Tw Revolution

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Live-Wire
    Just because I rap "mad hardcore" doesn't mean I think I'm from the ghetto. Infact, your use of the word ghetto offends me. A ghetto is "An often walled quarter in a European city to which Jews were restricted beginning in the Middle Ages. " (source: The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition. Copyright © 2000 by Houghton Mifflin Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Company. All rights reserved.)

They don't rap in the ghetto. They rap on TV where they can show off their million dollar "bling" and complain about being poor, while living in mansions and trying to start clothing companies.

Sorry, be more original. Jews have the copyright on "Ghettos". What, are minorities going to start saying things like "Yo, so I was in the shtetl the other day..." Yeah, well Jews got shtetls too, so back off. Try inserting words that work, but aren't owned by the jewish culture. Don't even try to be like "Yo my gang rolled out into the [Concentration Camp], where we got our mad gear up in the hizzy where our hoes be at."

THAT IS OUR WORD.

Anyway, I'm whiter than white can be. Oh, and I'm upper middle class too. Want to be my friend? I don't wish I was Ghetto, because living in the Ghetto involved Russians frequently riding into your town and raping your girlfriend. How is that "hardcore"?

--------------------------------------------------

The preceding message was brought to you by the "Holy Shit I Got You Good You Fucker!" production company, leading corporation in the "I'm Just Kidding" field. They specialize in writing rants that make no sense, AND are off topic.
    This message also brought to you by the How Not To Suck intel group.
    You forgot to realize that there is a little thing called slang .

In my travels for the definition of the word ghetto you failed to say that you took the second definition, tisk tisk, the first one is the most commen one, and it is:
    A section of a city occupied by a minority group who live there especially because of social, economic, or legal pressure.
    Soooooo I was using the word in the sense of the first definition. Way to base and entire argument on a falsafied statement, and I took my definition from the same dictionary as you.
    Vehicle> ?help Will the division's be decided as well today?
    Message has been sent to online moderators
    2:BLeeN> veh yes
    (Overstrand)>no
    2:Vehicle> (Overstrand)>no
    2:BLeeN> ok then no
    :Overstrand:2:Bleen> veh yes
    (Overstrand)>oh...then yes

Comment

wadi is right, OED is the answer to all man's problems

P.S. vehicle is blind

Comment

I don't have any on-topic opinions.. Except I think Live-Wire is pretty cool.
        Spider
        Formerly EEK! A Spider!
        Former TW Moderator, still an all around nice guy

Comment

omg look at my rap

I go to school.
          Beacuse I am not a fool.
          Instead, I am cool.

Comment

Conc, I really hope you arnt so ignorant that u believe its more than just a handful of players actually feel that way in here. Is it so wrong for players like me to hope that the zone we have played for years create some more permanent arenas/events that would be of interest to those of us who crave competition? Elim is mostly a joke, the only competiton in there occurs after the first 25 players are knocked out. Tournies arnt hosted very often, half the time you cant even get in, they take WAY too long, and sometimes u have to wait until the 3rd round for any challenege. Wbduel/javduel arenas were a nice addition, but still way too many newer players who get captain and pick their friends or no1 in the arena cares to try. The other 40 side games in TW have very little to do with compeition and much more to do mindless distractions if you are bored. Some are fun, but where's the competition. Leagues are the only real source and although they usually run without major problems, its only a couple hours a week of play, less than half the year.

Would it really be so difficult to institute some new arenas/events for those of us who want to compete with other solid players on a regular basis? I dont think TW owes me more than any other player, but could it at least put forth as much effort towards me as it does to the guy who has been playing for under a week?

Oh and Magi, im not sure what finally convinced Dock>/Priitk to change those areas, but i highly doubt it was any arguing from the average player. I hate javs ok, i mean i really dont like playing javs at all. But, when i saw ppl like Scuzzy threaten to quit TW because of jav shrap in elim, i went to Priitk and argued with him for over an hour about why it should be removed. I pointed out that it adds too much randomness which isnt good for a "competitive" arena like elim. I noted that multiple players whos main enjoyment in TW was playing jav elims had become so annoyed at it that they were thinking of quitting. I even offered to take a poll of the entires zone's personal opinion over it, if it would help convince him. None of those were good enough points, so im not sure what changed his mind.

Comment

Scuzzy threatened to quit. So?
              Jesus Christ on a pogo stick

Comment

EiG, you've been just as guilty as any "vet" of this attitude. If I had time, I'd just look back through this board for examples. You may think you're making it a better place by "dispensing your infinite wisdom about the spaceship game," but it always comes out something like what I put above. That's why people got a good chuckle out of that post--because they've seen "vets" do the exact thing, over and over.

I'm not exactly sure what you that that I'm "arnt (sic) so ignorant" about. I was guessing that it was the "vet" remark, which has been historically proven to be true. The "vets" that stick around (with the few notable exceptions) end up pulling the same shit. I've had to put up with it ever since I started playing this game. My point is that if you can act that way, I can make fun of it.
                Music and medicine, I'm living in a place where they overlap.

Comment

welcome to the 21st century live wire
                  Ripper>cant pee with a hard on
                  apt>yes u can wtf
                  apt>you need to clear the pipes after a nice masturbation
                  apt>i just put myself in a wierd position
                  apt>so i dont miss the toilet
                  Ripper>but after u masterbaition it usually goes down
                  apt>na
                  apt>ill show you pictures
                  apt>next time I masturbate

Comment

Originally posted by Eric is God
                    or no1 in the arena cares to try.
                    So basically even if the staff attempted to cater to your every whim, you would only take the opportunity when (rarely) you felt like it, while continuing to act insufferably superior all the way?

How nice. How... thankful.

Honestly, Eric, I think you're a great guy, and I act accordingly to you in the actual SS client, but you can be such a prick on forums it's insane.
                    Originally posted by Ward
                    OK.. ur retarded case closed

Comment

Originally posted by ConcreteSchlyrd
                      EiG, you've been just as guilty as any "vet" of this attitude. If I had time, I'd just look back through this board for examples. You may think you're making it a better place by "dispensing your infinite wisdom about the spaceship game," but it always comes out something like what I put above. That's why people got a good chuckle out of that post--because they've seen "vets" do the exact thing, over and over.

I'm not exactly sure what you that that I'm "arnt (sic) so ignorant" about. I was guessing that it was the "vet" remark, which has been historically proven to be true. The "vets" that stick around (with the few notable exceptions) end up pulling the same shit. I've had to put up with it ever since I started playing this game. My point is that if you can act that way, I can make fun of it.
                      Conc, what has always annoyed the hell out of me is that people always assume in here. I never used to act arrogant or egotistical in here, in fact i never even considered myself a "vet" until maybe a few months ago when it just became easier to group myself there everytime i gave my point of view on something. Every time i post on here people automatically attach an arrogant tone to what i say. I noticed this years ago and every time i would offer an opinion i would go to great lengths to make sure ppl didnt make that assumption by adding "of course its just my opinion" or "im probably wrong". Sure ive said some arrogant thingsj in here when ppl tick me off or i think some1 is being an ignorant ackass, but who hasnt? Half the time im just being overly sarcastic and yet every1 automatically assumes im completely serious.

My post had absolutely no arrogant/superiorist tone or thoughts in it at all. It comes out the way you said because you assume thats how im saying it. I could offer the exact same opinions under an alias and would be dismissed as a newbie who doesnt know anything, or ask Troll King to post for me and watch not a single person criticize him of being an arrogant vet.

The only time i truly acted arrogant on this forum was years ago when i ranted long and hard against Dock> and the rest of the staff. My favorite line from back then was "a handful of monkeys and i could run this zone better than the current staff". It just bugs me that i will always have a label on me from people who barely know me, but have decided to stereotype me. Thats your choice Conc and im used to dealing with it. Shesh, it was the main reason i wasnt able to stay on Elusive, because i was sick of bending over backwards trying to convince ppl they were wrong about me and trying to make up for past mistakes. Ive already been punished 5 fold for anything negative ive said or done in the last 4.5 years in here, trust me. I dont need strangers throwing pot shots every time i offer a valid opinion that is not hateful, insulting, or breaks any rules on here.

In fact im actually going to bring this up with u in game sometime, since im sure no1 else wants to read any of this. My apologies to every1 for the rant.

Comment

Originally posted by Vykromond
                        So basically even if the staff attempted to cater to your every whim, you would only take the opportunity when (rarely) you felt like it, while continuing to act insufferably superior all the way?

How nice. How... thankful.

Honestly, Eric, I think you're a great guy, and I act accordingly to you in the actual SS client, but you can be such a prick on forums it's insane.
                        ARGGGGGG!!! Its so depressingly fun when the post i just make gets justified about 5 seconds later by some1 else. Listen, im just going ill try to explain where im coming from on this whole thing.

Over 3 years ago, a lot of elim players started begging, pleading with staff to make two elims for jav and wb's. We desperately wanted to be able to play both seperately since a lot of ppl only liked one or the other. It took 2 years for this to occur and by then there were just too many players in TW for elim to be a place of competition anymore. The whole jav/shrap issue was also something that took a very long time to get rid of since it hampered competition severly. And i wont even get into how much lev/terrs and other pub settings ruined competition.

I spent hours upon hours begging with staff to change things because as a player who loved the game, these things were impeding my ability to have fun in here. Im not saying this to make myself seem persecuted or important or any of that, im just explaining why i feel the way i do now. Finally a new elim was added, leagues were improved, extended and even new leagues were added. We also have arenas where u can have random 5 on 5's, all of which are great additions to TW. BUT, from my point of view because these all were added now instead of 3 years ago, they havent done much to create any level of competition.

Listen, i dont expect a single thing to be done in here which i ever begged for. Nothing ever has within 6 months at least. I think the staff right now does a fine job overall, i really dont see why there are so many people complaining when they have so much. Personally, there is just 1 single thing i would love in TW and thats a renewed sense of compeition among the older players. It wont happen, its selfish of me, if i dont enjoy playing the game i should leave, and i dont deserve it, but thats what i would really love to see. That was the one thought i wanted to get across, that for all the new fancy games, the improved leagues and new elim/wbduel arenas, i personally feel there is still no place to go for some daily compeition. Argue with that opinion, dont make fun of me because u think ims grumpy old arrogant vet. Discuss that point, dont assume i meant anything different without asking for clarification. Or failing those options, dont even reply because you are just wasting both our times and every1 who reads this thread. Im not angry or anything close, just tired and somewhat frusterated.

Vyk, when i play in elim, wbduel or any other arena i do try most of the time. I try to have fun, but there are just too many other factors that hamper my ability to enjoy those arenas and this game in general. 2 years ago i started suiciding in elim, playing javs with bullets only all for an 8 month period because that was the only way i could have fun. I dont think that says much about how much fun i could have in those arenas by playing normally.
                        Last edited by Eric is God; 08-21-2003, 01:08 PM.

Comment

!Viva La Revolucion!

Comment

Originally posted by Eric is God
                            ...or ask Troll King to post for me and watch not a single person criticize him of being an arrogant vet.
                            I'd just like to point out that even if you posted something under TK's nick, it would still have the same tone you always use. TK doesn't get shit for the "vet attitude" simply because he doesn't display it. Moreover, he doesn't use the stupid little word concatenations (ie, "u" in place of "you") and doesn't horribly abuse simple grammar and spelling. I respect TK, not only because of his respect for the English language, but also because his arguments are almost always thought out beforehand.
                            Music and medicine, I'm living in a place where they overlap.

Comment

Conc, fix our forums.
                              Mayo Inc. - We should change god's name to "Tod"... see if there's any followers. - Mattey

Comment

Please keep me out of this one boys.

Comment

Working...
                                X