I WONT WHINE BECAUSE SOMEONE ELSE HAS SOMETHING I DONT

Billy: I'm sorry Mrs. Johnson I wont whine about someone having something that I dont have.
    Mrs. Johnson : Good, because next time you will write out double the lines.
    Billy: EEP ... can I have my apple juice now?

Comment

Originally posted by papist
      i believe that <RH> is useless! i mean really all ur doing is hosting a radio show. its not like you can host racing or ish like that.
      A map is being created for ?go radio which will give all radio hosts power in. So well the radio host is hosting the listeners can play in the arena.

Comment

NO MORE <RH>'s PLZ!
        NO MORE <RH>'s PLZ!
        NO MORE <RH>'s PLZ!
        TWLD Season 8 Champion: -FINAL-
        TWLB Season 9 Champion: -FINAL-

Sika> go in, burst and portal out © everett 2006 all rights reserved
        Cross> feel like masturbating after seeing everett in javbirt
        1:LF> my gf gives bad head, how do i fix this 1:pinkSTAR> give head to another guy 1:LF> k ur ignored
        4:moot> cintra thinks he's as good as ev now so he's decided not to talk in public like him
        1:broly> winning this title is like having sex

Comment

Originally posted by CyloR
          Randedl sure knows his Nazi supremacists. $
          it was that or stalin. . .
          Philos> I both hate you and like you more than anyone in this game randedl
          Philos> there is something about you
          Philos> You're like the wife i'd love to fuck, but beat every night after work

PhaTz> we should all wear t-shirts that says "I WAS THERE WHEN RANDEDL LOST TWLD" and on the back, "TWICE"

Comment

down with RH's.

Comment

Originally posted by Kolar
              I said it was pointless and stupid to argue with it, I never said you couldn't. I also take great offence to being compared to Adolf Hitler, and being on staff and forum staff I think thats a little extreme. But again speak your mind until you get axed, some people don't know when to stop.
              Actually, most people seem to be agreeing, rather than arguing. Why do you think it's pointless? Because higher staff agree with it? My government backs things up that I don't necessarily want to, and if enough people agree with me, I could actually change something so it's not necessarily pointless not to voice out our opinions about a tag or any other issue.

The RH tag isn't widely accepted by the hosts, and everyone is getting really pissy about it for some fucking reason. Crazi and I never came up with it so to allow people to sepreat them from normal players. We are normal fucking players that play music for the fucking community. If you think about we don't get anything out of it but to have people flame and trash our work that we do.

The tag has nothing to do with power, it has to do with helping people just like the ZH tag was meant to, but now is only sought after by power hungry assholes. But if I am going to get hate mail for it then, fuck it. It's pointless to help people when all they do is bitch and whine when they might in a small way have something over normal players.
              Your statements contradict your idea. You did it so you can VISIBLY be seen as a radio host so people can get help from you right, so saying that you didn't make it to make them seperate from other players is trash. You know why it may not be accepted by the hosts? Because it most likely isn't going to get respect. Yeah, you might have had a nice idea Kolar, but the fact is that there is staff here to do it. It's part of their job. Just because you work with radio doesn't mean you are the ONLY ones who should be asked about radio questions. I know you might say "They might not know, and we are a bit more knowledgable" which could be true but since it's a TW event, they should know about it, how it works. You want to help? You are helping. You are hosting radio which eases pressure off current staff members for other things. You think you aren't being appreciated? You probably are by staff, and perhaps your listeners too. However does that mean you should be seperatly recognised? No it doesn't, because like I said, that's staff's job. What's wrong with someone doing a ?help message or ask in ?go radio anyways? Can't you answer it there? Exactly, you can without the tag. Most people know that, which is why they don't agree with you. No flaming or trashing going on here. Stop saying that because it's not true. No here is talking about the content, or anything else about radio but about the tag. So don't use the old "It's pointless to help people when all they do is bitch and whine." People have opinions, which may not be like yours or may suggest ideas that may not be like yours. Deal with it. It's not always a flame.

Comment

1. Current staff knows almost nothing about shoutcast, radio or the RH tag.

2. About being appreciated, I don't really care if people do or do not, what I don't like is people bothering me about it in game.

3."However does that mean you should be seperatly recognised? No it doesn't, because like I said, that's staff's job."

Anyone want to tell wtf staff's job is anyways? really?

4. "However does that mean you should be seperatly recognised?"

If it helps at least one person then why not? Being recognized in game by people seeking help was the main function of the tag, not to give people an advantage over others, in whatever small way that would be.

5. "?help message"

Restating that TW staff knows almost nothing about shoutcast or tw radio.

6. "Because it most likely isn't going to get respect"

It wasn't meant to get respect or give anyone an advantage over other players, I think that can be seen clearly now.

7. "Actually, most people seem to be agreeing, rather than arguing. Why do you think it's pointless? Because higher staff agree with it? My government backs things up that I don't necessarily want to, and if enough people agree with me, I could actually change something so it's not necessarily pointless not to voice out our opinions about a tag or any other issue."

I said it was stupid and pointless to argue over something that is already dead and could put their current staff position at risk. I NEVER EVER said they couldn't, lots of I and Imo in there. Actually upper staff was indiferent, they didn't care if we did or not.

8. A lot of people seem to think i'm telling them not to have an opinion on the tag. Defamation is the name of the game kids.

9."VISIBLY be seen as a radio host so people can get help from you right, so saying that you didn't make it to make them seperate from other players is trash"

Yes Arc my friend you and may others seem to be blind to the fact that the fuction of staff and tw radio staff has nothing to do with a status symbol or fame. IT'S MEANT TO HELP PEOPLE!.

10.< ha double digits

"Exactly, you can without the tag. Most people know that, which is why they don't agree with you"

Umm, we are. It was an idea that died out. I wouldn't catorgorize everyone who opposed the <RH> tag under "they could go without the tag, Thats why I hate them!".

11."Actually, most people seem to be agreeing, rather than arguing"

Maybe people are arguing here, i'm to lazy to read over every post, but there are arguments going on in game about it.

In closing, it was an idea, one that everyone seems to have a strong opinion about without having any facts but that the person above in this thread shares their dislike. We do not have to use the tag if we don't want to, thats why you see *zoners with -kolar not -kolar <RH>. It was never meant to give anyone a status symbol or advantage (or whatever you want to call it) over other players. Enjoy the fucking music, and this ones optional....Stfu.
                Last edited by Kolar; 08-18-2003, 10:51 AM.

Comment

I find it amusing that people think any sort of tag means they have power, when in fact the only people who have power in TW dont have tags at all (well except for that kick me sign i put on Epi's back). Its not like an ego trip by a 16 year old hurts any1. The only reason i can see for people being annoyed by it is if they have to constantly hear these people bragging about their nifty tags, or they are jealous that they dont have tags of their own I have always viewed tags in here as a sign of restriction and confinement. Some1 like me can get away with a lot more than any ZH, ER or mod. I dont have to worry about people bugging me to host, or wonder if some punk is logging everything i say in an attempt to get me fired.

Sry i know this was more about the radio ppl specifically, but eh.

Comment

We here at Pallies radio support the RH tag.

Be on the look out for "Pallies Radio Hosts" or PRH's
                    Pearl Jam <PRH>
                    Mayo Inc. <PRH>
                    ConcreteSchlyrd <PRH>
                    Scuzzy Sureshot <PRH>

AND MORE!
                    Mayo Inc. - We should change god's name to "Tod"... see if there's any followers. - Mattey

Comment

1. Current staff knows almost nothing about shoutcast, radio or the RH tag.

I would like to begin by saying, I do know about shoutcast, and I do know about the RH tag, and I do take ?help calls, I hosted radio a few times when it was staff only.

2. About being appreciated, I don't really care if people do or do not, what I don't like is people bothering me about it in game.
                      So I want people to be able to pm you about questions they have as long as they don't (god forbid) disagree with you!? RH POWER!

3."However does that mean you should be seperatly recognised? No it doesn't, because like I said, that's staff's job."

We should go rank to rank, since some one obviously forgot.
                      1) The lowest level of real staff, the <ZH>: The tag stands for zone helper, there job is to HELP people. They take ?help calls and are knowlegable about the game, they sometimes host in order to train for the next level.

2) Level 2, the <ER>: Stands for event referee, these people host all the events the rest of trench wars takes for granted. Such as deathmatch or tournys. They are required to host 40 times a month minimum, and anyone who does not reach this minimum can be axed or suspended.

3) Next you become a mod: These people are tagless, there job is to protect the rights of the citizens of subspace! Catching teamkillers, lag cheaters, racists, and hiders in elim is just a few divisions of their job. They have the ability to ban players.

4) The SMod: These people each have seperate jobs and they keep TW running, such as league op, or event coordinator.

5) SySop: Keep the game running to say it quickly.

If it helps at least one person then why not? Being recognized in game by people seeking help was the main function of the tag, not to give people an advantage over others, in whatever small way that would be.

Chances are if you do not know who is hosting (you could just ask on chat) or do not know how to ask, you do not know how to use WinAmp, and probably do not know what RH stands for anyway.

5. "?help message"

See #1

It wasn't meant to get respect or give anyone an advantage over other players, I think that can be seen clearly now.

Then why the hell does russiansniper run around with his tag on all the time?

7. "Actually, most people seem to be agreeing, rather than arguing. Why do you think it's pointless? Because higher staff agree with it? My government backs things up that I don't necessarily want to, and if enough people agree with me, I could actually change something so it's not necessarily pointless not to voice out our opinions about a tag or any other issue."

I said it was stupid and pointless to argue over something that is already dead and could put their current staff position at risk. I NEVER EVER said they couldn't, lots of I and Imo in there. Actually upper staff was indiferent, they didn't care if we did or not.

DON'T SAY YOUR OPINION, YOU MAY GET AXED!

8. A lot of people seem to think i'm telling them not to have an opinion on the tag. Defamation is the name of the game kids.

You told anyone on staff not to get axed by having an opinion didn't you?

9."VISIBLY be seen as a radio host so people can get help from you right, so saying that you didn't make it to make them seperate from other players is trash"

Yes Arc my friend you and may others seem to be blind to the fact that the fuction of staff and tw radio staff has nothing to do with a status symbol or fame. IT'S MEANT TO HELP PEOPLE!.

Trebeck, I belive the answer is "What Is a <ZH>"

10.< ha double digits

"Exactly, you can without the tag. Most people know that, which is why they don't agree with you"

Umm, we are. It was an idea that died out. I wouldn't catorgorize everyone who opposed the <RH> tag under "they could go without the tag, Thats why I hate them!".

Doesn't it make more sense to have them go without tags to eliminate confusion over if they are really staff? I mean that is what radiobot is for, the !host password:shot name.

Maybe people are arguing here, i'm to lazy to read over every post, but there are arguments going on in game about it.

So what you are saying is, that people may not agree, and I have reasons why the should, but I won't listen to their argument anyway?
                      Vehicle> ?help Will the division's be decided as well today?
                      Message has been sent to online moderators
                      2:BLeeN> veh yes
                      (Overstrand)>no
                      2:Vehicle> (Overstrand)>no
                      2:BLeeN> ok then no
                      :Overstrand:2:Bleen> veh yes
                      (Overstrand)>oh...then yes

Comment

So how soon can we expect to have people leeching names of other people and adding an <RH> tag to them?

Comment

I would like to begin by saying, I do know about shoutcast, and I do know about the RH tag, and I do take ?help calls, I hosted radio a few times when it was staff only.

Given.

So I want people to be able to pm you about questions they have as long as they don't (god forbid) disagree with you!? RH POWER!

People can disagree with me all they want, I never said they couldn't.

sarcasm, really Veh :P.

Chances are if you do not know who is hosting (you could just ask on chat) or do not know how to ask, you do not know how to use WinAmp, and probably do not know what RH stands for anyway.

I'm sure people didn't know what ZH was for when it was started.

Again.

Then why the hell does russiansniper run around with his tag on all the time?

Sorry i'm not Russiansniper, nor did a vote to let him on. The tag wasn't meant to be temp while their hosting anyways.

DON'T SAY YOUR OPINION, YOU MAY GET AXED!

I'm saying why bother when the topic is dead, people are pissed and having staff add their 2 cents only makes the situation worse off then it was.

You told anyone on staff not to get axed by having an opinion didn't you?

I don't tell people I inform them. You can have your opinion at your own risk, just like some asshole can have an opinion and Nazi or Politics but it isn't gonna stop me from ramming my fist in his face nor is it going to stop upper staff from taking action.

Trebeck, I belive the answer is "What Is a <ZH>"

Staff=power, people want power. The tag had nothing to do with the power since all commands are controled through a bot, end of story NT about that part.

10.< ha double digits

Doesn't it make more sense to have them go without tags to eliminate confusion over if they are really staff? I mean that is what radiobot is for, the !host password:shot name.

That confuses it even more, people were msging me asking if I was a mod when doing a zone msg. !host pw:comment is the old command.

So what you are saying is, that people may not agree, and I have reasons why the should, but I won't listen to their argument anyway?

People can say what they want, even if I had the power to close or move this thread just because it bothered me, I wouldn't. People can have thier opinion and yes I have read all all the posts. I don't expect anyone to agree with me, I have listen to all the reasons why people want to get rid of RH tag but it's already dead. Theres no fucking point in keeping it alive, new hosts are not allowed to use them and the ones currently using it will not be on radio staff much longer.

Its funny how people can just dismiss me as being a Nazi and saying crap like i'm telling them not to do something. You can play follow the moron but what does that really do to a thread? Have your opinion but have some real fucking reasons why the tag wouldn't have worked before you bother posting here.
                          Last edited by Kolar; 08-18-2003, 01:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mayo Inc.
                            We here at Pallies radio support the RH tag.

Be on the look out for "Pallies Radio Hosts" or PRH's
                            Pearl Jam <PRH>
                            Mayo Inc. <PRH>
                            ConcreteSchlyrd <PRH>
                            Scuzzy Sureshot <PRH>

AND MORE!
                            that would be if you guys actually hosted Pallies radio once in a while...

and about the <RH> thing, you have people like xog going around saying they are on staff because they have an <RH> tag. Thinking they can tell people what to do, like they have some sort of power. WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO, BELITTLE ME IN YOUR ONE ZONE MESSAGE PER DAY.

Comment

I wouldnt mind, but the fact I get spammed with ads, well 4 times a day saying the same thing:

COME LISTEN TO MY COOL RADIO SHOW AND PLAY WITH SUPER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ?go radio -Random Host#1 <RH>

Like, super doesnt make people come stfu plz kthx
                              EvoLd> Roboqueen died again?
                              cool koen> :)
                              PRiMORDiAL> pfft
                              cool koen> not because of a bug
                              EvoLd> Lol
                              Treachery> meh
                              EvoLd> why then?
                              PubAceR> women in power dont last
                              EvoLd> LOl
                              toaster oven reviews

Comment

I heard the TW staff was planning on implementing two new tags

Monte Hazboun<STFU>
                                Monte Hazboun<FU>

The purpose of these new staff memebers is to get people who complain about useless crap like this to shut the hell up...

Comment

Working...
                                X