X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

why are basing games always 8 on 8 or less

i want a 16 on 16 basing game, do it now

Comment

Re: Re: What do you think of this basing event?

Originally posted by geekbot
      Just played ?go extreme. It's sort of different than Jason's original idea but that's okay, it was pretty fun. Too much warping the terr and the team around would break up the flow of the action. My $0.02-

Map: The map needs more hiding places for the terr. Part of the excitement of the FR battle is the team trying to push out of the ear, tube, or a corner and the team forming a meat shield (TM) around the terr. Also the current map is sort of divided into halves where the teams attack each other from over or under the flag. The ?go extreme map is too wide open and should have some harder passages which are alternate attack routes (like under the flag is for the normal base).

Terr: The terrier is sort of useless since you don't need to depend on it to get around. The action in ?go extreme doesn't center around the terrier at all. I'd rather have this: all players spawn in an area outside of the closed FR. Only the terrier spawns in the ears so if anyone wants to get into the FR, they have to attach first. That brings back the meat shield effect and the focus on the terrier. Otherwise, if a terrier is trapped in a tough spot there is no need to protect the terr- just go directly for the flag, if the terr dies, it's ok.

These ideas are to make ?go extreme more like the extended FR battle idea. If there's some other goals for the map, that's cool, please share. I think extreme will be a fun game. gj Jason, castro, dimboy. More basing!
      You basically summed up my thoughts on the matter. I need to talk to Dimboy and Ari about tweaking the map/settings a bit. We'll get the kinks worked out of ?go extreme sooner or later.
      jasonofabitch loves!!!!

Comment

More ideas:

Holes in the FR so a jav can fire in from outside.

Terr has a longer spawn timer to increase the "penalty" of losing a terr. If different spawn timers for terr aren't possible, spawn the terr outside base and warp to ear after 5 seconds. This gives sharks a chance to attach but also gives the other team time to surrond the ear and attack before the terr can react.

So the opposite idea is- terr has 0 spawn timer and instantly appears in the ear after it dies.

Comment

lol it would be great to spawn other team all over again when they are spawnwarped into ear
          Mirror <ZH> omg it shark
          Mirror <ZH> this sucks
          Server> dont worry mirror
          Server> shark fits your tits
          Peace <ZH>> shut up
          Peace <ZH>> i do not apperciate you talking to my girlfriend in that manner

i.d.> Teach me how to not choke
          Witness> well first you put it in your mouth ... but not to long

1:Hercules> ghoul
          1:Hercules> im level 90
          1:Hercules> in 9d
          1:Hercules> bought a char off ebay
          1:Hercules> cost me $50 but was worth it

Comment

The idea of the terr warping into the ear when he touches the flag is neat.. the terr can use that instead of wasting a portal sometimes.

However, I don't like the idea of warping the dead terr back into the ear.. I think this game would get boring really fast because there's no payoff to killing the enemy terr, unless you do the rounds, like somebody suggested.

it might be cooler if you warped him on top of the bar underneath the enterance.. you'd have to reset sharks every time the terr died though, to make sure they can't mine that spot up... and instead of increasing hte terr's timer, you can eliminate it.. warp him instantly so nobody has time to set up and tee off on him, and a lot of times he could run back into fr before a lot of people even realized he died.. but if he doesn't make it.. they have to enter the traditional way, but it'll be easier because if the terr dies, he just warps back out instantly to that bar.

Yeah, that sounds like more fun to me.
            http://www.trenchwars.org/forums/showthread.php?t=15100 - Gallileo's racist thread

"Mustafa sounds like someone that likes to fly planes into buildings." -Galleleo

Comment

Ew eared teams, neverending milking and warpbacks on mines...
              I like flagroombattles, no more javs. I think this isn't really a good idea, but some people might love it. And probably can be alot of fun. It's also a good practice situation.
              You ate some priest porridge

Comment

When I was about 8 years old, me and my brother had a big bag of Combos (for those of you who don't know, they're pretzels filled with fake cheese stuff). Obviously, the cheese stuff is the best part, so we decided to eat all of the pretzels, and save the cheese stuff. When we were finished, we had no more pretzels, and a golf ball-sized chunk of the cheese shit. You ever try eating that cheese shit without the pretzels? It's nasty.

That's what I think you're creating here. sure, FR battles are the best part of basing, but you need the fight into enterance, and everything else leading up to that in order for it to be fun.
                http://www.trenchwars.org/forums/showthread.php?t=15100 - Gallileo's racist thread

"Mustafa sounds like someone that likes to fly planes into buildings." -Galleleo

Comment

sounds like it would get repetative and boring, there won't be much teamwork involved other than just swarming an ear and spraying spider bullets everywhere.
                  I agree.

Comment

Working...
                  X