No announcement yet.

Er Abuse!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

True, staff shouldn't look at age as a factor when recruiting people. But it's hard not to. Not even looking at his age Dimboy is not a very good staff member in my limited contact with him I have had in game. Removing disruptive or just plain bad staffers is not easy when you don't want to discriminate based on age, because it's going to be used by either party.

Comment

I'll need to check this to make sure i am right but i was under the informed opinion that no warning had to be given for blatent teaming/feeding but a warning still had to be given for hiding. I'll double check with someone then post again just to clear it up.
      Tigerex

Comment

wait a minute...hiding's illegal? :eek:

anyway, any time I have seen dimboy in game he has always been nice, funny and helpful, and I'm sure plenty of people can be a lot more immature.
        Squadless> I'M WHITE
        Squadless> only on the outside tho

--------------
        1:Lemmin> is there any reason why bongs have to be so strangely phallic?
        1:Lemmin> it's just these adverts in magazines with men sucking on these tube-like things that concern me

--------------
        7:Mr. Spam> any chubs want a twjd?
        7:Nickname> only with you, sexpot

--------------
        3:Sydi> ok that's enough mythical incest for now
        --------------
        Both teams are ready. Game begins in 30 seconds.
        Scoobing> here it comes
        WARNING: Disconnected from server

Comment

Plauge Rabbit was 12ish when he joined, wasn't he?

Comment

Originally posted by Taciturn Bob
            Then an ER could spec a person for no reason and it would simply become a stupid argument where all we have are two sides to a story and one has more weight to it simply becuase one side is staff. Warnings must be issued otherwise it just becomes a stupid flaming argument such as this one.
            It is an ER's story versus some common player's story and who do you think will be believed more readily?
            I dissagree. Even if a warning was given it would still be the moderators word against the players. It doesn't make a difference. If a staffer is abusive (ie: not following correct protocol whatever that may be) they get axed. It doesn't matter if the incorrect action is a warning or a ban. Warnings don't prevent abuse... Hiring the correct staffers and axing the poor ones prevents abuse.

We need to spec people breaking these rules in elim with out warnings because it was happening all too often by people that know better. We had people hiding every day until they got a warning then they would wait until the next day to get another warning.

As far as I know this rule hasn't caused any problems.. In this case the issue isn't that speccing without a warning is bad.. The issue in this case is whether or not the person that was specced was infact hiding.

Tigerex: I was pretty sure no warning was nessecary for this type of thing.. be it hiding, teaming, feeding... Check it out and get back to us though. I swear Mama told me no warnings were needed. *shrug*
            Spider
            Formerly EEK! A Spider!
            Former TW Moderator, still an all around nice guy

Comment

I thought a warning was ALWAYS needed, unless they were repeat offenders, but I've only been a mod 3 years what do I know
              A drunken mans words are a sober mans thoughts

LIGHT4CHAMPS

Comment

Originally posted by DUMBRIT!
                I thought a warning was ALWAYS needed, unless they were repeat offenders, but I've only been a mod 3 years what do I know
                I guess we should ask someone.. lol.. Honest to God, I've heard no warned was needed to spec people in elim that are breaking the rules... You spec and warn them not to do it again at the same time. I'll ask Mama next time I see him.
                Spider
                Formerly EEK! A Spider!
                Former TW Moderator, still an all around nice guy

Comment

Re: idiot

Originally posted by X_Cronic Nightmares
                  errr im new here but im sure it was a mistake btw how many elims are there a day? I mean if you have to come on here and whine about your crap and how an er sucks or something your proubly a newb anyway. Also if it was that much of a problem or something woudlnt you post something liek this in a problems forums? Hmm i dunno im new here but i think you just need to get over it and play and if your so good then im sure you'll go around owning again.
                  + You asked how many elims there are a day.. i mean what the fuck you can go into elim once and figure out theres no set limit

Comment

I hate rhetorical questions. They confuse me.

Comment

Roundabouts confuse me
                      Originally posted by Facetious
                      edit: (Money just PMed me his address so I can go to Houston and fight him)

Comment

Babies in animal outfits confuse me.
                        Tigerex

Comment

dont say ez when u kill, its incredibly noobish

Comment

Haha nothing is better than seeing a big fat EZ when I kill some one. I'm never serious, but it really pushes people's buttons. I dunno why but it sets them off.
                            Mayo Inc. - We should change god's name to "Tod"... see if there's any followers. - Mattey

Comment

We should have a minimum ?usage requirement for staff, it'll prevent problems like this from happening.

dimboy4axe.

Comment

no top god.

dimboy rules
                                <3 unF to dimboy

Comment

Working...
                                X