• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

if it's not broken, why fix it.

-RR

Comment

Originally posted by Stabwound
      Wow, that's some good reasoning. Thanks; you completely changed my mind on the subject.
      i know, i'm good at stuff like this.
      www.10100.org

Comment

Just because you are used to the current shark setting, it does not mean it's right. I mean come on why the heck every other ships can get a 1:1 w:l if they are good, but sharks have to endure the under 1:2 rec?
        Wont die, no surrender 2

Comment

I often wish I had bullets when in shark, I get harassed by a spider I could easily kill if only... But that is just not sharks purpose. It's more a defender of the team, and the spiders of the team should take advantage to kill the spider while I "distract" it.
          Using the repel and bomb/mine a shark can sometimes kill a spider in 1 on 1.

A short rocket on the shark would be funny. Shark allready has a very high acceleration, so the only difference would be that you don't lose all your energy when you rocket.
          You ate some priest porridge

Comment

Originally posted by TelC@t
            Just because you are used to the current shark setting, it does not mean it's right. I mean come on why the heck every other ships can get a 1:1 w:l if they are good, but sharks have to endure the under 1:2 rec?

1:1 is ez in shark
            Dice
            TWLB Champions Season 8
            TWLJ Champions Season 8
            TWLB Champions Season 10
            TWLB Champions Season 11

Comment

Originally posted by Under Dog
              No because it would make the shark to strong. 2 sharks with 4 reps in a quality basing game is more then enough to take a base assuming the team has some skill. 6 repels would be overkill, think about it, it would take more then full energy to kill a shark with all 6 reps in a spider, that would ruin basing.
              Sharks have 3 reps.
              Mr 12 inch wonder

Comment

2:1 is EZ in a shark if you know how ... but I was talking about sharking in ?go base without excessive tk.

EDIT (30+ w 70+ l is a common average rec for good sharks in ?go base)
                Last edited by TelC@t; 07-04-2003, 01:13 PM.
                Wont die, no surrender 2

Comment

Originally posted by a2m+
                  1:1 is ez in shark
                  1:1 is only easy if you're not playing correctly.

Give sharks a slower assbullet. Make it only be able to shoot 1/2 as fast as the jav's bullets. You'd be surprised how helpful this could be.
                  sdg

Comment

Originally posted by Mattey
                    Sharks have 3 reps.
                    And I have little to no typing skills.
                    Vehicle> ?help Will the division's be decided as well today?
                    Message has been sent to online moderators
                    2:BLeeN> veh yes
                    (Overstrand)>no
                    2:Vehicle> (Overstrand)>no
                    2:BLeeN> ok then no
                    :Overstrand:2:Bleen> veh yes
                    (Overstrand)>oh...then yes

Comment

One good reason for 3 reps: sharks have 4 mines. Two sharks going 1 on 1 will have, in theory, more mines than reps. Even with 2 vs 2, you'd have 6 reps and 8 mines. If you ever have more reps than enemy mines, it would make repping much too easy. Sharks are already the only ships with repels. Why give it a fourth or fifth and still withhold them from weasels who need them more?

Why they don't have ass bullets? The question shouldn't be "why not?" but "why?". If you're part of the "why not?" philosophy, then you should be asking why not give them l3s and bricks and thors?

The reason is that an important part of shark piloting is energy management, perhaps moreso than any other ship other than the levi. There will always be times when a shark won't have the energy to bomb or lay a quick mine, and so it should. Having an l1 bullet removes that moment of vulnerability. It's a cheap way out of sticky situations.

A rocket is unnecessary too because, and few people recognize this, sharks have I think the best acceleration. Giving them rockets will provide that acceleration without once again taking a drain on the energy that thrusting would require.

The shark doesn't need anything.

Comment

Originally posted by Eeks
                        Warbird and spider are too strong.
                        Warbird and spider are just fine.. I guess in basing the warbird, if used is supposed to be the sniper.. the one to pick off the terr. that is what its relatively high velocity bullet and quick recharge is for. The spider is pure base defense.. you weaken the spider, you weaken base defense.. and so im on topic... also if the spider is weakened, it wouldnt be able to fire as many repetitive bullets before it runs out of energy, so it makes repping them and getting into base much easier with the current shark settings. you weaken these you HAVE to weaken the shark to maintain balance.. so not a good idea.

also...

Originally posted by Telc@t
                        Even in pub, why is it that rec should matter? its what the ship is meant to do not what the ship can rack up for points. Take the Levi for example...that is a ship they made for fun, for pubs, and isnt used in basing because of the fact it was made for fun. Sure if used correctly it could easily get a 3:1 + rec. But there is a difference between basing made ships and ships made for fun.
                        Last edited by Blue Thunder2003; 07-04-2003, 09:37 PM.
                        "The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is that the good do nothing."

Comment

Originally posted by Troll King
                          The shark doesn't need anything.
                          That's cause TK owns in it.
                          5:royst> i was junior athlete of the year in my school! then i got a girlfriend
                          5:the_paul> calculus is not a girlfriend
                          5:royst> i wish it was calculus

1:royst> did you all gangbang my gf or something

1:fermata> why dont you get money fuck bitches instead

Comment

They should add the Thor's hammer to one of the ships...

or...

make a new ship with thor's hammer

...of course, they would need to green it..or else it'd be too strong
                            Originally posted by paradise!
                            pretty sure the flu is just bacteria found everywhere, just during the winter our immune systems are at its lowest, thus the bacteria aren't exactly killed off.
                            1:Reaver> HALP
                            1:Reaver> HELELP
                            1:Reaver> SAW CRANS MOM NAKED
                            1:Reaver> HELP YOU DUMB FUCKS

Comment

Originally posted by CrazyAsian
                              They should add the Thor's hammer to one of the ships...

or...

make a new ship with thor's hammer

...of course, they would need to green it..or else it'd be too strong
                              i had an idea to give the lev the reps back take the new crap away and make its bombs non bounce lv 1 and give it a thors hammer to make it interesting it starts with the thors hammer and it cant be regreened. It was just an idea but i thought it was a good one
                              "The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is that the good do nothing."

Comment

Put the levi's back to normal, disable ?buy (except for decoys and make them expensive same with antiwarp, and make them not greenable for levi's,) and make the attach boutny 40, see how many levs you find in flag room.
                                Vehicle> ?help Will the division's be decided as well today?
                                Message has been sent to online moderators
                                2:BLeeN> veh yes
                                (Overstrand)>no
                                2:Vehicle> (Overstrand)>no
                                2:BLeeN> ok then no
                                :Overstrand:2:Bleen> veh yes
                                (Overstrand)>oh...then yes

Comment

Working...
                                X