Stop being such bitches

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stop being such bitches

OMFG! I CANT SAY JEW OR NI GGER OR SOMETHING ELSE SEMI CLOSE TO RACIST! TW SUX!

Seriously cut that shit out. It's not that hard to communicate without using ANY racial slurs at all. I believe Destroy said it best in his thread: JUST PLAY THE DAMN GAME. Don't worry about what policies staff has and what you can or cannot say. It's a FREE COMPUTER GAME, not real life. If your government were to throw you in jail for saying these things it would be a completely different matter, but since this is just a game, I suggest you let it go. If anything staff should make its rules about racism even stricter, and just ban all offenders on the spot, even if the people complain, so the fuck what. All we'd be left with were people who are so fucked up now that they can't use racial slurs, and people who don't care either way and never used them. You are making this bigger than it is. It is staff's right to run the zone the way they see fit. If banning topgod for calling hoju "hojew" is what they see fit... than, sorry topgod, you can't call hoju "hojew". Big fucking deal. Really what argument could you pose to "Don't get so upset of the game's racism rules"? Are you really that obsessed, was the ban SO unjust that you lose sleep and see it as some moral outrage? NONONONONONO. Priitk can say whatever he wants, it's his zone and if I had put as much work as he had into creating (no he didn't create it but he's the godfather now so...) something, I would expect people to follow my rules. I would also expect to be able to get away with whatever the fuck I wanted.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE STOP BITCHING ABOUT STAFF'S RACISM POLICY.
    Mayo Inc. - We should change god's name to "Tod"... see if there's any followers. - Mattey

i really dont give a fuck about staff, but when they ban me for calling hoju "hojew", thats when i start to care. as far as im concerned, staff brought this upon themselves. i did nothing wrong and now im banned... do you think that i have nothing better to do than get banned? if i wanted to get banned, then i would of done something big and gone out with a BanG. all i want from staff is to leave me alone and stop harassing me for things that im not doing. if they cross that line, then why is it my fault? all i want to be is left alone, but nooooo, they have to stick their nose where it doesnt belong. mayo, how would you feel if you were banned from these forums becauese priitk felt like it? would you suck it up and move on?

Comment

Mayo

Totally agree.
      5:royst> i was junior athlete of the year in my school! then i got a girlfriend
      5:the_paul> calculus is not a girlfriend
      5:royst> i wish it was calculus

1:royst> did you all gangbang my gf or something

1:fermata> why dont you get money fuck bitches instead

Comment

Life's a bitch Top, stop crying

Comment

but i see melufa doin what top is doin if he was in top's shoes
          _o_2NASRALLAH

Comment

Toppy is my boi.. gtfo
            - RawZ

Street Cred:

Cripple since 2000
            Ex Cripples Captain
            Ex SSC DownTown Zone Sysop
            - my smods (NOBODY!!!!!!! and Ave-iator) created the original Alias Bot for Trenchwars -

delectable> I like double penetration from african americans

Comment

But, as trivial as it may seem, you WERE banned for a reason. You think they wouldn't ban you for calling him ho******? Things in staff aren't as bad as you say they are, while I agree it's strict, my point is that it's no big deal. I do not have to worry about being banned from these forums because I follow the rules. If I recieved a moderator warning that informed me of any wrong doing I would cease whatever it was I was doing that went against the rules. I can't remember if you were banned with or without a warning or not, so I don't know if that relates to your situation at all. If you want staff to leave you alone, think about what the text that is going to be displayed in chat means before you press the enter key. It really is easy to not get banned for racism, in 2 and a half years with thousands of logged hours I have been banned for racism a total of: 0 times, and I'm sure there's people who have been playing for far longer, and logged many more hours, who have not been banned for racism either.

This isn't a personal attack on any level, just my way of reacting to a lot of people out there being outraged over staff's racism policy.

However one thing I must comment on is that if staff expects people to follow the language guidelines, then a list of "illegal" words should be made readily available to the public, so as to eliminate any doubt from staff's collective mind as to whether or not the offender is in the wrong. Staff has the right to impose rules on us, but we in turn have the right to know the rules and fully understand them before expecting to abide by them.
              Mayo Inc. - We should change god's name to "Tod"... see if there's any followers. - Mattey

Comment

Amen mayo
                Originally posted by Facetious
                edit: (Money just PMed me his address so I can go to Houston and fight him)

Comment

Except the fact that half the time in the game is a social system that comes along with the down time of not actually playing half the time. This game is very boring when you just fly around in the ships all day shooting at everything you see. Rules like this do kill the game's personality, just because the bigwigs want to appeal to as many people as possible. They have no regard for the reasons of the game's staying power, and would end up destroying them if it means more kids would come to the server. Even though while more are joining, the regular players are on the search for the zone they once played called SSCU Trench Wars, because this one surely won't be it.
                  sage

Comment

Originally posted by Richard Creager
                    Except the fact that half the time in the game is a social system that comes along with the down time of not actually playing half the time. This game is very boring when you just fly around in the ships all day shooting at everything you see. Rules like this do kill the game's personality, just because the bigwigs want to appeal to as many people as possible. They have no regard for the reasons of the game's staying power, and would end up destroying them if it means more kids would come to the server. Even though while more are joining, the regular players are on the search for the zone they once played called SSCU Trench Wars, because this one surely won't be it.
                    And being able to use racist terms IS the reason for this zone's staying power?

Comment

That's why I'm here.
                      5:gen> man
                      5:gen> i didn't know shade's child fucked bluednady

Comment

Originally posted by Mayo Inc.
                        However one thing I must comment on is that if staff expects people to follow the language guidelines, then a list of "illegal" words should be made readily available to the public, so as to eliminate any doubt from staff's collective mind as to whether or not the offender is in the wrong.
                        Of course, they'd have to keep updating it as people came up with new ways to say it.

Comment

Originally posted by Troll King
                          And being able to use racist terms IS the reason for this zone's staying power?
                          I didn't think I'd have to spell it out for you. The freedom to at least say what they want is. This rule goes in a direction that would end up ruining it.
                          sage

Comment

All this time I thought it was the settings, one-hit kills, various leagues, hosted games, elim and basing that did it. Heck, the next version of Continuum should just do away with all that stuff and just be a chat program.

Comment

I play this game because I still think it's fun to fly around and shoot everything in site, maybe I'm a newbie but so what. This game was not created as a chat program, and harmful speech should be regulated. Removing racial slurs from the game will not kill the zone. As I've said before, people have made this bigger than it is, and that was a classic example Rich.

Comment

Working...
                              X