Public Changes In Sight!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Recent pub changes

As mentioned in the news, some of the Pub changes went in during the last couple of days.

• !buy is back. Items can only be purchased from inside a Buy Zone (no more safe buying). These are located in the ears of mid and lower base. (Entire ear, not just where the tiny text says "BUY ZONE.") The items are also ... ちょっと高い. Bit expensive. And they have limits on how often you can use them, too. In other words, it makes it a lot more difficult to run the show by spending cash. Note that because there's no buy zone in FR, it's mostly just useful to assault base. Remains to be seen if these item costs are too high. Note: I'm working on several extra !buys of the special variety.
    • Also, because you can't !buy in safe anymore, LTs will need to risk coming into the base a bit to restock, scour the spawn for greens, etc. This is an attempt to balance their soon-returning L3.
    • Levi bombs now appear on radar for all ships. For the same reason as above. This used to be a standard setting for sharks, to allow them to rep the levi bombs, but the setting was not adjusted when bombs were moved to L2.
    • Resizeable public map has returned. You'll mostly only see this in effect on weekends or high-pop hours.

As for Levi, we've got some planned changes. Can check it out in ?go #bounty. Though I'm a little bit proud of the "glass cannon" concept for Levi (Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth players, as well as MMORPG players, will know this term ... it means to put out a lot of damage but not be able to take much, sort of your standard high DPS build) so while Bounty and I collaborated a lot on it I gotta take credit for that part. Maybe when it screws up pub and everyone is bitching endlessly about it over the next month I'll regret that. Basic idea of it is:
    • L3 bombs
    • 1040 energy. I don't have a reference to bullet damage on this system but this is either exactly L2 damage or very slightly above it. So a Levi at full either can't tank L2, or will only be able to just barely tank one shot. Lancs and other Levis getting more deadly. A spider that gets in close to an LT with anti can really ruin your day. But, hey, L3 again...
    • Bullet fire and multifire energy slightly increased from I believe 400 to 500. Sorry, doing this without access to my notes
    • I believe bomb fire energy is the same.
    • +1 repel, to make it 3. I know original levi had 4. Well, let's all finally admit it: original Levi was OP. It was balanced back in the day by the fact that there weren't a lot of great LTs with hundreds of hours of experience. Now LTs can just do a lot more with less. For example, rarely do levs TK eachother anymore. In part that's because of L2 (Lev on lev TKs are going to go way way up after this change). Still, an additional rep balances the fact that the store is now hard to access, and also provides more survivability both on and off a terr, which will be needed due to the lowered energy.
    • POSSIBLY max 2 ports, but starting with 1. Ports mostly just increase levi survivability in spawn before getting to safe, or when moving up the side of the base. This could make solo levi much more doable. Have to see how vulnerable the lowered energy makes them.
    • Other tweaks I may not know about.

The idea is to raise the skill ceiling on ship4 and ship4dep, but also make it more difficult to play overall. Have to see if this goal is accomplished by these changes...

Re: voting, we're looking into running more polls for changes, probably verified via twd login, as that already checks for aliases. As our community gets older, it just makes sense to move in the democratic direction. My sincere apologies for not doing that with everything. Trying to be as open about this stuff as possible. So far, reaction to the levi has been good, but we'll see when it actually goes in. Also, no reason we can't bring back small weasel again if most people want it that way. I always loved that cute little bastard.
    "You're a gentleman," they used to say to him. "You shouldn't have gone murdering people with a hatchet; that's no occupation for a gentleman."
    -Dostoevsky's Crime and Punishment

Comment

whoever agreed to making levis have stronger bombs should start playing pub more or step down. i understand why bounty wants them stronger as he likes to lt and kill everyone in base. this was fun years ago but with a dwindling population and a system that forces you to play base (!warp, killothons only register in the basing area and a forced spawn when the pub is low on players) lt's can just sit on top of the base now and rack up kills. I have seen what these bombs do. The energy arguement is also bullshit, any other ship in spawn can kill the lev with ease. it doesnt matter if it has 1000 energy or 2000, so dont list that as a compromise for lv3 bombs.

other than that, thanks for the great work you have put into this zone
      TWDTJ & TWDTB FINALIST 2019

Comment

Originally posted by Jones View Post
        whoever agreed to making levis have stronger bombs should start playing pub more or step down. i understand why bounty wants them stronger as he likes to lt and kill everyone in base. this was fun years ago but with a dwindling population and a system that forces you to play base (!warp, killothons only register in the basing area and a forced spawn when the pub is low on players) lt's can just sit on top of the base now and rack up kills. I have seen what these bombs do. The energy arguement is also bullshit, any other ship in spawn can kill the lev with ease. it doesnt matter if it has 1000 energy or 2000, so dont list that as a compromise for lv3 bombs.

other than that, thanks for the great work you have put into this zone
        We will save the current settings before setting new ones, so if it's deemed completely gameplay breaking we can revert back.

The levis will become more ineffective the more players there is in public, as with the resizable base there will be a cover for flagroom from the sides.
        In addition to that, players can buy a roofturret once again to protect them from that side.

We will see...
        3:Wax> ard and i snapchat all the time
        3:Wax> we play virtually tummysticks
        3:i.d.> da fk is that?
        3:Ardour> we basically are each others personal psychologist
        3:Shadowmere> i.d., Wax breaks keyboards playing SubSpace. Best not ask him what anything is.
        3:Wax> Tummy sticks is the situation, commonly referred to as a game, in which two erect men cuddle closely and face-to-face causing their two erect penises, or sticks, to push upwards between their stomachs, or tummys.
        3:Wax> Sticks combine with tummys, hence the name "tummy sticks."
        3:Shadowmere> LOL
        3:i.d.> Oddly, that's close to what I thought it was...

Best> I never cooked a day in my life

Deft> beat by a guy who plays ss on his cellphone
        Shadowmere> Rofl
        Up in ya !> With his feet
        Deft> no kidding, redefining l44t
        Up in ya !> l44t feet
        Deft> l44t f44t*
        Up in ya !> Twinkle toes
        Deft> he had l33t f33t but he practiced

Comment

TO the LEVI code

Awwww shit Bounty!!!!!!!!! my old friend!!!!

sigpic

Im gonna slash and gash, rip another hole in your ass.
          I'll smear blood on the walls and then play
          tennis with your balls, and if the phone rings dont answer the caLL.
          im gonna slit yo throat, fuk u like a goat
          i'LL rip yo fore skin off and make a winter coat. PEACE!

Comment

Big bomb AND fucking !buying again?

Why was the resizing base removed in the first place?

Comment

Lol Raver, where do you find all that kind of stuff?
              3:kyler> who r u btw i keep wanting to ask people "who is 45th pres" but someone gonna say "trump"
              3:45th President> do it
              kyler> who is 45th President
              nah> donald j trump

Downfall> Shoutout to forwards for randomly giving gunsmith results that made no sense and just made things harder

Jacklyn> holster is the thing that holds/carry the gun

Comment

i searched kthx computer

she is putting them away so this is ok
                sigpic

Im gonna slash and gash, rip another hole in your ass.
                I'll smear blood on the walls and then play
                tennis with your balls, and if the phone rings dont answer the caLL.
                im gonna slit yo throat, fuk u like a goat
                i'LL rip yo fore skin off and make a winter coat. PEACE!

Comment

I think Lev is way too over powered! Obviously, I get that people who play LT like it... but if it has to have L3 bombs then it could at least spawn with fewer items...
                  Since it's public I don't think you should limit the number of a certain ship per freq or anything like that, but having many of these levis at the same time killing everyone including it's own team all the time doesn't really make pub more enjoyable for the rest of us. And to hunt an LT you need a spider for anti-warp, a terr to chase it and a third ship to shoot it.
                  I like pie.

Comment

Originally posted by Mite View Post
                    I think Lev is way too over powered! Obviously, I get that people who play LT like it... but if it has to have L3 bombs then it could at least spawn with fewer items...
                    Since it's public I don't think you should limit the number of a certain ship per freq or anything like that, but having many of these levis at the same time killing everyone including it's own team all the time doesn't really make pub more enjoyable for the rest of us. And to hunt an LT you need a spider for anti-warp, a terr to chase it and a third ship to shoot it.
                    they can make it so people have to !BUY the superlev for it to work they need to get to the buy zone for the upgrade makes sense.
                    https://twd.trenchwars.org/showgame/90112596

Retired after i dropped 24 kills and carry the team

wbduel Map Maker Legend

Comment

Working...
                    X