I want to see stats for ?go base

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I want to see stats for ?go base

Doesn't anyone else want to? Even if they aren't kept up-to-date, I'd love to see some of the stats like Myth posted a long ass time ago.

PLEASE!!!!
    sdg

I was thinking about this a few days ago. Can't a bot be configured to do this?

Comment

yeah good point those would be interesting. i remember when he posted a list of who sharked the most and that was pretty interesting in itself.
      Ripper>cant pee with a hard on
      apt>yes u can wtf
      apt>you need to clear the pipes after a nice masturbation
      apt>i just put myself in a wierd position
      apt>so i dont miss the toilet
      Ripper>but after u masterbaition it usually goes down
      apt>na
      apt>ill show you pictures
      apt>next time I masturbate

Comment

are you thinking like elim type stats?

also if this is brought i'd like to see who leaves games and caps that leave and crap like that.
        There once was a man from Nantucket.

Comment

Good idea. It got my support.
          "Teamwork is essential. - It gives the enemy somebody else to shoot at."
          / Murphy's Laws of Combat

Comment

There was a post about this a long time ago, the only bad thing is it would have to keep stats for each ship you play. Would you want a shark mining on attack because he has to be above 1:1 to keep his stats up?
            Vehicle> ?help Will the division's be decided as well today?
            Message has been sent to online moderators
            2:BLeeN> veh yes
            (Overstrand)>no
            2:Vehicle> (Overstrand)>no
            2:BLeeN> ok then no
            :Overstrand:2:Bleen> veh yes
            (Overstrand)>oh...then yes

Comment

Ship-specific stats would be a solution. Also include teamkills.
              Sure, a big database will be needed, but it will surely work.
              "Teamwork is essential. - It gives the enemy somebody else to shoot at."
              / Murphy's Laws of Combat

Comment

It would be great to see upto date stats.. But..
                I don't think it would be a good idea to show the stats of players or rankings that would be updated everyday or week. Because then some wouldn't be able to show how good they are because they either don't have good stats or haven't played before. It would be nice to have stats atleast once a month but no more than that. It could just show MVPs and etc.. Allot of people i have talked to about this don't support it.

...They have allready posted stats a while ago .. Where could i find them?

1:delta> personally, i would not go to war for oil
                1:FarScape> in age of empires you would
                1:Freeze> LOL FAR
                ---
                5:waven> freeze
                5:waven> no one talks to ease directly
                5:waven> you state your business with sanji
                5:waven> he will relay it to phizey
                5:waven> phizey will relay it to me
                5:waven> and i will talk to ease
                5:Freeze> LOL
                5:waven> that's how things work around here
                --
                1:renzi> freeze theres difference between being wasted and being a waste

Comment

I like when myth posts the stats, and I think it's about time he did it again, but I'm glad he doesn't keep them so that people can see it whenever they want like elim.

What adman said is a good idea though, the only stat that we should be able to see all the time is their finished/unfinished game ratio. That way captains know who's gonna bail on them, or who's just afk a lot.
                  http://www.trenchwars.org/forums/showthread.php?t=15100 - Gallileo's racist thread

"Mustafa sounds like someone that likes to fly planes into buildings." -Galleleo

Comment

I know there was a big thread about this already. I just wanted to make another thread about it to refresh people's minds to the idea. Even if it's like when Myth posted these: HERE it would be cool.

PLEASE!
                    sdg

Comment

Then ?go base wouldn't be about fun basing anymore, but people playing purely for stats, to show "how good they are" in basing. Sux.
                      Retired SSCU Trenchwars Head Sysop

1:24> they'd rather add afks than me
                      24 is in for Freq 1 as a Warbird.
                      1:M_M God> gg

help: (renzi) (Public 33): is it possible for a washing machine to cause a wireless connection to lag?

Candy King, -C4L-

Comment

I think it would be cool just to know how we're doing. I agree, elim type stats wouldn't be good because people would go for rec instead of helping their team like they should, but rather, It would be nice to see the stats once every... few months? Just for progress' sake.
                        5:royst> i was junior athlete of the year in my school! then i got a girlfriend
                        5:the_paul> calculus is not a girlfriend
                        5:royst> i wish it was calculus

1:royst> did you all gangbang my gf or something

1:fermata> why dont you get money fuck bitches instead

Comment

If people don't want people to be playing for stats, just do up-to-date stats but just show

How many games a person has played
                          How many times they've been each ship
                          How many wins they've had with each ship (game wins, not kills)
                          How many loses they've had with each ship (game losses, not deaths)
                          MAYBE how many MVP's in each ship

You could do this all in one table, really. Just make clicky things so you can resort the table according to games, wins, whatever.

If not that, at least repost the stats like in the link I posted in my last post.

It's just fun and interesting to read these kinds of things.
                          sdg

Comment

Originally posted by Fit of Rage
                            I think it would be cool just to know how we're doing. I agree, elim type stats wouldn't be good because people would go for rec instead of helping their team like they should, but rather, It would be nice to see the stats once every... few months? Just for progress' sake.
                            Ya some stats are good every now and then (like who has played most games and who has caped the most) but kills/deaths stats? No thanks. As someone said in the old thread about this, it'll ruin base because nobody wants to be on the losing team so that their recs would not get worse.
                            5: Da1andonly> !ban epinephrine
                            5: RoboHelp> Are you nuts? You can't ban a staff member!
                            5: Da1andonly> =((
                            5: Epinephrine> !ban da1andonly
                            5: RoboHelp> Staffer "da1andonly" has been banned for abuse.
                            5: Epinephrine> oh shit

Comment

Originally posted by Stabwound
                              If people don't want people to be playing for stats, just do up-to-date stats but just show

How many games a person has played
                              How many times they've been each ship
                              How many wins they've had with each ship (game wins, not kills)
                              How many loses they've had with each ship (game losses, not deaths)
                              MAYBE how many MVP's in each ship

You could do this all in one table, really. Just make clicky things so you can resort the table according to games, wins, whatever.

If not that, at least repost the stats like in the link I posted in my last post.

It's just fun and interesting to read these kinds of things.
                              This is almost a really good idea except that the mentality of tw players won't allow it to work. People will refuse to play for a team that will probably lose. There'll be more people using !notplaying until the "better" captain's turn and there'll be people who just leave before the game starts because they think they'll lose if they dont.
                              http://www.trenchwars.org/forums/showthread.php?t=15100 - Gallileo's racist thread

"Mustafa sounds like someone that likes to fly planes into buildings." -Galleleo

Comment

Working...
                              X