Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: idea for public basing

Originally posted by Star*fighter
    what if there were arenas that would be all the time in basing mode. i guess they could be named like "publicbasing0", "publicbasing1"... , and there could be couple of them(they could have bots)
    ?go basing

Comment

?go base bot

A suggestion...

The ?go base should have the !notplaying command with a number on the end of it to say how many rounds you would like to sit out...Not too many for the max...Maybe three. But I hate it when I'm sitting in base and i turn on !notplaying to go do something, and by the time I get back, everyone is pissed off because I was afk. I think this may get abused too much, but if the max was about two or three, it shouldn't be too bad.

Comment

Originally posted by Ice Storm03
        Cundor haha nice idea.. Think before u post idiot. The only way we could fix spawning is if everyone got spawned into a safe zone.

Quit flaming guys. Annoying now.
        EvoLd> Roboqueen died again?
        cool koen> :)
        PRiMORDiAL> pfft
        cool koen> not because of a bug
        EvoLd> Lol
        Treachery> meh
        EvoLd> why then?
        PubAceR> women in power dont last
        EvoLd> LOl
        toaster oven reviews

Comment

Re: ?go base bot

Originally posted by Worr
          A suggestion...

The ?go base should have the !notplaying command with a number on the end of it to say how many rounds you would like to sit out...Not too many for the max...Maybe three. But I hate it when I'm sitting in base and i turn on !notplaying to go do something, and by the time I get back, everyone is pissed off because I was afk. I think this may get abused too much, but if the max was about two or three, it shouldn't be too bad.
          Could try not sitting in go base when you're afk

Comment

Re: Re: ?go base bot

Originally posted by Wolf12
            Could try not sitting in go base when you're afk
            Exactly. I seriously don't understand the whole going afk for 6 hours in ?go base is anyways. Unfortunatly, just telling people that the should leave if they are going away for more than one game isn't going to work, so I like Worr's idea. It should be like it's set up in ?go duel.

Comment

A lot of times I want to watch people play and heckle or chat with the other speccers. I very rarely actually want to play in the game. So a !notplayingfor feature would be pretty awesome.

Comment

on spawning

Why not just have people start out with a 2-second shield when they spawn, that will stop the instant spawn death (100% shield) and if they get hit soon after, they wont be able to fire back (50% after 1 second or so) but they wont die either. If you arent moving after 2 seconds, you are either typing or... what?

no idea if thats possible, but its a thought

Comment

Tried that before...not sure what happened, but we don't use it anymore. I think it didn't work well because of the lag

Comment

The idea of a shield when you spawn wouldn't really solve much. One of the main things caused by spawning is when someone spawns right next to another player and kills them. I find this occurs much more often then people killing the person whos spawning. That could just be because I always turbo soon as I spawn.

Either way though, giving people shields when they spawn would just encourge them to kill the guy they spawn near without any worry, and its not really fair for them since they are getting lamed.

Comment

Spawning in Elim - A solution

Everyone hates spawning in elim, and if they don't they should. Unlike most of the people who bitch about it, I have a solution. I am not saying I thought of this first since Im sure someone eles has but anyways.

Why not designate a bunch of spawn points in the elim arena that are all fairly spread out. Something like one in each grid box. When someone dies, have the bot check every spawn point for a ship around in the area (in that grid space for example) and remove all chance of spawning in those zones. Then the bot can randomly select one of the free zones and spawn the player there.

I understand that bots can't control spawning as nicely as I described it but a solution would be just to set the spawn delay to 0 then transfer the player when they die to a small safe box in the bottom left corner. Make a delay of 3 seconds on the bot before transfering the player back in, this would allow the player time to regain most of their energy and act as the death timer.

Ofcourse when elim is packed there might now always be a free area, in this case just spawn them randomly.. if there is that many players it's gonna be a cheap game anways.

But yeah, either this has been mentioned before and was turned down or elim could be less lame should the right people read this.

Comment

Am I the only one who thinks that spawning isn't that big of a problem that any of these changes are necessary? A lot of ideas people are thinking of would require a change in the programming rather than a zone setting change. If that's the line of thinking, I wouldn't count on that happening. Don't forget that TW with it's 1-hit kill system is likely the only zone where spawning plays any significant factor, and even then, I wouldn't consider it a priority.

Comment

Your right, spawning isn't that big a problem, but its still an aspect of play that makes it less enjoyable. Im sure it would take some time to set the bot up right but I don't think it requires the invention of any new techniques that don't already exist with bots out there. When you think of it, there really isn't any real big problem that needs fixing in the zone, so why not try to fine tune it?

Comment

Screw elim.
                            5:royst> i was junior athlete of the year in my school! then i got a girlfriend
                            5:the_paul> calculus is not a girlfriend
                            5:royst> i wish it was calculus

1:royst> did you all gangbang my gf or something

1:fermata> why dont you get money fuck bitches instead

Comment

To resolve this problem, i personnaly think they should put the ships invicible for like 3-5 secs when they spawn.. like that a lots of ppl would be happy but the other half will be crying because there will be so much laming. If the players are a bit intelligent, they just have to run when someon appear near them.

Comment

Occasionally have a zoner about "?go basing". The arena never gets any use, partially due to lack of knowledge.

Comment

Working...
                                X