Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Re: Solution

Originally posted by Awesome
    Join the list of people who ask for staff on forums... your name is right under Qbe aka Ice Storm

as for this thread spider, you've written to tw staff about it MANY times and even included this opinion in MANY public tw forum posts and finally created your own thread for it. this deserves to remain where it started out, in staff mail. you talk to the general public about it and they wont really understand the problem you're talking about cus they dont see how often it's used.. and any problem or potential problem concerning staff shouldn't be made public. ....ESPECIALLY if it's being made public by a staffer (and a high ranking staffer at that)
    Thats another debate for another thread! I don't plan on making it so why don't you.

Staff 'problems' don't have to remain behind closed doors. If they did, I'm sure I would have heard of this 'rule' before now, and probably from someone like Weaver, or DoCk>. In fact, I've disscussed this issue with Epinphrine (a Smod) and he has read my post... He didn't say anything about me breaking any rules.

We aren't supposed to publish private comments made on the staff yahoogroup... However we are free, like any other TW players, to disscuss staff policy and anything else that we think is interesting.

What is this 'staff' part of the forum for, if not disscussing staff policies?
    Spider
    Formerly EEK! A Spider!
    Former TW Moderator, still an all around nice guy

Comment

I want a list of what events ER's have the ability to host.

Comment

Trenchwars.org, go to the events section. I know, its a true brain teaser.
        Vehicle> ?help Will the division's be decided as well today?
        Message has been sent to online moderators
        2:BLeeN> veh yes
        (Overstrand)>no
        2:Vehicle> (Overstrand)>no
        2:BLeeN> ok then no
        :Overstrand:2:Bleen> veh yes
        (Overstrand)>oh...then yes

Comment

Originally posted by Under Dog
          Trenchwars.org, go to the events section. I know, its a true brain teaser.
          I was actually asking for a list of ERs are what events they know how to host.

Thanks for the list though Veh.

Comment

Originally posted by Sufficient
            I was actually asking for a list of ERs are what events they know how to host.

Thanks for the list though Veh.
            OOO Well I don't know if you can do this, and I couldn't do it for you because I no longer have staff power, but you can ask upper staff for augustss staff stats, it will include online minutes of every staff member, how many help calls they took, how many events they hosted, and what their ads were for the events.
            (Overstrand)>no

Comment

I like robohelp. Its like having a ZH answer except its quicker and easier to follow. I mean, i had zh's tell that to change the sound level in the game i had to exit and go to options. Robohelp is quick, and answers MOST of the questions people ask.

?sound=1
              TelCat> i am a slut not a hoe
              TelCat> hoes get paid :(
              TelCat> i dont

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Solution

Originally posted by Spider
                Thats another debate for another thread! I don't plan on making it so why don't you.

Staff 'problems' don't have to remain behind closed doors. If they did, I'm sure I would have heard of this 'rule' before now, and probably from someone like Weaver, or DoCk>. In fact, I've disscussed this issue with Epinphrine (a Smod) and he has read my post... He didn't say anything about me breaking any rules.

We aren't supposed to publish private comments made on the staff yahoogroup... However we are free, like any other TW players, to disscuss staff policy and anything else that we think is interesting.

What is this 'staff' part of the forum for, if not disscussing staff policies?
                Yeah man, i know what you're saying, and i wasn't trying to say it's illegal... it's just, i don't think the general public who haven't been staff in the last couple of months would realize the problem you are talking about.... and realize how much robohelp is overused.

i do agree with you that it is overused, but again, removing it completely isn't the answer... let it serve it's purpose by answering ?help scorereset or ?help host ....or else you would have another problem on your hands (or atleast the zh's would) since staff members see those like 10 times every minute and robohelp gives a good response for those 2. just remove all the crap it has in it and leave in the usefull auto-responses it has.

Comment

Originally posted by Bioture
                  I like robohelp. Its like having a ZH answer except its quicker and easier to follow. I mean, i had zh's tell that to change the sound level in the game i had to exit and go to options. Robohelp is quick, and answers MOST of the questions people ask.

?sound=1
                  don't forget ?music=1

Comment

I'm with spider on the total removal of RoboHelp, right now all it serves for is abuse such as !tell bangbangbang, !tell his nice ass, or !tell her nice ass (if you don't know what these are type ?help his nice ass, ect...) Why don't we have the ZH's get off of their asses so to speak and actually TALK to some one. I had seen many cases where some one did a ?help, and robo just said no to him, then he did another ?help asking for an in depth answer and he got a !tell ass. These problems would be easily eliminated if staff could get the balls to *GASP* PRIVATE MESSAGE *GASP* some one.

At the very least commands like "his nice ass" "bangbangbang" and all the "who is yomama!!!" should be removed, they serve no purpose then to prove the idiocy of the people who use them out of context. There are staffers out there who won't take a help call if it can't be answered with a !tell, which just proves the utter laziness.

The ZH's have displayed nothing more then laziness, before I left staff I can recall numerous times where at least 5 ZH were on and I had to take the call, Mama needs to start cracking down on the lazy people who just where the tag so they can be cool.
                    (Overstrand)>no

Comment

Originally posted by Under Dog
                      I'm with spider on the total removal of RoboHelp, right now all it serves for is abuse such as !tell bangbangbang, !tell his nice ass, or !tell her nice ass (if you don't know what these are type ?help his nice ass, ect...) Why don't we have the ZH's get off of their asses so to speak and actually TALK to some one. I had seen many cases where some one did a ?help, and robo just said no to him, then he did another ?help asking for an in depth answer and he got a !tell ass. These problems would be easily eliminated if staff could get the balls to *GASP* PRIVATE MESSAGE *GASP* some one.

At the very least commands like "his nice ass" "bangbangbang" and all the "who is yomama!!!" should be removed, they serve no purpose then to prove the idiocy of the people who use them out of context. There are staffers out there who won't take a help call if it can't be answered with a !tell, which just proves the utter laziness.

The ZH's have displayed nothing more then laziness, before I left staff I can recall numerous times where at least 5 ZH were on and I had to take the call, Mama needs to start cracking down on the lazy people who just where the tag so they can be cool.
                      Weaver is in charge of staff now right?

Comment

couldn't agree more. most of the people replying about how robohelp kicks ass haven't been on staff long enough to know what it was like before, or haven't been on staff at all.

but seriously, robohelp (as well as automated events) has destroyed the quality of help (and hosting) that staff puts into their job.

i had thought that just kickin robohelp out might work, otherwise just put it as a bot in like ?go help and ppl can message it with questions, but i hadn't thought of the get rid of zh idea

i think that might work too. seriously, with all the effort i've noticed comming from zh's, a few more ers and mods could do the job that zh's are doing anyways.

it might also be an idea to not count using robohelp towards zh stats, and raise their minimum of actual help calls.

ps. ers, stop hosting prodem and do some actual deathmatches. i remember when that arena got hosted 100+ times a month. now it's automated this, automated that, and ?go racing, pffft

ps. notice how it was demonic who hosted matrix (cough cough, old school mod)
                        Philos> I both hate you and like you more than anyone in this game randedl
                        Philos> there is something about you
                        Philos> You're like the wife i'd love to fuck, but beat every night after work

PhaTz> we should all wear t-shirts that says "I WAS THERE WHEN RANDEDL LOST TWLD" and on the back, "TWICE"

Comment

I hosted deathmatch without a bot today, I think I shall do it more often.
                          EvoLd> Roboqueen died again?
                          cool koen> :)
                          PRiMORDiAL> pfft
                          cool koen> not because of a bug
                          EvoLd> Lol
                          Treachery> meh
                          EvoLd> why then?
                          PubAceR> women in power dont last
                          EvoLd> LOl
                          toaster oven reviews

Comment

If there was a *two* thumbs up msg icon, this post would get that

Originally posted by Randedl
                            couldn't agree more. most of the people replying about how robohelp kicks ass haven't been on staff long enough to know what it was like before, or haven't been on staff at all.

but seriously, robohelp (as well as automated events) has destroyed the quality of help (and hosting) that staff puts into their job.

i had thought that just kickin robohelp out might work, otherwise just put it as a bot in like ?go help and ppl can message it with questions, but i hadn't thought of the get rid of zh idea

i think that might work too. seriously, with all the effort i've noticed comming from zh's, a few more ers and mods could do the job that zh's are doing anyways.

it might also be an idea to not count using robohelp towards zh stats, and raise their minimum of actual help calls.

ps. ers, stop hosting prodem and do some actual deathmatches. i remember when that arena got hosted 100+ times a month. now it's automated this, automated that, and ?go racing, pffft

Thanks Randedl you are my hero! Vehicals post is pretty good too heehee
                            Last edited by Spider; 08-20-2003, 04:55 PM.
                            Spider
                            Formerly EEK! A Spider!
                            Former TW Moderator, still an all around nice guy

Comment

Originally posted by Randedl

STEP OFF I HOSTED MATRIX2 THREE TIMES THIS MONTH! GG NT AND ALL THAT GOOD SHIT! :eek:
                              (Overstrand)>no

Comment

As ZH is mostly seen as a stop gap to becoming an ER, and ZH's perhaps dont give the job all they have, how about severing the link between getting ZH, and moving to ER. Recruit ZH's soley to help the TW public.
                                www.liveforspeed.net

Comment

Working...
                                X