not be counted twice. The arenas that will be used are Javelim and Birdelim. These arenas are still being worked on. The bot for the warbird side still needs to be tested. The top 3 finalists will be given medals and their names will be on the Elim arena and/or the tournament arenas. The playoff tournament will be hosted on the closest Saturday or Sunday to the reset, depending on whether or not there are any other league events happening. I will have a handful of people that will be invited on top of the 32 in case any players do not show.

Updates that have been discussed and approved for implementation without a finite timeline:
    1) +1 deaths to lagouts
    2) Score display above radar exactly like in TWD

Ideas that are being played with at the moment:
    1) Auto-win at 25 or 30 kills. Will be removing killrace from even wb and jav events, and having a passive killrace in effect during regular elimination game types.

I asked everyone about usage requirements. We are currently not going to implement one, but if we are, it will be low. Probably around 36 hours.

Thanks to everyone for their input during this period. I asked many of you questions and I'm sure there'll be more to come in the future.
    ♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫
    Failure teaches success.

it's oh so easy to get huge rating with high res for wbs. what's that about?
    TWDTJ & TWDTB FINALIST 2019

Comment

Originally posted by Jones View Post
      it's oh so easy to get huge rating with high res for wbs. what's that about?
      We could begin talks about whether a res limit would be good for elim or not. We would either go with the current res limits that are being enforced for TWEL or leave it.
      ♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫
      Failure teaches success.

Comment

res limits = bad
        usage limits = good

id even go as far to say 36h not good enough, 48h better or even a whole week
        The above text is a personal opinion of an individual and is not representative of the statements or opinions of Trench Wars or Trench Wars staff.

SSCJ Distension Owner
        SSCU Trench Wars Developer

Last edited by Shaddowknight; Today at 05:49 AM. Reason: Much racism. So hate. Such ban. Wow.

Comment

The way I understand rating is that it depends on ave which depends on who you kill. So if I make an alias and rush someone with a good rank, it'll ruin their rank pretty quick. So you defo need an alias rule.

Comment

Please don't make a res limit for javelin elim!
            Captain of Blind

Comment

I love everything you're doing kim. This is what needed to be done. However, if your going to put names on the elim arena for "season playoff winners" they should be permanent medals, not temporary. I also feel you should award medals for most win/ratings permanently. What's that, 12 medals a season to go under the profile and not on the roster page? Why on earth would you remove them.

Also, what is the reason for people lagging out in twd and not getting a +1 and lagging out later then receiving a +1? I never understood the mechanics of that. Could explain please and will that be the same +1 system used in elim?

Also, could you please change the speccing for going out of base to +1 death?

Again, way to go stepping up and taking the reigns. Elim is fun again.
              1:waven> u challenge
              1:waven> if i challenge it looks too scary

Originally posted by MHz
              Hope you contract ebola from your, no doubt cheap, Easter Egg, you fucking shit-jav, pug-faced cunt.

Comment

Thoughts?
                1:waven> u challenge
                1:waven> if i challenge it looks too scary

Originally posted by MHz
                Hope you contract ebola from your, no doubt cheap, Easter Egg, you fucking shit-jav, pug-faced cunt.

Comment

Originally posted by Tiny View Post
                  I love everything you're doing kim. This is what needed to be done. However, if your going to put names on the elim arena for "season playoff winners" they should be permanent medals, not temporary. I also feel you should award medals for most win/ratings permanently. What's that, 12 medals a season to go under the profile and not on the roster page? Why on earth would you remove them.

Also, what is the reason for people lagging out in twd and not getting a +1 and lagging out later then receiving a +1? I never understood the mechanics of that. Could explain please and will that be the same +1 system used in elim?

Also, could you please change the speccing for going out of base to +1 death?

Again, way to go stepping up and taking the reigns. Elim is fun again.
                  Personally, I feel like the medals should be seen as something to defend because there are just too many elim resets when you compare it to other leagues, so I don't want to "race" against TWL medals and load up the page with it.

If the client removes you for lag, you don't get +1, but if the bot removes you, it does.

Zreqdf working on the +1 death addition to speccing/lagging out in Elim. I don't want to add the +1 death to go out of base because it encourages people to go out there and catch people off guard while they are coming up from spawn, which speaking of, needs to be changed.
                  ♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫
                  Failure teaches success.

Comment

What about new tilesets after each reset to maintain players interest in elim. I already made a set if you're interested but i'm still waiting on opinions:

Link: http://forums.trenchwars.org/showthr...520#post889520
                    1:Hece> iv done good A (amphetamine) many times and ppl say u cant get your dick up on it..my dick works on every chemical i have tried so far

Comment

if the medals weren't permanent I wouldn't be bothered to work for them tbh
                      TWL-J Season 11 Champion
                      TWL-J Season 21 Champion
                      TWL-B Season 21 Champion
                      TWL-B Season 22 Finalist
                      TWDT-D 2017 Champion
                      TWDT-J 2017 Champion

Comment

i'll do it for dd if i have to and twld certainly. if i have to go in and change res to play elim, the easy thing to do there would be to just continue to ignore elim.

1996 Minnesota State Pooping Champion

Comment

please add usage requirements asap, and make them as high as possible, sad to see people changing names/aliasing to rank
                          TWLJ Season 13 Runner Up (Boss)
                          TWLJ Season 15 Hit Allstar
                          TWDT-J 2012 Champ

TWDT-D 2014 Champ

Comment

I don't care if the res is capped or not. Usage limit is good. Intentionally trying to destroy someones rank is for some reason way easier now than in the past. Hard to monitor, people can deal with it.
                            Some thoughts:
                            1. WB area could be made smaller, refer to #vortex (this what it used to be before they changed the wb part because there were too many people playing. we dont have that problem now. the change isn't exactly big (literally)
                            2. make it reset every 2-3 months instead of just 1
                            bot & website
                            1. put some text at the end of the ranking site that explains these acronyms
                            2. instead of medals, let's think about achievements. probably in the end it would be nice to have 1 profile where you can check medals, achievements, twl scores etc. for all leagues in the same place. anyway achievements:
                            -highest kills in a single elim per reset
                            -KOs
                            -win/games ratio
                            -k/d ratio
                            -a picture of 2pacz if you spec for rec
                            -kills/games/etc. want to promote activity
                            -avg kills per 20 games (banzi comes to mind who averaged 17+)
                            basically, the rating shouldn't be the only thing you can shoot for

i have always loved elim, never been number 1 tho. Best i got was #3 or #4 me and burnt had an intense battle. the problem with the rating system is that it was better for my rating to go 8-2 vs a few newbies rather than going 25-10 vs a mix of good and bad people. this is why i'm suggesting achievement stuff.

oh and great work. stop killing me so much!

Comment

also, what is the highest amount of kills someone has gotten without dying? I have an old screenshot with blood at 31-0, he won that with 32-0 i think

Comment

Working...
                              X