randomized selection ?go base

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ZeUs!!
    Perhaps instead of having one shagged up match out of 5, make it mandatory to pick one newer guy for every match. Saying that, theres no way of enforcing it
    Some sort of usage thingy majig?
    EvoLd> Roboqueen died again?
    cool koen> :)
    PRiMORDiAL> pfft
    cool koen> not because of a bug
    EvoLd> Lol
    Treachery> meh
    EvoLd> why then?
    PubAceR> women in power dont last
    EvoLd> LOl
    toaster oven reviews

Comment

Putting a usuage on ?go base is a bad idea I think. It discourages new players to stick around and watch knowning that they need 25 more hours to go before they can play, which is bad because as many have already stated is needed in order to get an idea of how games are played, how ships are handled, ect. It also promotes leaving people afk in private arenas so they can meet the requirements, therefore doing nothing but waste bandwidth. I agree with what Yojo and Gerbil said, as it's patience, and watching. After watching a few games, you can have an idea as to what ships are played, how they are played and who can play what. This is good as I suggest then being captain. Impressions are a key at ?go base so know the matchbot commands, and since you have watched a few games you sort of have an idea what people play.

edit:errors
      Last edited by Arc-lite; 06-29-2003, 01:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Kim Eugene
        However, as a majority (yes i'm generalizing) of players are capable of doing SOME damage in the spider and not team killing
        This is probably not generalizing. Ive been picked twice so far in ?go base (I dont go there often, no biggie.), both as a spider, and got MVP twice, without actually going for it - and spider is not really my kinda ship!

My thought about this: anyone with some will have the potential to kick ass in a spider.
        Bilange> i love getting repped
        Bilange> i said repped, not raped :X
        ----
        Sending priority 'mail' to weasels and levs since 1999.

Comment

Originally posted by bloodzombie
          I don't like it.

Everyone wants to play, but nobody wants to take the time to learn a ship before they jump in.

Shark is the ship that I'm best at.. I've tried to teach countless people how to shark, because there's always a shortage of good people who actually want to shark, but nobody's interested in learning, every asshole that just started yesterday already thinks he's the best.

Give me someone who's willing to learn, and that person will get to play
          scuzzy sureshot.
          Mayo Inc. - We should change god's name to "Tod"... see if there's any followers. - Mattey

Comment

PICK ME next time for your ?go base game. I'm a l33t shark@
            ♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫
            Failure teaches success.

Comment

arc is right, usage is a bad idea. So they'll just go back to pub for a few hours before they can play.. that doesn't mean they know any more than they did 10 hours ago.
              http://www.trenchwars.org/forums/showthread.php?t=15100 - Gallileo's racist thread

"Mustafa sounds like someone that likes to fly planes into buildings." -Galleleo

Comment

Working...
              X