?go art guessing game thingy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ?go art guessing game thingy

Melo is currently hosting this game in ?go art where someone draws a picture and everyone has to guess what it is, there is a game called isketch that bluedandy showed me that is pretty similar.

Someone smart make a bot for it now, NOW I SAY!

This game is really fun but the only problem is we have to pm our answers to melo (who probably gets his screen flooded out), I think if you changed the trivia bot around a little it would probably be pretty easy to set up a sketchbot or something.

Let's see, the person who is drawing get messaged by the bot like in a Hunt format, while the spectators pm the bot with the answer. Since it is in this format, there may as well be a guess limit, i'd say around 10
    ♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫
    Failure teaches success.

Comment

by the way, there needs to be a temperary *shutup done to the person drawing so they dont tell people the answer

Comment

what if the correct answer is one thing and what the person tells the bot is basically the same thing but the bot doesnt know this?
        Ripper>cant pee with a hard on
        apt>yes u can wtf
        apt>you need to clear the pipes after a nice masturbation
        apt>i just put myself in a wierd position
        apt>so i dont miss the toilet
        Ripper>but after u masterbaition it usually goes down
        apt>na
        apt>ill show you pictures
        apt>next time I masturbate

Comment

i dont know, same as trivia i guess, i dont know how that works

Comment

Hmm, does the bot have the ability to silence in private chats as well? Because if it can't, it kind of ruins the purpose.
            ♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫
            Failure teaches success.

Comment

Yes, any moderator can. With the follow commands (source: Shanky.com/server):

*lockteam = locks team messages (the " ones)
              *lockprivate = locks private messages (the / and :: ones)
              *lockpublic = locks public messages (good for no-blue matches)
              *lockchat = locks chat messages (the ; type)
              *lockall = locks all messages (public, priv, etc)
              Greets,
              Roger

Comment

EXCEPT knowing the average age in trench wars CaptainWarbird12 (12 being his age) will get Cream Pie as his and draw a pair of breasts.
                The only TWO TIME TWLJ All-Star and TWLB All-Star who never played a game.

Originally posted by Richard Creager
                All space detectives come armed with tcp/ip persona blasting pistols, it's required for their line of duty. Silly of both maisoul and goddess to not know this before hand, they get what they deserved, fucking zapped, bitches.

Comment

[/b]I thought about that too, many times...
                  But it would be too dificult to make a bot do a specific answer... Because there're many words that can describe a single object, for example someone draws a radio, someone will pm the bot with boombox... It will be wrong, so, there must be a way to tell the bot which answers to accept, if the game is made the way you're saying.
                  The whole point of the game would be ruined if someone talks in private chat and tells answer, right? Well, what stops a player from picking up the phone and calling his friend? the game will have to rely on the players integrity...
                  So silencing the chats would only be of nuisance.

I was thinking of the game Pictionary, where there are 2 teams and each team has time to guess what the team's representitive is drawing, like... The bot will decide what the player has to draw, and then the team has time to guess, once the correct guess has been given the team recieves points according to how much time it took them to guess it. (the bot would have to have a huge list of things to draw, otherwise frequent players would have advantage).

Other Art idea I've had is to make a event hosted daily in which each player draws 1 drawing and recieves points from several judges (3-5), the top 3 players will be those with best avereges... This can be hosted weekly/daily and have the results posted on a site or something similar.

Well, anyway, I think it's worth a try, just neeed to decide on how the bot will be built and how the game will be played.
                  ~>.<~
                  Never argue with an idiot, he'll take you down to his level,
                  then beat you with experience.:rolleyes:

They called it PMS because Mad Cow Disease was taken.

My lame site...

Comment

Wark did this awhile ago, it was Pictionary. Everyone in spec would try and guess what the answer was in the pub chat, while the person drawing pm'ed what it was to Wark.

Good times. I won
                    "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro."
                    -Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

KontroLz> afk, enema
                    Oen Izan> yes I am , buy a me a happy meal , you score :X
                    Oen Izan> you know I dont do one night stands
                    Oen Izan> cuz if ya puttin out , I am coming back

Comment

Originally posted by FatherG
                      Wark did this awhile ago, it was Pictionary. Everyone in spec would try and guess what the answer was in the pub chat, while the person drawing pm'ed what it was to Wark.

Good times. I won
                      That's not Pictionary, that's what they host in Art because they are lame, some guy draws a line and everyone spams answer, the person who gets the right guess wins, and half the time people are drawing idiotic/sexual content drawings.
                      Never argue with an idiot, he'll take you down to his level,
                      then beat you with experience.:rolleyes:

They called it PMS because Mad Cow Disease was taken.

My lame site...

Comment

Originally posted by Condrop
                        I thought about that too, many times...
                        But it would be too dificult to make a bot do a specific answer... Because there're many words that can describe a single object, for example someone draws a radio, someone will pm the bot with boombox... It will be wrong, so, there must be a way to tell the bot which answers to accept, if the game is made the way you're saying.
                        The main reasons for using a bot are for:
                        1. Impartial judgement
                        2. Automated play

You won't get these advantages for nothing, you'll pay via disadvantages such as that you mentioned.

You are right, radio, boombox mean the same thing. However ?go trivia goes like that too, and it works out in the end. You just have to add a little more effort as a player to pm the bot with the most usual dictionary word, just think of the most sensible answer. If boombox doesn't work, okay, try radio after in the next few seconds. If the only word you know that describes a radio is 'boombox' then you deserve to lose anyway.

The whole point of the game would be ruined if someone talks in private chat and tells answer, right? Well, what stops a player from picking up the phone and calling his friend? the game will have to rely on the players integrity...
                        ~>.<~ [/B]
                        Same as trivia.. people can cheat.. questions get googled to death I'm sure. but it ends up okay at the end somehow. Got to admit though, phoning someone takes a lot of effort for such little gain, unless you know each other intimately already. There's also using MSN AIM ICQ for much less effort but I think people won't be bothered and find playing the game genuinely fun anyway.

Comment

One more thing, faster this bot gets implemented, the less time people will have to think about obscure ways of cheating.

Comment

i miss trivia

tho i think pictionary is awesome, i had so much fun when goddess hosted it (a couple o moths ago i think...)

Comment

Originally posted by Nickname
                              EXCEPT knowing the average age in trench wars CaptainWarbird12 (12 being his age) will get Cream Pie as his and draw a pair of breasts.
                              Easily, just report him, and a mod can come and kick him
                              ♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫
                              Failure teaches success.

Comment

Working...
                              X