Down with <RH>!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Down with <RH>!!!

Bah, it's so useless. Just another pointless tag for people to use to have a false sense of power. You get, what, 4 zone messages in a 24 hour period? Just get them put on your regular name like a few other people did. Using <RH> just makes you look like you're trying too hard to look important.
    sdg

People are running around saying "IT'S AN OFFICIAL TAG AA DOCK SAID SO!" What I want to know, what's so official about it? Getting a zone message every 24 hours?

Comment

I promised Mama I would never complain about RH's again, but I do agree with you Stab.
      Vehicle> ?help Will the division's be decided as well today?
      Message has been sent to online moderators
      2:BLeeN> veh yes
      (Overstrand)>no
      2:Vehicle> (Overstrand)>no
      2:BLeeN> ok then no
      :Overstrand:2:Bleen> veh yes
      (Overstrand)>oh...then yes

Comment

if a <zh> becomes a radio host would they be known as

"person with less power than randedl" <ZH> <RH>

or

"person with less power than randedl" <RH> <ZH>

or

"person with less power than randedl" <ZHRH>

or

"person with less power than randedl" <RH ZH>

or

"person with less power than randedl" <ZR2H>

or something else perhaps?
        Philos> I both hate you and like you more than anyone in this game randedl
        Philos> there is something about you
        Philos> You're like the wife i'd love to fuck, but beat every night after work

PhaTz> we should all wear t-shirts that says "I WAS THERE WHEN RANDEDL LOST TWLD" and on the back, "TWICE"

Comment

ZHes have a real tag, so we don't need the RH tag. :x
          Dishonor is like the scar on a tree, which time, instead of healing, only helps to enlarge.

Comment

Originally posted by Bluedandy
            ZHes have a real tag, so we don't need the RH tag. :x
            emphasis on REAL tag

honestly, if you need a tag saying <RH> to tell people you are a radio host, they probably don't care to begin with.

PhaTz> we should all wear t-shirts that says "I WAS THERE WHEN RANDEDL LOST TWLD" and on the back, "TWICE"

Comment

GONE!

i believe that <RH> is useless! i mean really all ur doing is hosting a radio show. its not like you can host racing or ish like that.
              Sunshine...

Comment

Status symbols make the world go 'round.
                jasonofabitch loves!!!!

Comment

Right now theres only 1 person using it. I agree it's pointless since everyone sees it as a status symbol and would rather flame them then understand what it was meant for. The RH tag was meant to do what the ZH tag or ER does or use to do. People will come to you for help, and anyone using it would be knowledgeable in whatever they do. DoCk> wasn't going to force us to have the RH tag on, nor was he going to say the any ZHs and ERs have to double tag if they were hosts. Confusion was another problem, I had 50 people message me asking if I was a mod when I did a *zoner.

I think people just are way out of focus when it comes to RHs, the tag wasn't meant to give people power to do *zone msg or *arenas msg, it was meant to help people who were looking for it.

I don't think the one or two people using RH are going to be radio staff for much longer anyways. I think it's stupid to jeapordize your current rank in staff (for staff posting here), to argue with something that is backed by a system op and smods.

Edit:I said it was stupid, I didn't say you couldn't . There was also an I in there.
                  Last edited by Kolar; 08-17-2003, 09:15 PM.

Comment

oh, i didn't realize smods and sysops backed the idea, time for me to get on my knees and agree. . .

just because some people agree with something, doesn't mean i do, and just because i'm on staff doesn't mean i have to.

i will speak my mind, and continue to speak my mind, so long as i live in this day and age, sorry adolph
                    Last edited by Randedl; 08-17-2003, 09:18 PM.

Comment

I think using the tag is fine, but only is you are the current radio host.

Comment

I said it was pointless and stupid to argue with it, I never said you couldn't. I also take great offence to being compared to Adolf Hitler, and being on staff and forum staff I think thats a little extreme. But again speak your mind until you get axed, some people don't know when to stop.

The RH tag isn't widely accepted by the hosts, and everyone is getting really pissy about it for some fucking reason. Crazi and I never came up with it so to allow people to sepreat them from normal players. We are normal fucking players that play music for the fucking community. If you think about we don't get anything out of it but to have people flame and trash our work that we do.

The tag has nothing to do with power, it has to do with helping people just like the ZH tag was meant to, but now is only sought after by power hungry assholes. But if I am going to get hate mail for it then, fuck it. It's pointless to help people when all they do is bitch and whine when they might in a small way have something over normal players.

Comment

Generally I thought at first that it was a good idea, simply because you could tell right out who the hosts were. But that also brings me to something else.. For those that have never been staff, you just don't know how often you get bugged everyday. And having an <RH> tag, I would think it would just be more stress and frustration with people PMing you with, "wot does rh mean????" Or bugging you with, "host twtown!!!!" - Since most newer players don't understand that an RH nor a ZH can host TWTown or anything that contains a bot, besides wbduel/javduel.

Another thing that comes with it is the problem with people impersonating radio hosts with the tag. Yes, we do enforce impersonation since RHs are official staff currently. But they don't have staff chat privilages. So how're we to tell who the official RHs are? [Hint Hint to DoCk> if he reads this: Make a webpage that lists all the official Radio Hosts!]

And I guess I'm done. I'm too tired to think of much else to say.

-Angel
                          What alcohol does to our SMods:

1:Epinephrine> cpt I thin you've had enough
                          1:Epinephrine> ENOGUH
                          cheater: (Epinephrine) (#guano): cpt has had enoughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
                          1:Epinephrine> uhoh I ALMOSt zonedetthat
                          1:Epinephrine> goodtothink I didng't
                          1:Epinephrine> cuas that would be bads
                          1:Epinephrine> BADS
                          1:Cpt.Guano! <ER>> hahaha epi
                          1:Epinephrine> ZONER
                          1:Epinephrine> WHEEE

1:Stalfos <ZH>> hey.. we should get drunk epi to squadgrant
                          1:Epinephrine> I CANTO TYOE THAT
                          1:Epinephrine> OIT IS TOO HARDS
                          1:Epinephrine> HARD LIKE MY COCKS FOR ANGLE
                          1:Angel <ZH>> LOL

Comment

Randedl sure knows his Nazi supremacists. $
                            Originally posted by Vatican Assassin
                            i just wish it was longer
                            Originally posted by Cops
                            it could have happened in the middle of a park at 2'oclock in the afternoon while your parents were at work and I followed you around all afternoon.

Comment

Huh? Theres a RH tag now? Hemmmmmmmmm... Oh well. I'm too busy thinking about how ZH would be better to waste time worrying about RH tags. Hee Hee!
                              Spider
                              Formerly EEK! A Spider!
                              Former TW Moderator, still an all around nice guy

Comment

Working...
                              X