Speedball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speedball

A lot of people don't read the speedball forum, but have expressed interest in it. I'm giving an update to a project near and dear to many of our hearts.

If you hadn't heard, speedball is actually on it's way back. This isn't jiu or myself trying to sneak it back in as hyperball, jiuball, twball, bangball, or koansucksballs. The only problem is Dock> has requested some changes be made to the map so that it's "original". We have two possible submissions, but before we send them in, I'd like some feedback on the community's preference. If some staff guy could link it to Dock, that'd be great because I have trouble getting in touch with him.

Neither or set in stone. If you really prefer one but think something needs fixing, just post it and we'll consider it. The important thing is that Speedball returns to TW in as pure a form as we can.

The sample maps can be foundhere.

I'd like to know what's wrong with using the original map. It's not like Mr Mike has copyrights to the thing.
    Ну вот...

Comment

Bring on the SB!!!!

Did not know there was a SB forum?

I am glad SB it's on its way back to the arena lists!!!

It's still up on the PB servers, but nobody ever uses it, so it seems.
      May your shit come to life and kiss you on the face.

Comment

Speedball looks terribly similair to hockey, someone explain the difference to me except the slight variation in rules.
        EvoLd> Roboqueen died again?
        cool koen> :)
        PRiMORDiAL> pfft
        cool koen> not because of a bug
        EvoLd> Lol
        Treachery> meh
        EvoLd> why then?
        PubAceR> women in power dont last
        EvoLd> LOl
        toaster oven reviews

Comment

Will somebody explain me what Speedball is?

"edit: I like Map B the most"
          Maybe God was the first suicide bomber and the Big Bang was his moment of Glory.

Comment

AE: I don't know, but it's what Dock wants, so I'll comply. Talk to him if you want an explanation.

404: We'll be taking it out of PB as soon as it goes up in TW, at least I hope we will. It doesn't belong there, and they were never very helpful with our leagues. I don't blame them, as it's not truly part of their zone, I'm just saying it shouldn't be there. Anyway, the "official" sb forum can be found at the wr forums.

Dimboy: You can't tell from the maps, but it's got completely different settings. I didn't feel I needed to mention that, as this thread was aimed at people who had played sb before and therefore might care what the map looks like.

Additional note: I also realize a lot of sbers don't read tw forums (avatar_hero, Ziprick, most of NSU) so if you have any contact with them, please hit them up with the link. I really want to bring sb back in it's fullest glory.
            Last edited by Verthanthi; 10-16-2003, 03:04 PM.

Comment

I would like to start playing it, but I will have to know what it is about first.
              Maybe God was the first suicide bomber and the Big Bang was his moment of Glory.

Comment

Re: Speedball

Originally posted by Verthanthi
                If some staff guy could link it to Dock, that'd be great because I have trouble getting in touch with him.
                Consider him linked (kinky)
                Originally posted by Facetious
                edit: (Money just PMed me his address so I can go to Houston and fight him)

Comment

Speedball primer

In Speedball:

Ship settings:
                  All ships are the same.
                  Ships have a warbird style bullet and and non-bouncing jav style bomb.
                  Ships have a repel and a decoy (regreenable).

How to play:
                  Two teams
                  5v5 or otherwise (doesn't really matter, 3v1 is fine if the 1 is good).
                  Score a goal in the enemy goal.
                  Shoot + kill enemies trying to score their own goals.
                  First team to get 10 goals (win by two) wins.

Differences to hockey
                  You really do not need a goalkeeper.
                  No need for bitching when nobody decides to goal.
                  No need to wait for people to get organized, you just play.

Roughly, it's a merge between twdd and hockey. That's a bad description but will do until someone does better.
                  Last edited by Nockm; 10-16-2003, 04:49 PM.

Comment

Thanks

Comment

Big ups to whoever got this ball rolling.
                      Music and medicine, I'm living in a place where they overlap.

Comment

Direct those to:

Yojo: It was his idea to pay for speedball to return, and he's done a bit of the corresponding between dock and the people who are currently running the project.

Jiu: He got together the money. He's currently working with Dock on the details. He also kept it alive for that one PB season.

wadi: Working with jiu, offering to help run the leagues so we have some kind of staff on board.

Cpt.Guano: for offering to do a sb bot for us.

Anyone who is donating (Jiu has the names), Anyonee who worked on the earlier failed projects, notably (Vehicle, myself, mythrandir, maybe conc?), and everyone who mindlessly spammed forums with speedball crap (Me and wadi).

Comment

Count me in.
                          5:royst> i was junior athlete of the year in my school! then i got a girlfriend
                          5:the_paul> calculus is not a girlfriend
                          5:royst> i wish it was calculus

1:royst> did you all gangbang my gf or something

1:fermata> why dont you get money fuck bitches instead

Comment

I could, and have, ramble on about speedball for copiuous minutes, but I won't. Suffice to say _YES_ there is something brewing, and _YES_ myself and my partner in crime Jiu Jitsu are once again at the wheel (where we've been since the First Strike days). Shade's helping out on the maps, and deserves huge big ups for that, though this thread is a tad premature. Basically, the community (the sb community, and yes one does exist at the dozens strong level), has been trying for years to get SB back to TW. For those of you who weren't around for it, SB was/and is the ONLY sub arena with non-tw settings to ever have a consistent player base in TW. It's a fast paced ball game that emphasizes team play, and quick passing and killing. Still the greatest adrenaline rush in SS for my money, and frankly it makes hockey look like slow ass geriatric shuffle puck.

The real problem right now is no one knows EXACTLY what DOCK> wants from us. So, dock> if you read this, you, me, and jiu need to meet and hammer this out. The player base is there, just let us know what you want in a map. Specifically, I need to be there so it can get logged and buffered, so we don't have all these mixed messages.

If anyone see's dock> while he's active, tell him you want him to talk to wadi and jiu so you can get speedball. It's worth it, trust me.

Comment

If you guys need some muscle or high-powered, semi-automatic weapons, I'm all over it.
                              Music and medicine, I'm living in a place where they overlap.

Comment

Working...
                              X