Public Basing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Public Basing

How many of us really go public basing anymore? I haven't seen many expecialy people who play elim.. I have started to get back in the groove of it. What do you guys think about the weasils.. to small? not enough recharge? lame?... I was just wundering because they changed it a little while ago.. I like it because they can sneak up real well and they can hide in spots no body can hit with an easy shot..

1:delta> personally, i would not go to war for oil
    1:FarScape> in age of empires you would
    1:Freeze> LOL FAR
    ---
    5:waven> freeze
    5:waven> no one talks to ease directly
    5:waven> you state your business with sanji
    5:waven> he will relay it to phizey
    5:waven> phizey will relay it to me
    5:waven> and i will talk to ease
    5:Freeze> LOL
    5:waven> that's how things work around here
    --
    1:renzi> freeze theres difference between being wasted and being a waste

There is a thread about the weasel, use the find(search?) option and look it up/read it.
    There once was a man from Nantucket.

Comment

There's only Public Basing for 2 days a month.

(this thread doesn't belong here either, moved to SSCU Trench Wars)

Comment

Well to be honest I play in pub a lot. I like to get on a priv freq and conquer the base with a jav or a bird. Sometimes I have one or two friends joining in to hold the base for long amounts of time.

It's pretty fun, until the arena turns into a levterr mania. Or, when you're playing alone and actually managed to conquer the base, there are suddenly 4-5 cloakers around.

I really hate the new cloakers, there's only one good thing about it (as Arilou mentioned), and that is that they encourage players to jump in a terr. Although it's not likely they will ever base, but rather go out and hunt the millions of cloakers out there.

Comment

Ice Storm, actually some ELIM people go into pub to relax or practice or gloat..heh..

Even leage'er squads go in there... like I noticed lately, Paladen goes in their (all on 1 freq) and take the base and hold it for a very long time. I guess they use it for practice or just for fun... but I call it Squad Public Basing Supremecy..heh..

It is extremely interesting to see a well organized squad take on another freq full of newberts. The newbert freq is completely chaotic and without hardly any coordination or strategy. All they do is rush into base with misc ships, try to kill and thats it.
          Faced with these odds, there is not much I can do, but just try my best and hope some good players are on the freq that I'm on.

Comment

Thanks

Thank you myth, I have got a lot of good points out of what you said. Meet up with me sometime i would like to own publics with you for fun. And those levs are very annoying.. It seems i can't stay in base for 3 minutes with out a lev killing me. But thats how it has always been. Hey wise thanks for the advise, and it does suck being on a team with people that dont have ne organization but atleast its challenging and not boring.

---
            --

Comment

80% of the time I play pub, using shark. I find it more fun that
              base because there are many different ships fighting for flag, and it can be real chaos at times. Sometimes when pub basing, and some new player needs some help, I help them out. I like helping the newer players, telling them how to use the ships effectively etc (especially shark ). Probably why I enjoyed <ZH> so much hehe.

If there is no real basing, I go on a private freq, lay three mines in the main tube and go try take base myself.
              "What is it? Um . . . what do you want it to be?" ?€”Juzba, Izzet tinker
              • Shark
              • Dicer
              • Sager
              • Trench Wars Map Uploader

Comment

The problem with that is when people refuse to listen to you, even though you clearly know what you're doing.

I've been known to get confrontational and bossy when I pub, but that's because I play with intensity. A lot of people get it into their heads that, because it's pub, you don't have to try, or things aren't as important as elim, league or sub-game play.

EDIT: Pub sharks rule. It's always fun killing people who underestimate you because you're in a "useless shark".

Comment

what do i think about pubs?

i think they could be a lot better. a pub is a place for both individual and team play. cloakers help ruin the individual aspect, and levis help ruin the team aspect.

ive said it before and ill say it again, there is no god damn skill in lobbing a fuckin bomb across the radar at a wall and watching blue.. and yellow.. dots turn into green. i dont give a shit what these diehard levis say, it takes jack shit skill. skill isnt even what is at hand here. even if they are bad dumb lt's they still ruin gameplay cause they keep on coming back. keeping LT's a part of the game for the sole reason that they require skill (which they dont) would automatically make everyone their bitch, because everyone would simply become a tool in the LT's excercising its so called skill. lting only takes a small amount of knowledge of shots and the ability to warp out of trouble. even if it did take skill it would still be fuckin lame.. always ruining whatever goes on in base. ALWAYS. seriously a good fight will never ever last more than 10 minutes.

kind of sad really. it is necesarry to keep newbies "on a leash" i suppose, and the levi lets any old newbie cause massive destruction. fuck, often vets lt and the concept is just as bad. this isnt motherfuckin chaos svs, this is a basing and dueling zone.. not a go around trying to destroy the supership zone.

one levi can ruin an arena. i think that weekdays should be pure basing settings without the fucked up ship fuckin leviathon and every weekend should enable levis and lt's, so as to appease the newbies and lamers. its really sad what they do to the quality of gameplay for others. when we speak out for something to be done they bitch and whine and say stuff like "we love haters, they only make kills more juicy" and it is fucking true. they know they annoy us, and thats part of the reason they love to lt.

everyone knows these settings are fucked up. especially people in other zones. ask them why they hate tw, and they will probably say too many newbies running around in overpowered and lame levis. and cloakers that you dont even have a chance to fight before you're dead. pop, out of nowhere... hey! that took skill! i cant really say that it was my fault that i dead like i should be able to, but thats trenchwars for you!

i would like to see a day where all the levi haters get together, and fly around tking every levi in sight. i tk a levi in a jav and its all "$^&@%# DAMN TKER". thats a great feeling.. release from all the abuse. um yeah, my point was that this zone could easily be a lot better at the mere expense of a few lamers and newbies (die hard levis and cloakers). losers.
                  Last edited by za gophar; 06-27-2003, 02:56 AM.
                  Ripper>cant pee with a hard on
                  apt>yes u can wtf
                  apt>you need to clear the pipes after a nice masturbation
                  apt>i just put myself in a wierd position
                  apt>so i dont miss the toilet
                  Ripper>but after u masterbaition it usually goes down
                  apt>na
                  apt>ill show you pictures
                  apt>next time I masturbate

Comment

Troll King: It doesn't bother me if people don't listen to me. They can take the advice or not. Not all players will listen to you, they may wanna learn for themselves or what have you.

I try to relax when I play pub. I only go into an intense mode, when I play ?go base because people pick you and expect you to play well and not mess around.

"EDIT: Pub sharks rule. It's always fun killing people who underestimate you because you're in a "useless shark"."

So true.
                    • Shark
                    • Dicer
                    • Sager

Comment

To be honest pub is fine the way it is.

You have two choices of basing: One without LTs and levis in ?go base, and basing in pub with numerous LTs and levis. I wish people would quit whining about levis. Yes sure levis ruin basing, but in pub it is a team effort of the frequency to keep them at bay, which may require wbs frequently scouting roof.

Yes levis may be lame, but they are part of the zone. In pub you also see alot of people calling lancasters, lamecasters or what have you, or people calling cloakers cowards. If you do not like the pub settings, nothing is preventing you from not playing. Other ships also get alot of abuse for being "lame". But not much is done to change them.

Have you ever considered that DoCK> and Priitk don't care if Trench Wars is a skillful or non-skillful zone. TWs has nearly twice the pop of players than the next zone nearly all the time.

People find LTing fun, hell I used to LT. I used to duel too. (Off topic, hehe). Measures have been done to reduce levis and Lts effectivenes, but complete eradication of the levi will probably never happen.
                      • Shark
                      • Dicer
                      • Sager

Comment

I like to pub a lot, that's mostly cuz i'm not good enough for any events except trivia. Only very seldom i'm in a pub where there really is a battle for the base, but most times i'm not. When 'good' basing I don't really care about levis and cloakers. But when there is no good fight and I go screwing around on a private freq, then the levis and cloakers are VERY annoying. Especially when I screw a lot around and happen to conquer the base on my own or with 1 or 2 others.
                        But I don't think it should be changed the way it is now, because the way a pub goes differs from time to time.
                        Just one think i hate about the new weasels is that they are 1 piece.
                        Menno is a 1337 lamer! (5:0)

Comment

You can't go wrong in pubs

You can't go wrong in pubs most of the ships are fun no matter what they are. I usually play jav terr or shark. Because they are the most common and it doesnt take long to get a kill. Levs could be better but usually you get atleast 4 kills then your dead and have to start all over again.
                          Lancasters in my opinion take way to long to recharge.
                          WB is fun but you can only shoot straight at them which i dont really like that much unless i am in the a open spot (spawning area). I only use pubs for relaxing also. I just sit there wait until someone passes me and i shoot them ..very simple and also very relaxing. After playing a league match or elim its good to go in there. I still think it would be cool if we could have bots for pubs because we could ask the bot !bounty or !score etc see who has the highest and if we really wanted to get into it we could ask the bot !bestflagtime which i think would be awesome. But that probably wont happen for a couple years.

---
                          --

Comment

As someone once said, the Trench Wars ship settings are in an equilibrium.

In addition, Trench Wars is the most popular zone in subspace not becasue of its leagues or the friendliness of the players, but the versitility of one's ship choice. Each ship offers an aspect to the game that no other ship can. If one ship is taken out completely, not only will the ship equilibrium that Trench Wars is known for fall apart, but also our population. People come to Trench Wars to find a vast variety of ship choice, and finding one that they specifically like. Taking out one ship will in fact, cut out one eight of tw population theoretically.

Each ship plays a role in the Trench Wars enviorment. One could argue that the leviathan and the weasle are two of the easiest ships to fly, thus letting new players take a role in a public arena. Evenutally, they will back away from those ships and turn to more challenging ones. There are, in a few cases, people who stay with those two ships throughout their Trench Wars playing, These people are an exception and if you have been playing long enough know that if they are in an arena that you want to base in, you should leave.

In sum, SSCU Trench Wars offers a dynamic ship choice in which no other zone in Subspace offers. Taking out one ship in its entirty will completely destroy the equilibrium that we are so greatful of and destroy our population.
                            2:STOMPA> my room mate just used my scissors to open her food. those are the scissors i use to trim my pubes

Mamamia! Save the princess Left_eye from the big and fat browser Yojo! ?go MARIO to play it. -nanas <ZH>
                            9:trashed> LOL YOJ
                            9:ph <ER>> LOL FAT BROWSER YOJO
                            9:ph <ER>> OH GOD I SPIT MY WATER EVERYWHERE
                            We need more people here! Yojo? is too fat and 10 isnt enough to life him up. ?go mario -Nanas <ZH>

alinea> if your penis wasn't so big, I coulda cleared it in one rep

Comment

i used to love pub... and i still enjoy priv freqing and taking it over...if people are basing

but i usually only go these days to warm up in my terr.....

and ill go on a priv freq by myself and attack the flagroom alone...

gets the ole reflexes working hehe

Women will never be equal to men until they can walk down the street with a bald head and a beer gut, and still think they are sexy.

Comment

Working...
                              X