randomized selection ?go base

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• randomized selection ?go base

I'd like to start off by saying FUCK YOU TOO to everyone in advance that is going to use name calling to respond to this.
    ==========================================

Short Story Long:
    certain people that are not well known in ?go base do not get picked, or for other reasons people do not get picked. Main reason I am bringing this up is because the few times I cap I am faced with the decision to let someone new try a game (who i dont know) or let Eggs R Evil play (random person i know), and the obvious choice I would make is for Eggs R Evil.

Maybe you base operator people guys should make ?go base a random selection for 4/5 games or so, just so people can get a taste of what basing is all about. I try to get people to base in pubs, but most of the time it is useless, if people are asked to come to ?go base and then they actually get to play, they may like it. but the problem is, people go into the pubs and spam for people to come to ?go base when the arena is low, then "jonny_3232" comes in and sits there waiting to be picked but Eggs R Evil is picked instead.

Maybe there could be changes done to the bot so 8 people are selected to each team, then the captains have to assign each person to each ship, that way people will get to play different ships too. If a person wants to be subbed or if they are not there then the cap can change them still like it is now.
    =========================================

Long Story Short:
    Can we at least pleeeeeeeaase have the odd randomized game in ?go base just to see if it works?

People that hate me or whatever please think of the game here and how it can be effected by changes, please do not focus on my idiocy.

I hate you but i don't hate your idea
    There once was a man from Nantucket.

Comment

good example adman, but we all know you love me.

Comment

I don't like it.

Everyone wants to play, but nobody wants to take the time to learn a ship before they jump in.

Shark is the ship that I'm best at.. I've tried to teach countless people how to shark, because there's always a shortage of good people who actually want to shark, but nobody's interested in learning, every asshole that just started yesterday already thinks he's the best.

Give me someone who's willing to learn, and that person will get to play
        http://www.trenchwars.org/forums/showthread.php?t=15100 - Gallileo's racist thread

"Mustafa sounds like someone that likes to fly planes into buildings." -Galleleo

Comment

1. People I know I know because they play alot and know how to play
          2. People I pick are people I think are nice and good otherwise I couldn't stand playing with them
          3. New people I do not know and so I don't know if they gonna stick around for 20 minutes
          4. I can't flame people I don't know when they leave halfway a game.
          5. People that ask nicely if they can play and prove themselves worthy can expect my support.
          6. I wouldn't pick you MoG

People don't wanna put up with people that don't know how to play a game, when you pick a team with alot of 'newbies' the people who DO know how to play get mad, disappointed or leave.
          When a team is good enough to carry a weaker player I will add someone I don't know that asks to play.
          Last edited by Zerzera; 06-27-2003, 05:43 PM.
          You ate some priest porridge

Comment

good points

Comment

beez teach me to shark.
              There once was a man from Nantucket.

Comment

The way to get started in ?go base is to get picked by a friend when they are a cap. That's how I got started in private basing. I never got picked for the first 4-5 games I sat there, until a friend of mine got to cap, and picked me. Once people see that you know what you're doing, you're going to get picked more.

I'm not too sure if I like the idea of random basing games. Most of the time, there are only 2-3 people in the arena that have never played before, anyways. Plus, it would just piss people off. I guess the only way this would work is if it was determined by voting, something like the way the elim arenas work.
                sdg

Comment

Re: randomized selection ?go base

Originally posted by Machine of God
                  Maybe you base operator people guys should make ?go base a random selection for 4/5 games or so, just so people can get a taste of what basing is all about. I try to get people to base in pubs, but most of the time it is useless, if people are asked to come to ?go base and then they actually get to play, they may like it. but the problem is, people go into the pubs and spam for people to come to ?go base when the arena is low, then "jonny_3232" comes in and sits there waiting to be picked but Eggs R Evil is picked instead.
                  With this point you're essentially saying that you'd like to see some new faces in ?go base.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but one of the main tenets of private basing was that players with experiance could play other players with experiance and have a good game without having to worry about (and I hate using this term) newbies asking mindless questions and whining about changing ship.

And again, correct me if I'm wrong, but one of the main tenets of public basing is for learning to play the game correctly and getting a taste of what Trench Wars is about. So why mess with it?
                  5:royst> i was junior athlete of the year in my school! then i got a girlfriend
                  5:the_paul> calculus is not a girlfriend
                  5:royst> i wish it was calculus

1:royst> did you all gangbang my gf or something

1:fermata> why dont you get money fuck bitches instead

Comment

Originally posted by bloodzombie

Shark is the ship that I'm best at.. I've tried to teach countless people how to shark, because there's always a shortage of good people who actually want to shark, but nobody's interested in learning, every asshole that just started yesterday already thinks he's the best.
                    I've taught plenty of people that now play ?go base how to shark. They just have to know you're willing to teach them. They only knew I was because of RB.

Comment

I played pub for about a year and I learned nothing because I didnt even know that you had to go to base. With all the spawning and roofing and leviterring I couldnt really see the point of going up that magical hallway to the bright blue orb.

I joined a few newb squads where getting base was kind of a novelty, but until I joined Floydians and actually learned what basing was in actual basing games, I had no idea.

So the pubs that we have don't really teach basing, for the most part they teach how to ruin or avoid basing.

Well maybe opening up ?go base to a more broad playing field wouldnt be the best idea because all the experienced people dont want to share the fun I guess. Which leads back to this zone's need of a public pure basing arena. The whole point of this zone is to go into base and take the flag and keep it, but if you watch a public arena you can see that there are major problems with the settings that are not being dealt with.

Comment

i like it the way it is... its kind of rewarding to make your way to the top amidst much adversity. i knew i had to do this when i got to know the way the heirerarchy of the game worked. my strategy was to win as many hosted events as possible so people would see my name often and it seemed to work well (this is why im so fucking good at ?go balance). that was some of the best fun ive had in subspace, climbing my way up the ladder. anyone meant to be a good baser will eventually become known as one, amidst many games of not being picked
                        Ripper>cant pee with a hard on
                        apt>yes u can wtf
                        apt>you need to clear the pipes after a nice masturbation
                        apt>i just put myself in a wierd position
                        apt>so i dont miss the toilet
                        Ripper>but after u masterbaition it usually goes down
                        apt>na
                        apt>ill show you pictures
                        apt>next time I masturbate

Comment

You could always pick your own specialty ships, and leave the spiders for randomizing.
                          ♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫
                          Failure teaches success.

Comment

Originally posted by Kim Eugene
                            You could always pick your own specialty ships, and leave the spiders for randomizing.
                            then you get idiot campings spiders and/or idiot spiders who move out of the way of bombs to let them hit their terr.

things are fine as they are right now:
                            pub is a place to learn what the ships do.
                            hosted basing (blizzard, boki, etc) is a place for newbies and vets to learn to work together in the rhythm of true basing.
                            private basing is a place for experienced basers to play against other experienced basers.

if you want to solve the problem of not seeing enough new faces in ?go base, the best solution would be to have more hosted basing events to help those newbies get experience and show that they have what it takes to get picked in private basing.
                            plopp> im not a newbie ok!! im a butterfly waiting to come out of his coon!

Comment

I would love to learn how to shark, because well I really stink at it.
                              ()_()
                              (0.o)
                              (")(")

Comment

Working...
                              X