No announcement yet.

Heres an idea for your problems paying for server

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think a big problem is that most people might not be old enough to just send money as donations to online games.

I'll probably go and send cash wrapped in printer paper through the mail sometime, though.
    - k2

Comment

If they were given sysop in their own arena they would be able to edit the .lvz.

My only concern security wise is I believe if they /*kill 99999 people, it would actually work... lol But then again I'm an idiot and forgot your able to disable public + private commands

Comment

Originally posted by Dark Commando
        If they were given sysop in their own arena they would be able to edit the .lvz.

My only concern security wise is I believe if they /*kill 99999 people, it would actually work... lol But then again I'm an idiot and forgot your able to disable public + private commands
        If you somehow gave a person sysop powers in just one arena (I don't even think you can, but you can do the temporary command to set them as sysop), they could easily work themselves into having sysop in the entire zone.
        sdg

Comment

Not really because in priv arenas you block the *getfile and *putfile commands. And you are able to put in the sysop.txt sysops in priv arenas.

Comment

um i'd donate $40 to get my own arena. it's pretty obvious what i'd do with it

edit: i'm serious. i have $ and i'm willing to give it. for an arena.
            Last edited by jiu jitsu; 09-22-2003, 12:50 PM.

Comment

that said, i think this is a good idea...

Comment

I would also donate $40 for jiu's arena *cough* I'd donate 10 a month for several months for a league based on said arena. Hell, I'd even run the league if you wanted.

Comment

SPEEDBALL WILL LIVE FOREVER, LETS START POOLING MONEY AND OFFER TO GIVE DOCK> 1000 US DOLLARS TO BRING SB BACK!:eek:
                  Vehicle> ?help Will the division's be decided as well today?
                  Message has been sent to online moderators
                  2:BLeeN> veh yes
                  (Overstrand)>no
                  2:Vehicle> (Overstrand)>no
                  2:BLeeN> ok then no
                  :Overstrand:2:Bleen> veh yes
                  (Overstrand)>oh...then yes

Comment

so what would priitk think about this...

edit: more like dock and arilou

Comment

how's it going DC. long time no see. still play ss much?

Comment

anyone remember when SS was sponsored by Burger King?
                        may be hard to contact anyone that would actualy listen...but if contact was made and you showed them the traffic in tw...you could prolly pawn off a reasonable amount per month.

Comment

I say you take all the current donation money and play the lottery, you have a better chance of winning that then you do of convincing 14/15/16/17 year-olds to send in their petty allowance. I mean, how are they supposed to buy bubble gum? can you imagine a 14 year-old without his bubble gum? That's pure withdraw right there my friends, he'll probably commit suicide, which will force his family into a long legal battle with PriitK over wrongfull death. So play the lottery, because anything else..... is uncivilized.
                          ROCKING MY OWN WORLD SINCE PUBERTY.

Comment

Will Thom Yorke ever cheer up? - ZeUs!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Under Dog
                              SPEEDBALL WILL LIVE FOREVER, LETS START POOLING MONEY AND OFFER TO GIVE DOCK> 1000 US DOLLARS TO BRING SB BACK!:eek:
                              I think it was Mr Mike who asked for it to be taken down
                              Jesus Christ on a pogo stick

Comment

That is a good idea, paying so much a year for your own arena, perhaps this could be incorporated with their new webhosting, as an additional option cost.

Also it would be good if there was a Trench Wars BOT core development download... this way we could make our own custom bots in our own arenas.

Perhaps in future Continuum revisions, they could modify the ARENA LIST... giving well known arenas PRIORITY on the list and personal arenas lesser priority...hmmm

Ok, here is another idea...sort of funny...

Gambling or PUB Jackpots.

Trench Wars appoint a staff member or pay pal account who accepts money from any trench war gambling participant.

Everyone who participates like $5-10 bucks... has a chance at winning a jackpot or (1st,2nd,3rd) place cash prize.

A portion of this money is automatically donated to the Server fund.

I'm not sure about the legalities of online gambling, but perhaps there is a loophole we can all exploit.... to add another edge to the game, to have yet another server donation fund generator.

Along with webhosting, TW merchant products, and misc donations.... this will help pay for the server costs and yet provide all with free entertainment... yeah eventually even the TW owner... cause he has done something noble for all of us, to provide hours of free entertainment to all of us.

Also, perhaps if TW server fund gets a surplus, they could put that money aside for the rainy day fund...or expand the server in order to provide (less lag service) or able to handle more players at once.

Just think, it would be simply amazing in 2 years from now, if TW server could handle 2000 online users at once. But then again, 2 years from now... TW and all subspace could be dead... I hope not..

Comment

Working...
                                X