No announcement yet.

TW historical question...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whats really fun is to try and get so many points that you end up with negative points, but I have only done that in Jackpot zones and KIng of the hill.
    2 time TWLD runner up.

If not a medal, cant I get a Ribbon??

Comment

shennanigans, rating is too high
      Last edited by Childrn of Light; 08-07-2002, 11:28 PM.
      LAME - http://lame.twzone.net

Comment

Yes i remember e-lites high score. When i played as Definition back in the days, and me and e-lite as squadmates (Dependency) decided to aim for the highest points in tw. I had a good start on him but he soon caught up. That man played 24/7 and i couldnt keep up with him =(
        COYO

Comment

Ahhh thanks for remembering me guys!

Here's what happened.

Back in 1999 there were a maximum of about 50 players in Trench Wars at the time. Now you guys see as many as 450-500.

When I originally went for the all time high pub point record, no one had broken the 2 million mark EVER. Not even close, I believe the high at the time was closer to 1.5 million which was an AWESOME score by all standards back in the day. There weren't enough people to kill with only 50 people signed on at a time in the whole Trench Wars zone.

At the time (and it still is) Trench Wars was the only place I wanted to play, and I wanted to break the record. Not only did I want to break it, I wanted to shatter it. I had to kill 12,000+ of those miniscule 50 people that were playing in order to achieve this. That's not easy. I was the first person to break 2 million, and also the first to break 3 million.

The anomaly that one person mentioned, was that this was an extended reset, in that the scores didn't get reset on that second Wednesday after the original reset. The important part to remember however, is that I did not know this, and I played as hard as possible and eclipsed the 3 million mark BEFORE the 2 week period was over since that was my goal. I did continue to play for the rest of the reset, which was one week over the normal reset, but only gained another 141,000 points over that week. I wasn't sure why it didn't reset like it normally did, but my goal was to hit 3 million in 2 weeks and i did.

I'm not sure who hold the pub record now, but 3 million points in 1999 was a serious accomplishment, and I thank you guys that remember me doing it. It was a record I hoped would hold forever, but with 10 times the people playing TW, it makes it 10 times harder to hold.

-Blizzzard
          Last edited by Blizzzard; 01-15-2006, 05:08 AM.

Comment

Firstly, yes there are far more people playing tw.. but pubs have gone WAAAY downhill. When I first started I broke 1 and 2 million points repeadetly in the 2 week periods, but the basing in the pubs was of high quality and it was still fun. Nowdays.. it's just soo much less, and I get bored within minutes..

Wix did an attempt to break the record and I think he atleast got to 2.5.. not sure tho.
            Maybe God was the first suicide bomber and the Big Bang was his moment of Glory.

Comment

You now get disconnected from the zone if you die so many times in a row without getting a kill.
              Not if you're a mod, or smod. Qan went afk a few months back, provided limitless kills till someone (I think it may have been Rudy, or Mootland Farmer) came along and put him in spec.

Originally posted by Disliked
              Imagine a world without morals... it would be like the tw community
              +++ Divide By Cucumber Error. Please Reinstall Universe And Reboot +++

Comment

Originally posted by Blizzzard
                Back in 1999 there were a maximum of about 50 players in Trench Wars at the time. Now you guys see as many as 450-500.

-Blizzzard
                Maximum of 50 in 1999? There was alot more than that
                A drunken mans words are a sober mans thoughts

LIGHT4CHAMPS

Comment

Wix got 3.5 million i think and cig smoke 3.6 mil.
                  FIRST you pillage, THEN you burn.

Comment

Originally posted by DUMBRIT!
                    Maximum of 50 in 1999? There was alot more than that
                    Yes, in 1999 at the peak times of population there was around 150.
                    7:Warcraft> Why don't white people hit their kids anymore?

Duel Pasta> great
                    Duel Pasta> I spilled juice on my face

Tower> NATIONAL WEED YOUR GARDEN DAY

TWLB Champion Season 12
                    TWLJ Champion Season 11
                    TWLB All-Star Season 10
                    Best undeserved TWL title winner in Trench Wars history

Comment

Cig had over 3000k like a year ago I believe.
                      Kakka> <3333333333
                      missa> do i want to <3 you after you banged a donkey?

Comment

Originally posted by Voth
                        Yes, in 1999 at the peak times of population there was around 150.
                        On average though it was usually between 50-70 players.

Comment

Congrats on your highscore in 1999...
                          sdg

Comment

I miss Gaste
                            1: Alokas Nakki> oli nammi nammi kakkua
                            1: Fork off!> I don't speak that language
                            1: Alokas Nakki> neither do I

RoboHelp> This message has been sent by Nycle:
                            (RoboHelp)> Please take care when operating your ship while under the influence of alcohol.
                            RoboHelp> If you have any further questions regarding this issue, please use :Nycle:<message>

Comment

Working...
                            X